Making mooding dificult ?

Because 4 million is a tiny budget compared to most games and it's hard to have multiplayer, modding, and everything else people want?

I'm hearing that modding isn't the easiest in the world but it's very possible. Hopefully as time passes devs will be able to offer information / tips to facilitate.

• Like 1

ye moding its ok, not easy but ok, i am troubled couse i dont understand the change in a second 500 mb patch that did nothing else . If it was a reason for it its ok, but i have no clue why it was done, and i hope its not something that will happen in every patch.

Edited by Arctic

The second patch was a hotfix for something the first patch broke, involving player-created companions.  See announcements forum.

Specifically about them loosing the sound preset.

The clearly have changed something on the sound department to fix the problem.

The second patch was a hotfix for something the first patch broke, involving player-created companions.  See announcements forum.

I doubt that was solved by changing the name of the sounds and visual effects xD

Specifically about them loosing the sound preset.

The clearly have changed something on the sound department to fix the problem.

that could be it, but its still a weird choice, you dont usualy change all the references when you need to fix 1, unless they use other internal references and all the assets are regenerated automatically with hashtables or something like that that can seam random ... (well it could be that)

But that would mean that each time any effect its changed or added all mods will have to be redone.

Edited by Arctic

Given how big that first patch was, how soon it arrived and how broken the game was (if they had done any testing at all, or even idly booted it up they'd know about the bugs with saving and equipping items) my theory is the release game was an early development build from a few months back that they put out, hoping that this patch we just had would be day 1. It being an early build it had reference to alpha assets which were removed in what was intended as a release candidate.

Given how big that first patch was, how soon it arrived and how broken the game was (if they had done any testing at all, or even idly booted it up they'd know about the bugs with saving and equipping items) my theory is the release game was an early development build from a few months back that they put out, hoping that this patch we just had would be day 1. It being an early build it had reference to alpha assets which were removed in what was intended as a release candidate.

That's a terrible theory.

I dont think it was so bugged, bugs saving games in the same place you get a companion, randon bugs where files are damaged that usually start happening when you already have 30 hours in the game ... thats not something you can test in the beta. sometimes happens, the same way that sometimes games stop working when you have 200 saved games. thats not easy to test before release.

The game was not bugged at all, there was nothing that made you lose your file or that made you unable to finish the game (even that damage files bug could be solved by yourself in less than 30 seconds if you google how to solve it)

That's a terrible theory.

This section of forum has been about all kind of conspiration theories lately...

I dont think it was so bugged, bugs saving games in the same place you get a companion, randon bugs where files are damaged that usually start happening when you already have 30 hours in the game ... thats not something you can test in the beta. sometimes happens, the same way that sometimes games stop working when you have 200 saved games. thats not easy to test before release.

The game was not bugged at all, there was nothing that made you lose your file or that made you unable to finish the game (even that damage files bug could be solved by yourself in less than 30 seconds if you google how to solve it)

I'd argue a bug that makes it impossible to not finish the game is at least as bad as one that makes it impossible to finish the game. But the point is that both of these bugs should be blatantly obvious to anyone even reasonably familiar with the game's systems within the first hour of testing. As soon as you equip your second item or reach the first town you WILL encounter these.