Not sure if a DLC is in the works, but would love to see one dedicated just to the stronghold. For example being able to dedicate it to a certain class or god, turning it into a place of evil or good.

Would love to see tweaks to the stealth system so that not everyone would go out of stealth at the same time.

Would like to see a skill for enachinting etc.

Would love to see Kickstarter for this so I can add in my own story although after the whole trangender fiasco doubt there able to do that.

• Like 1

Guest BugsVendor

To me the whole stronghold mini game is a miss.

I wouldn't mind some minor hideout you could get to sleep there for free at some point in the game.

However being a lord of huge castle kills the idea of being an unknown adventurer.

Claiming such a big piece of land, and very much known by the locals, you would be the most talked about person in the whole realm.

Game play mechanics wise it didn't bother me at all. Story wise... I pretended it is not there. 

I absolutely love the idea of a stronghold but it's quite underwhelming. Like, for instance, I was seriously disappointed when I found out the sleeping bonuses for various improvements weren't cumulative, and that resting at my stronghold is either for immersion or immediate necessity.

One of the things I always crave in various games is the actual feeling of claiming land and lording over it. I quite enjoy how you have petitioners and various guests staying at your castle and I'd love for Obsidian to expand on that, allowing more actual control over your lands than just arbitrary improvements. Also, I think it would be swell if they decided to release an expanded stronghold function with the expansion pack, that they'd include it in the base game as well (on account of not splitting their players between those who will have more fun with the same mechanic and those who won't).

Immersion breaker...in a fantasy rpg...lol....

Yes, immersion. In a fantasy RPG. Which is, you know, the most important "passive" quality such a game can or cannot possess.

And which the Stronghold lacks. As in, almost completely. You get it out of the blue. There's nothing close to it, no responsibility linked to it. Kolsc or Raderic could have given it to you as means of payment for your role in their dynasty struggle. It could have served a special purpose, served as a hold for nearby villages, for some trade route etc. that has fallen to ruin with the spread of the Legacy and the madness of its former liege lord, Maerwald. Instead, it's literally "Here's a keep, including magical janitor. No strings attached. Have fun." So, yes, in a game that takes its setting extremely serious and creates an immersive atmosphere, the Stronghold is an immersion breaker. ...and it looks like crap, but I've mentioned that in quite some length a few times before.

Edited by Posbi

Well, I (i.e. my character) isn't an "unknown adventurer".

She was when she first came to the Dyrwood. But now, she's the hero of Gilded Vale, a very well-known person and problem-solver in Defiance Bay, has made a name for herself in Twin Elms, and is a close ally of Kolsc of Raedric's Hold.

And she's taken over a ruined castle somewhere in the wilderness which had been all but abandoned or neglected for years.

Could they've done a better job with the stronghold?

Sure. It'd be nice to, like, see where your taxes actually come from, and some of the mechanics (turns?) are quite wacky.

But running a castle is in itself entirely possible in how the Dyrwood is presented.

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Well, I (i.e. my character) isn't an "unknown adventurer".

She was when she first came to the Dyrwood. But now, she's the hero of Gilded Vale, a very well-known person and problem-solver in Defiance Bay, has made a name for herself in Twin Elms, and is a close ally of Kolsc of Raedric's Hold.

And she's taken over a ruined castle somewhere in the wilderness which had been all but abandoned or neglected for years.

Could they've done a better job with the stronghold?

Sure. It'd be nice to, like, see where your taxes actually come from, and some of the mechanics (turns?) are quite wacky.

But running a castle is in itself entirely possible in how the Dyrwood is presented.

This. I don't have a problem with the idea of the stronghold. I loved the stronghold in NWN 2. What I have a problem with is the way the stronghold is a) given to the player and b) how it is presented - both visually and by the way of game interactions - in Pillars of Eternity.