Women's Gymnastics

Child of Flame

This is my favorite event!

I think they are all incredibly talented, and the way I see it is that it all comes down to pressure and how well they perform at that moment. Everyone is bound to mess up some time or another. They are all so good at it that the judges have to take off for every tiny little thing otherwise there would be ties... sooooooo... I say yay for US, yay for Romania.... yay for everyone who actually made it to the olympics. I don't really care if we won gold or not... I just care that they were there and did their best!

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

I couldn't stop watching women's (or is it girl's now) gymnastics. drooling.gif

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'm not a big fan of the Olympics. I think it should be a three-month long tournament, and we air the final two weeks.

You spend your whole life training, often for one 30 second moment. And if you screw up, there are no second chances. The problem is, that the better athlete does not win the gold medal. The person who performed the best that one time wins the gold medal. If you had a series of gymnastic events for a month, at the end of themonth you'd have the best team.

I can't stand to watch women's gymnastics. 16 year old girls who've trained so much they've stopped their bodies from evolving properly, thus making them look like freaks, with lots and lots of make-up on and fake smiles all the time. And the point system! "Oh, you fell? Then you only get a 9.999875!", "And heeeere's the winner with 9.999925!".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

NBC's broadcast has been hilarious with all their technical problems. The commentators often can be heard speaking when they believe they're still on commercial or off the air.

One of the gymnastics commentors could be heard asking "was that a bull**** score?" :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

lol... those commentators were driving me crazy. Every little freakin' thing "oh.. that's going to cost her 5/10's of a point. Ooo see that wobble? Another 2/10's off for that. Ouch, that's gonna hurt her score". God damn it... why can't you say something nice like "WOW! That was an amazing tumbling pass!" or something... they were depressing me.

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

You know gymnastics were so much better when there was really something at stake. Bring in a bull and see how many of these athletes can hop over the top without getting gored to death. Make gymnastics a bloodsport again! That's my vote. :p

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You know gymnastics were so much better when there was really something at stake.  Bring in a bull and see how many of these athletes can hop over the top without getting gored to death.  Make gymnastics a bloodsport again!  That's my vote.  :)

That doesn't sound very Christian...

heh heh heh

It's the classicist in me, I guess. Anyhow, Christians have been some of the most bloodthirsty folks in history.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You know gymnastics were so much better when there was really something at stake.  Bring in a bull and see how many of these athletes can hop over the top without getting gored to death.  Make gymnastics a bloodsport again!  That's my vote.  ;)

That doesn't sound very Christian...

yeah that would get me to watch. if they did that the field games should have half-starved dogs chasing them...man i would love to see that. i bet the times would break all the current world records.

I can't stand to watch women's gymnastics. 16 year old girls who've trained so much they've stopped their bodies from evolving properly, thus making them look like freaks, with lots and lots of make-up on and fake smiles all the time. And the point system! "Oh, you fell? Then you only get a 9.999875!", "And heeeere's the winner with 9.999925!".

I havent watched womens gymnastics, but what makes them look like freaks?

I havent watched womens gymnastics, but what makes them look like freaks?

The fact that they're all under 5'0 tall and 100 lbs despite being 16-19 years old perhaps?

Pretty much all of the female gymnasts look like they're 10 or 11 years old.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why would they do that to themselves? That sounds quite stupid to me.....

That's because with age cartilage is slowly replaced with solid bone in your body. So they try to slow that process to keep themselves more flexible. But the drugs they use for that disrupt their bodies' natural growth/maturation, that's why they look like freaks. And you don't even want to know what sorts and how many problems they have after their 'athletics' career has ended...

Why would they do that to themselves? That sounds quite stupid to me.....

That's because with age cartilage is slowly replaced with solid bone in your body. So they try to slow that process to keep themselves more flexible. But the drugs they use for that disrupt their bodies' natural growth/maturation, that's why they look like freaks. And you don't even want to know what sorts and how many problems they have after their 'athletics' career has ended...

What sorts? Like not being able to find dates?

They probably have to sell all of their medals just so that they can pay for their medication...

Hmm...they don't look like freaks to me. A lot of the girls/women at college are very petite, and I doubt all of them are gymnysts... Just because you're five feet tall doesn't make you a frreak. A third arm growing out of your back, 22 toes, or red hair and having a tan makes you a freak.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta