Twitter outrage over the "[spoiler]" quest

What are you referring to? this? http://www.orderoflaibach.com/blog/screw-you-firedorn-lightbringer

The author has no say in this anymore unless he had come forth to Obsidian, BEFORE any of this on HIS OWN VOLITION and requested to have it removed/changed. Anything after that and he is a non factor. After that it's all principle. 

So you are basically stealing the case from the victim's own hands in order to serve your own motivations, thank you for admiting this here.

Obsidian delivers their magnum opus and they're stuck dealing with this PR nightmare now. Life truly is unfair.

I understand though. For years these vermin have been allowed to poison gaming and none dared to stand up to them. Now comes the counter reaction and it's bloody war with developers caught in the middle. It's ugly but perhaps necessary, yes? One violent reaction to counteract another and hopefully restore balance to the world of video games. One can only hope that things will get better eventually. 

• Like 1

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

The missing point of yours being that Obsidian shouldn't have done anything at all.

Why? The limerick was not their property.

It was, it was in their game, just as any other text is in their game. It's only there because they included it, willingly. The entire game is their property, everything in it. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

This forum has been endlessly entertaining the last few days.

rekoolno na fo evitcepsrep eht morf, sah ti tcepxe dluow I seY

Since it seems to be a fake, i think mods should close the thread now. We should all go back and enjoy the game and ignore those fools

It would be the most logical choice at this point. 

Edited by ChipMHazard
  • Like 1

The missing point of yours being that Obsidian shouldn't have done anything at all.

Why? The limerick was not their property.

Yes, and that's precisely why they had to get in touch with the author. Ignoring the whole thing and let Firedorn deal with the Twitter angry mob on his own and take the blame for everything, that would have been a real d* move.

Edited by Kimuji

Who cares about twitter? Who cares about what anyone thinks? 

The game is brilliant.

In twitter every miserable unloved child wants to be a hero from their mom's basement.

Don't give in, Obsidian, keep up the good work. I can't wait to play more of your stuff. You need to stick to your guns.

Ignore the SJW. We don't need them. We need your games as you envision them, without being affected by any internet crybabies.

Be strong Obsidian.

Edited by Emerwyn

Obsidian will ignore this one. Just like they SHOULD have ignored the last one. We all learn through our mistakes, Obsidian included.

• Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I hate twitter and these jackhats. If Obsidian caves more to them, I'm requesting my money back. They will not be worthy of my money. If this blows over and nothing is changed, then that's fine. But after the memorial issue, I'm having little trust left with them. They can't appeal to everyone, so they need to stop trying to.

Edited by SemiJames

Holy Batman! Look what I have done:5tseIT.pngThat game is only 18 years old.

Holy strawberries Batman, are we in a jam!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I sincerely doubt that this gets changed because:

A) It's an option in a quest.

B) It's a fairly significant quest.

C) Unlike the backer rewards, the questlines get a little more scrutiny and are weighed with a different scale. If they had a problem with the option of killing a child as part of a quest, they wouldn't have made it an option.

The world of PoE is a dark and dreary place. No one should be made to feel safe.

What are you referring to? this? http://www.orderoflaibach.com/blog/screw-you-firedorn-lightbringer

The author has no say in this anymore unless he had come forth to Obsidian, BEFORE any of this on HIS OWN VOLITION and requested to have it removed/changed. Anything after that and he is a non factor. After that it's all principle. 

So you are basically stealing the case from the victim's own hands in order to serve your own motivations, thank you for admiting this here.

What? The "victim" was never a victim at all before Obsidian let him be. Had they responded properly to begin with(not at all, ignoring another idiotic tweet like they do with hundreds of others) there wouldn't be an issue. The only "victim" would have been some delusional twitter poster that got ignored.

The author doesn't matter. The intended meaning of the joke doesn't matter one bit. If anything it was more "lore" than tons of the other ones still in the game. Obsidian should have entirely ignored this whole ordeal. 

• Like 6

You deserve this Obsidian.  This is what happens when you give attention to the crazies, they keep coming back.

This.  Nothing will EVER be enough for these people. Giving in to them is validating them. Expect more of this and more and more until devs stop listening to them. How many people called this exact same thing? It's NEVER enough for them.

• Like 1

All the backers who don't think an innocent joke should be removed? 

If Obsidian laughed off the first case of offense I would agree with you, they didn't. 

How about you give some credits to Firedorn's own words instead of denying him any kind of honesty in order to keep justifying your anger toward Obsidian? How long will you keep holding your grudge against the devs when the very author of the lines you're pretending to defend said things didn't happened the way you are presenting them?

Erika Victorious @icequeenerika Follow

Aaa! I did it! I spoke up and I made change! I changed things! I did a good thing! I'm a good person! Yaaaaay

what didn't happen? he/she/it seems to think something happend. why? are we all blind or is it just you?

Jesus H...

Why the feck aren't you lot playing the game instead of feeding this non-issue? For a week now people have been bleating about the patch being late, and now it's here, the forum's turned into a "What can we be outraged about now?" listing.

*sigh*

• Like 1

You know, I have no problem with Obsidian consulting with Firedorn to change his epitaph in the game, but insisting they change a quest because they don't like the fact that you have the option to kill a child in it? That's just over the line. It's a role-playing game set in a pretty dark setting. And the game doesn't force you to do it. 

Jesus H...

Why the feck aren't you lot playing the game instead of feeding this non-issue? For a week now people have been bleating about the patch being late, and now it's here, the forum's turned into a "What can we be outraged about now?" listing.

*sigh*

Oi! Not all of us have a patch to download yet! :(

Edited by ChipMHazard

Jesus H...

*sigh*

Oye, not all of us have a patch to download yet! :(

They are working on the GOG patch =]

That is up to them and Firedorn, not any of us.

As long as their choice is visible it's reasonable to expect visible opinions about it. They are entirely judged by what they do or refrain from doing. No one claimed that it wasn't their choice, just that they chose poorly.