PoE - Sales figures STEAM

The numbers seem to come from SteamSpy. I'm not sure that they are reliable; for instance, the ownership over time graph claims that ownership of PoE has decreased in the last 4 days (even though it can't decrease, and PoE has continuously been in the top 3 games sold). I know they provide confidence intervals, but these seem too small...

You can see all of this here : http://steamspy.com/app/291650

Of course it's working with all STEAM games [ with sometimes some mistakes ]

:yes:

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

If it helps, at least in North America, it's ranked 4th in the list of top sellers this week. That's one place behind City Skylines (which is an interesting sales sensation all of its own), and behind Elite: Dangerous and GTAV for the PC. As a huge fan of Obsidian and PoE, I hope they continue to be successful and we can get a Throne of Bhaal type expansion and sequels for years to come.

If nothing else, then hopefully that are at least as successful as Harebrain Studios, the guys behind the recent Shadowrun series. So far they've put out the main game (which was pretty good, but not as good as PoE), a standalone expansion that backers got for free that was better, then a Special Edition of the expansion that made the content even better for current owners, and have recently completed a successful kickstarter for Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

What an age we live in. I'm trying to convince my wife (who is a tabletop player & DM) to want a copy so I can give Obsidian even more money :)

You can see all of this here : http://steamspy.com/app/291650

Of course it's working with all STEAM games [ with sometimes some mistakes ]

:yes:

Does that take into account all 3 versions of Pillars of Eternity? Hero, Champion, etc?

I see only a single price listed, which I believe is the least expensive version.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I truly wish I had waited to buy this. Instead, I was so excited that I decided to pre-order, and then Obsidian had to reveal their true face of censorship by censoring the you know what poem. Now I have a game that I bought but will never play...serves me right for not waiting. That's why the smart people wait, not only do they get it for less, but they can also avoid situations like this.

I'm not commenting on the politics of any particular discussion, but if you think a third party created an injustice, don't let them create another one by denying you the enjoyment of the game on top of it. Whatever politics abound, it's still a game, you own it, and it would be a shame if you let someone else deprive you of its use. I know tempers are running hot on this issue, but I just hope you reconsider and at least give the game a shot. Hell, even if you really love it, I'm not saying come back and praise the game. Keep complaining if you want, but at least get the use of the product you've purchased. :Cant's Dutch uncle icon:
  • Like 7

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I truly wish I had waited to buy this. Instead, I was so excited that I decided to pre-order, and then Obsidian had to reveal their true face of censorship by censoring the you know what poem. Now I have a game that I bought but will never play...serves me right for not waiting. That's why the smart people wait, not only do they get it for less, but they can also avoid situations like this.

I know! I backed Kingdom Come: Deliverance before finding out what a Neanderthal Vavra is, so now I'm going to repeatedly hit my thumb with a hammer. That'll teach them!

(Not really. I look forward to playing his game.)

• Like 9

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'm not commenting on the politics of any particular discussion, but if you think a third party created an injustice, don't let them create another one by denying you the enjoyment of the game on top of it. Whatever politics abound, it's still a game, you own it, and it would be a shame if you let someone else deprive you of its use. I know tempers are running hot on this issue, but I just hope you reconsider and at least give the game a shot. Hell, even if you really love it, I'm not saying come back and praise the game. Keep complaining if you want, but at least get the use of the product you've purchased. :Cant's Dutch uncle icon:

It wasn't a third party that created the "injustice" though. It was Obsidian, who decided, to pursue a policy of censorship and displayed themselves as anti-free speech. It feels wrong for me that my money has gone to a company, whose values, are entirely against my own. I am a strong proponent and believer in free speech and dislike censorship, which is a polar opposite to the values Obsidian displayed in this situation. It feels wrong for me to play a game, knowing that it was produced by a developer who does not believe in the right of free speech and easily caves in to special interests just to make a quick buck.

While i hope they'll make a huge buckload of money, i also hope they still also create another kickstarter for their next games.

Ditto.  I've been madly searching the web every few weeks afraid that I might have missed a kickstarter for a PoE expansion or sequel.

(I haven't... have I?)

It wasn't a third party that created the "injustice" though. It was Obsidian, who decided, to pursue a policy of censorship and displayed themselves as anti-free speech. It feels wrong for me that my money has gone to a company, whose values, are entirely against my own. I am a strong proponent and believer in free speech and dislike censorship, which is a polar opposite to the values Obsidian displayed in this situation. It feels wrong for me to play a game, knowing that it was produced by a developer who does not believe in the right of free speech and easily caves in to special interests just to make a quick buck.

I feel you, man. I recently discovered that the manufacturer of my dishwasher, and I don't like to name names in such sensitive situations, decided to not include any homophobic jokes (or any jokes at all!!) in their owner's manual. Worse than that, I learned that a technical writer at the company did in fact attempt to include such a wonderful joke in an early draft of the manual, and that the evil CEO decided to do away with it after it was discovered during the editing process! Needless to say, as I am in full support of all companies including such jokes in their works and therefore against their removal under any and all circumstances, I must now wash all of my dishes by hand. Life, it's pretty rough when you've got real principles like I do.

As for the sales figures, looks like things are going pretty well. Good to see.

• Like 22

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Pillars had a player peak of 41k players on steam :

http://steamcharts.com/app/291650

(Its in the "most played" Steam Top10 right now)

D:OS had a peak record of 21k players 

http://steamcharts.com/app/230230

Baldurs Gate EE had a peak of 3.1k on Steam :

http://steamcharts.com/app/228280

Wasteland 2 had a peak of 18k players on Steam :

http://steamcharts.com/app/240760

Plus Pillars is on Top at GOP for over week now. To my understanding Pillars should reach AT LEAST D:OS sales.

Edited by Ramireza

The strawman army marches on. Sheesh.

Strawman? I was making a joke to convey a generalized point, not suggesting that my fictional account was equal to the ridiculousness I was mocking, only similar in nature. I hope you didn't misconstrue my joke and take offense. :yes:   And, "army?" Sheesh, looks like the hyperbole infantry is out in force around these parts. See, I can do it too.

• Like 3

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Thats not bad for a new game and hopefully it will continue to do well. It´s looking even better if we keep in mind that his kind of RPG is considered a niche. I would be interested what Obsidians predictions were in term of sales.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I sure as hell hope they can beat the RERELEASE of a 15+ year old game(s) who have already been modded and played millions of times....most of the community didn't even have the need for "EE" since the mods that made the game even better had been out forever.

Not to mention I think Trent was even more focused on the handhelds for the EE...what were the tablet/phone sales for that....PoE as of yet isn't mobile.

So we can assume that minus the backers plus the sales from GOG It sold at least double the amount of D:OS(100000) in its' first week so it might sell better overall and they will get at least between 500000 to 1000000 copies after a year like D:OS .

At least they probably won't need to lay off workers again...

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!