Twitter outrage over the "[spoiler]" quest

This is why I say removing things is a slippery slope, now they're demanding something else gets removed. Where does it end?

Exactly. That's why you mustn't budge at first. If you do, well, then you're gonna get fuc*** by just about every internet demographic out there.

Devs need to follow Daniel Vavra's example and just refuse to change anything.  They've given up on him and his game.

I mean I'm sure they'll give him hell again when the game gets released, but it'll blow over.

I think the best devs to follow would be these guys, mainly Kamiya (I could post several images showing why I love this guy).

1392610514234.png

George Kamitani is fine too.

18lhaz86uht6rjpg.jpg

Japanese games are horrible...

I am offended on the behalf of people i do not know in an industry that i have no part of. I immidiately demand an apology for such xenophobic behaviour. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There's less rape in Japan because there's less crime in Japan in general.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

K1ef7dB.jpg

This picture is of Gorion, mage of Candlekeep. Gorion died due to spamming magic missiles on a highly dangerous warrior. Now Gorion's ghost haunts, and because you saw this image he is aware of you and will cast magic missiles on you if you do not share this message with five of your friends. A Chicago man saw this message, and did not share. He was found in his apartment severely annoyed. Do not let this happen to you! 

Edited by Sleazebag

In order to be raping people, they would have to be having sex with each other.

Have you SEEN their birth rates??

You are seriously equating Birth rates with having sex? Are you Roman Catholic?

Um...well...they are kind of interrelated. :p

The ride never ends part 2.

Tigger Warning! Contains one f-word. I'm not going to discriminate against the other letters by not mentioning them simply because they didn't start the word so here it goes: c, k, and u.

I hope this pleases everyone and nobody is offended.

There's only one appropriate answer (again): 

That was literally rape

How dare you

Silly willy, it's only white men. They do not feel rape. In fact, they were probably asking for it since the patriarchy demand a rape quota.

Just listen & believe.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If someone objected to bikini armor for the ladies and Obsidian changed it, I'm glad.  I hate that crap.  It makes no sense whatsoever on top of the sexist concerns many have.

Bikini Armor? No. It wasn't even all that.

OK, Like, maybe 2 weeks into the kickstarter they released concept art for one of the potential companion NPCs. This one:

eternity2.jpg

And then, for 24 straight hours, because of that completely harmless picture, Hell broke loose. People whined. And the whines were about everything the human mind could possibly dream up about that one little picture. Sexual exploitation of Women; The impracticality of form-fitting armor; Obsidian trying to sell a kickstarter with sex! Even the Promancers came out of the woodwork and questioned the logic behind creating such 'suggestive' NPCs in a game that won't have romances. It was 24 hours of Nuts.

And then, one day later, they changed the picture, and we got this:

image-163777-full.jpg?1348795914

For some reason I still haven't figured out, this quieted everyone down, and for that I was happy. But again, that doesn't change the *thing*, here. On demand art isn't friggin Art.

So, an artist isn't allowed to change their design based on feedback? If Obsidian peeps hear feedback about something and then decide that they agree with the feedback, do they not have the right to make revisions? I get it, you think that they were bullied into it, but it's just as likely that they legitimately decided that they agreed with the feedback. Just sayin'

I happen to like the second one a hell of a lot more than the first one, but that's not really the point.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Is my country the only one with condoms, pill, morning after pill and Sperm Banks?

Do you people reproduce asexually? Because unless you're spliced with frog DNA, people have to have sex to reproduce unless they pay large amounts of money to use high technology--which isn't available to everybody for obvious reasons. The vast majority of human beings are the product of sexual intercourse, man.

Birth rates =/= sex.

Plenty of people in first world countries have sex. We still have low birth rates to the point of being propped up by immigrants.

But Japan probably has a bunch of factors contributing. Being overworked making people to tired for sex, the cost of having kids, overpopulation (was it Japan or China with bubble hotels?) , being desensitized to the point where reality cant satisfy you sexually*, being a shutin and/or neet, ignoring relationships for other things like anime or games (kinda like some guys in the west) or whatever else.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

*Aoyama cites one man in his early 30s, a virgin, who can't get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.

I wont even bother trying to understand Japan. They make good games and some anime I like, thats enough for me.

