So at what level should I go to Caed Nua, I have a party of 4, three of them are level 4 and one of them is level 3 and the place is filled with shades and phantoms etc........s0 am I high enough to handle Caed Nua?

Or should I roam around get some level and then go to Caed Nua? I mean what would be the appropriate level and party size for Caed Nua?

Thanks.

Edited by Brimsurfer

First of, what dificulty are you playing on? You playing normally or on Path of Iron? If you are not playing PoTD dif and path of iron, you should be ok with lvl 3, I remember clearign the courtyard on hard on lvl 2 when I was making a rush for NPCs. So lvl4 should be perfectly OK.

On a side note are you playing with NPC companions or custom created characters?

"We must all fear evil men. But there is a kind of evil we must fear most and that is the indifference of good men!"

I managed to clear it on hard with a party of five at level three but the boss is going to be a major pain, depending on your own class and if you chose custom companions. At level four you should be able to do it without having to rest.

Caed Nua is doable on PotD with party of 5 (default story companions) @ level 3. It just takes quite a bit of trial and error (patient with the constant reloads) to get the split pulls, abuse chokepoints + Fan of Flames + Withdrawal + your first item summon, a couple of sneaks past the courtyard mobs (you can take down the flame blights), and the constant sneaking to and fro to rest at the inn if you're low on cash. Oh and avoid the non-essential battles like the library.

Of course if you're confident of clearing out the entire courtyard it does eliminate your need to sneak.  

Without more info on what game mode i cant comment but im going to comment anyway :p, its possible to do it level 3 with a strong composition even one PoTD, one thing Ive learnt in my solo run is that if you think the difference between easy and hard and hard and PoTD is big then try solo Im almost level 5 and i struggle to fight one phantom XD they literally stun lock me for two minutes, if i get 8 free seconds of hitting them they die but its the most frustrating fight in the game so far because you never know if you are gonna hit them at all before you die or if you will kill them in the first ten seconds. The only reliable way to kill them is by exploiting the ai and i try not to do that

Imo the most important thing is whether you have a custom party or you just have all the companions till then...

....and second important is what your class is:)

As people have already said the phantoms/shades (and shadows....not sure if the shades summon these or they are already there) have the nice little bonus of stunning you (-deflection so tanking them will be hard) and some luck for them to not teleport and kill your squishies....I suppose if you are on Trial of Iron you are....err...safer with more levels? :)

(Tho good luck with the more xp....I don't know where you can get more xp before the Keep:) )

Edit: And if you have not done so already learn your crafting and don't be afraid to use potions/scrolls (get lore for scrolls).

Edited by lyin321

You should be just fine to handle Caed Nua on hard with a dual wielding rogue and the party of NPC's you can get before then. You might want to pick up an adventurer, but otherwise you'll be fine. Go play the game and stop asking questions!

Edited by Lasci

• 6 months later...

Necesito ayuda por favor, en el nivel 5 de Od Nua ninguno de mis personajes detectan la llave o switch para abrir la puerta y encontrar la pieza de la espada . Están en modo exploración pero no logran detectarla y no se que hacer!!! y en todos los vídeos veo que los personajes en ese lugar la detectan solo y los míos ninguno. Ayuda please!!

You need a certain mechanics skill to discover that lever. And you need a certain skill of english to get help in this forum. Who would understand me if I would nur auf deutsch schreiben?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I need help please at Level 5 of Od Nua detect any of my characters change the key or para open the door and find the piece of the sword. But in drill mode are not detect achieved and that can not make !!! All videos and I see that the characters in that place alone and the detected Mine neither. Please help !!

habilidad mecanico 6, pienso no ser lo suficientemente bueno 5 (i believe you need mechanic skill to be 6 to detect, perhaps 5 is also sufficient)

ePHpgKB.png