You are seriously equating Birth rates with having sex? Are you Roman Catholic?

They really don't have as much sex as the average westerner.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Is my country the only one with condoms, pill, morning after pill and Sperm Banks?

Do you people reproduce asexually? Because unless you're spliced with frog DNA, people have to have sex to reproduce unless they pay large amounts of money to use high technology--which isn't available to everybody for obvious reasons. The vast majority of human beings are the product of sexual intercourse, man.

And yet not all sexual intercourse ends in pregnancy, in fact I dare say MOST sexual intercourse going around all over the world doesn't end in pregnancy.

So no, saying "I saw their birthrates so I know how much they hump each other" is an infantile facetious statement.

They really don't have as much sex as the average westerner.

I was going to ask how do you know, but I prefer not to...

Edited by Bayzent

Birth rates =/= sex.

Plenty of people in first world countries have sex. We still have low birth rates to the point of being propped up by immigrants.

But Japan probably has a bunch of factors contributing. Being overworked making people to tired for sex, the cost of having kids, overpopulation (was it Japan or China with bubble hotels?) , being desensitized to the point where reality cant satisfy you sexually*, being a shutin and/or neet, ignoring relationships for other things like anime or games (kinda like some guys in the west) or whatever else.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

*Aoyama cites one man in his early 30s, a virgin, who can't get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.

I wont even bother trying to understand Japan. They make good games and some anime I like, thats enough for me.

There are people right here in America who don't get aroused unless somebody is peeing on somebody else. Without the statistics to prove some sort of wide spread societal issue and connect it to some sort of societal stimulus, he's just giving anecdotes of fetishes and it means nothing.

• Like 1

Japanese games are horrible...

Some are, some aren't. Nice generalization. 1/10

• Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Another one?... Why they don't complain about game of thrones where a pregnant woman got stabbed to death?... This is getting silly really Obsidian don't care about them... Or we will end to have scenes like  people making a shower in underwear... and that is pathetic to see

Computer games != Movies ;)

In TV and Kino movies you see 100000000 kills every day. You see how torturs in every singel and tiny aspect. You see how woman and childs get raped. EVERY singel movie "must have" a sex-scene.

BUT computer games are dangures and a harm ;).

Hell, there are very view computer games which are realy as hardcore and cruel as the normal every day latenight movie I can watch in TV ;).

That was a legit complaint. ****ing boob-shaped breast plates are retarded; whoever did that first concept art deserves to be shamed. Not for sexism, just for being an idiot.

So what should a woman with huge breasts do then?

And yet not all sexual intercourse ends in pregnancy, in fact I dare say MOST sexual intercourse going around all over the world doesn't end in pregnancy.

So no, saying "I saw their birthrates so I know how much they hump each other" is an infantile facetious statement.

So is saying that sexual intercourse and birth rates aren't related to each other at all. It's not a direct 1:1 deal do to the vagaries of technology and biology, but one does directly effect the other.

So, an artist isn't allowed to change their design based on feedback? If Obsidian peeps hear feedback about something and then decide that they agree with the feedback, do they not have the right to make revisions?

Were we discussing artist rights?

I get it, you think that they were bullied into it, but it's just as likely that they legitimately decided that they agreed with the feedback. Just sayin'

Or, they agreed that Negative PR, manufactured or not, is not the best way to generate funding in the middle of a kickstarter.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2

So is saying that sexual intercourse and birth rates aren't related to each other at all. It's not a direct 1:1 deal do to the vagaries of technology and biology, but one does directly effect the other.

Again, so you know what condoms, the Pill, the morning after pill and even what a contraceptive method is?

Edited by Bayzent

That was a legit complaint. ****ing boob-shaped breast plates are retarded; whoever did that first concept art deserves to be shamed. Not for sexism, just for being an idiot.

So what should a woman with huge breasts do then?

Some sort of chain mail bathing garment or mithril pasties would be the most logical way to accommodate her condition, I'd think.

• Like 2

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

So we've gone from a potential twitter outrage to a maybe fake twitter outrage to general game critique, Cadegund-gate, rape statistics and a bunch of other stuff. Only on the internet! ;) I think we're long past this having much of discussion "point" or for that matter being about PoE the game, plus we're nearing the post count limit.

Game over.

• Like 10
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts