Must admit camping supplies are a bane sometimes. What I want to know is why I cannot craft some if I have suffient resources to do so? So what would I need? Wood, Leather, maybe animal skins, some sort of pan, pot, kettle and a torch. So some of the stuff you pick up in the wild and the rest you need to get in towns. You can always make it cost more to make your own camping supplies than buy them thus weighting it in favour of the towns but it's a pain somes times that you are deep into a dungeon and then you have to back off because you know you won't be able to rest in the next 24 hours.

I just found myself at level 5 of Endless paths on very low heath with no way to get back up quickly, and I had to restart cause I didn't  know when you got down to very low health there is NO recovery.  Even on hard without permadeath clicked. 

" Didn't want to lose a main character.""

Gaming is interactive...watching TV ..not so much.

If you're having to run back to town to rest every 4-5 battles, you need to improve your tactics. I don't mean to sound rude, but that's the long and the short of it. Hard difficulty is intended to force you to play battles very tactically, and if you do so (and ration appropriate resources such as wizard spells), there's no reason you should have to go back to town that often.

Saying "I'm fine with the difficulty" and then complaining that you have to run back to town because you're out of camping supplies after 4-5 battles means that you're NOT fine with the difficulty.

Edited by Matt516

If you're having to run back to town to rest every 4-5 battles, you need to improve your tactics. I don't mean to sound rude, but that's the long and the short of it. Hard difficulty is intended to force you to play battles very tactically, and if you do so (and ration appropriate resources such as wizard spells), there's no reason you should have to go back to town that often.

Saying "I'm fine with the difficulty" and then complaining that you have to run back to town because you're out of camping supplies after 4-5 battles means that you're NOT fine with the difficulty.

did u miss the part i said im soloing hard? also i said im fine with the difficulty in battle, of cus im not fine with the difficulty on the camping limits. thats the whole purpose of this post, i dont know why you feel with need to pointing that out to me. and i know most people dont need this, im not asking them to change the game in the next update im only asking if there is a mod.

Edited by AnarchyJesus

Well to be fair, it's probably a decent request the OP made. You guys all must realize that so far there still hasn't been a single person that has beat the game in path of damned or whatever the highest and hardest of most hardcore difficulties is called.

I mean, when people actually start beating the game at the toughest difficulty, then yeah, maybe request for more resting would be over the top, but seeing how nobody in the universe has as of yet beaten the game at the hardest mode, give the OP request some slack!

But FWIW I personally love the limited supplies and often find myself nearly dead in HP just to stretch out my camping gear. Less resting is a fine change IMO

did u miss the part i said im soloing hard? also i said im fine with the difficulty in battle, of cus im not fine with the difficulty on the camping limits. thats the whole purpose of this post, i dont know why you feel with need to pointing that out to me.

Because the difficulty in battle is directly related to the difficulty on camping limits. If you play battles better by losing less health/spells/etc, you don't need to camp as much. They're, like, directly related, dude. You can't complain about having to camp too much but say you don't think battles are difficult. That's.. logically inconsistent. :p

But you're trying to solo the game, which is something I missed. That's cool! But it's also an extreme edge case. It's kind of silly to ask the game to be balanced around an extremely specific extremely challenging playstyle. There's a reason soloing the game is considered a serious achievement. More than 2 camping supplies would be too many for a full party on Hard. Should the devs be balancing Hard around people soloing the game or people playing with a party? Can't do both.

I disagree. I beat PoTD and I saved Wizard spells for hard battle/bosses.  

Now If I was allowed to use them every battle the game wouldn't have been any easier.  It would have just made the easy battle's quicker. Instead I end up controlling Grieving Milf most of the time rather than my Player_Character.  My poor PC, he just spams his arbelast auto-attack most of the time.

Edited by Parsong
  • Like 1

did u miss the part i said im soloing hard? also i said im fine with the difficulty in battle, of cus im not fine with the difficulty on the camping limits. thats the whole purpose of this post, i dont know why you feel with need to pointing that out to me.

Because the difficulty in battle is directly related to the difficulty on camping limits. If you play battles better by losing less health/spells/etc, you don't need to camp as much. They're, like, directly related, dude. You can't complain about having to camp too much but say you don't think battles are difficult. That's.. logically inconsistent. :p

But you're trying to solo the game, which is something I missed. That's cool! But it's also an extreme edge case. It's kind of silly to ask the game to be balanced around an extremely specific extremely challenging playstyle. There's a reason soloing the game is considered a serious achievement. More than 2 camping supplies would be too many for a full party on Hard. Should the devs be balancing Hard around people soloing the game or people playing with a party? Can't do both.

dude u missed a lot, did you read the post before calling me silly and logically inconsistent? me soloing for one also im not at all ask the game to be balanced around an extremely specific extremely challenging playstyle... i know most people dont need this, thats why im only asking if there is a mod. i want the difficultly of hard in battle and the camping limit of easy or more, thats how i think ill have fun with the game, there is nothing logically inconsistent about it. if you dont want the mod dont use it.

Edited by AnarchyJesus

I think the thing that the majority of commenters are missing is that PoE isn't HARD because of camping supply limits...it's BORING. This is a sentiment I can get behind.

Prestidigitator isn't asking for unlimited camping supplies because he NEEDS to rest more often, but because he is BORED of his wizard auto-attacking. Auto-attacking is doing fine, and he is able to beat the game on PotD WITHOUT the extra rests. He'd just like to have the extra rests so his Wizard can do something BESIDES auto-attack in most battles. This has NOTHING to do with difficulty and EVERYTHING to do with combat being SUPER boring with the limited spells a Wizard has. 

As for the OP of this thread, AnarchyJesus, he IS having problems with the difficulty...because he is SOLOING the game. As in he has no party members but his character. Of COURSE he's gana have to rest a LOT more than normal. And that means that he's gana have to go back to town a LOT more than normal, which means a LOT more of his game time is busy work, totally pointless, and a complete waste of time. No wonder he wants a mod that allows him to rest more often.

So yeah, seriously, to all the people out there telling those asking for a mod to "get better at the game" or "suck less," you're reading comprehension skills are really lacking.

Edited by DragonDai
  • Like 5

So any links to the mod anyone?

You have been told who to contact to get the mod. You have been told how to console it. Do you want someone to tie your shoe laces as well ? Or do you need someone to put your shoe on and tie the laces?  Or do you just need to be carried on a palanquin? Please realise you are being a bit unreasonable at this point.

Edit : tbh even though I personally enjoy the resting mechanic and limit to spells (I am playing a druid) I can see why you would like to spam your spells on easy battles (since they are already easy what difference does it make) 

I think I would prefer it if they just balanced all of the classes to have almost entirely per encounter abilities with very few per rest abilities in order to maximise fun and to make the game easier for new people to get into.

Edited by Hatred

I think the thing that the majority of commenters are missing is that PoE isn't HARD because of camping supply limits...it's BORING. This is a sentiment I can get behind.

Prestidigitator isn't asking for unlimited camping supplies because he NEEDS to rest more often, but because he is BORED of his wizard auto-attacking. Auto-attacking is doing fine, and he is able to beat the game on PotD WITHOUT the extra rests. He'd just like to have the extra rests so his Wizard can do something BESIDES auto-attack in most battles. This has NOTHING to do with difficulty and EVERYTHING to do with combat being SUPER boring with the limited spells a Wizard has. 

As for the OP of this thread, AnarchyJesus, he IS having problems with the difficulty...because he is SOLOING the game. As in he has no party members but his character. Of COURSE he's gana have to rest a LOT more than normal. And that means that he's gana have to go back to town a LOT more than normal, which means a LOT more of his game time is busy work, totally pointless, and a complete waste of time. No wonder he wants a mod that allows him to rest more often.

So yeah, seriously, to all the people out there telling those asking for a mod to "get better at the game" or "suck less," you're reading comprehension skills are really lacking.

haha + like

haha + like

So damn true!

You have been told who to contact to get the mod. You have been told how to console it. Do you want someone to tie your shoe laces as well ? Or do you need someone to put your shoe on and tie the laces?  Or do you just need to be carried on a palanquin? Please realise you are being a bit unreasonable at this point.

I'd honestly rather have a mod that turns them encounter based at level 2, and gradually more after that.

Also using console that often is annoying.  I'm not bothering sensuki he has a life, i just want a link.

Edited by Parsong

BG1/2/TOB player here. Definitely having to adjust to this camping supply system. I'm not thinking of any mods or anything, but just trying out the system (eg. not trying to run back to inns, and stuff). Playing on Hard btw.

With camping supplies, I find myself doing a bit of planning before venturing out, and decisions definitely have to be made as to whether to rest or take on the next fight at 50%. I find this whole aspect really fun and its also true to a role playing aspect. No one can still fight a 100% every battle, and we shouldn't expect it. I take it like a gauntlet, as each fights gets tougher and you decide if you can proceed further or that's the limit your party can take. Sometimes I even fight with one of my tanks maimed and standing behind shooting arrows just to push myself. Winning those battles are really satisfying.

There are going to be easy fights and tough fights and the fun is saving spells for the tougher fights while trying to make it through the easy fights relatively unscathed without using too many per rest abilities. Well, if you screw up during a battle, the result is having to run back to the inn to rest and refill supplies. I find that fun in itself in the RPG element. I don't find that boring.

If resting was easily available, almost every fight would be at 100%. You lose all the other elements that make and RPG fun. Might as well be like Final Fantasy fights. 

Let's try and keep this in one place. NoQuitt's offering:

I absolutely love the idea behind the PoE resting system. I am supposed to constantly be making tough choices on how I manage my spell/ability use and health. I find this mechanic to be very fun and interesting, and if it were implemented/balanced properly it could be challenging. 

As it stands though, there is no limit to camping. There are no interesting choices to be made in battle because I can simply use my more powerful spells/abilities without any consequences. 

For the most part I do my best to play along with this system and it's intended design. I base my decisions in battle as if I am limited by my 2 rests, but I can't shake the feeling that I will beat the dungeon no matter what. It is a forgone conclusion because if I'm really struggling due to mismanagement of my spells/health, it doesn't actually matter because all I have to do is make a trip to town and then come back reloaded. This is disappointing because I love the mechanic and find it really fun and interesting.

• Like 1

If it meant that much to me i'd be ecstatic if all I had to do was type the literal word of what I wanted to accomplish and it'd happen...

Laziness knows no boundaries. =/

I would think by know that said person would just create the mod himself since he wants it so badly. Wants somebody else to create mod for free rests but can't be bothered to hit a few key strokes for a free rest, ffs.

Edited by View619
  • Like 1

If resting was easily available, almost every fight would be at 100%. You lose all the other elements that make and RPG fun. Might as well be like Final Fantasy fights. 

I feel pretty much exactly the same way as you do except for this. Resting is easily available - it only requires patience. The only downside to mismanaging your spells and health is a little bit of boredom. 

With the current rest system, the power of your party is determined by the player's ability to deal with the tedium of traveling back to town to buy more supplies.

I don't understand how no one understood that before the game was released.

At the very least, the difficulty needs to increase the cost of camping supplies and there should be no option to rest for free at inns.  I wouldn't stop there, but doing anything more (interesting) with the system would require more development time.

Edited by Daemonjax

@Daemonjax As others have pointed out before: solo notwithstanding, if you're constantly trekking back for supplies, you should adjust your tactics (or turn down the difficulty). At least on Hard I barely ever need to buy supplies, and I haven't had to trek back for them once. Resource management is a big part of the fun in this type of game, and effectively eliminating it makes the game a great deal shallower. Being at full power whenever you want makes all battles play the same. Having to ration your resources makes them different.

I.e., I wouldn't really care if camping supplies cost 1000 copper on Hard, both because 1000 copper is pocket change pretty quickly and because I don't actually need to buy them.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

haha + like

So damn true!

I'd honestly rather have a mod that turns them encounter based at level 2, and gradually more after that.

Also using console that often is annoying.  I'm not bothering sensuki he has a life, i just want a link.

No you are bothering a forum full of people instead. You are being lazy. Sensuki wouldn't have made mods or videos about PoE or however many bajillion forum posts if all he wanted was to be left alone. If you watch his youtube channel you would know it goes even further than that.

haha + like

So damn true!

No you are bothering a forum full of people instead. You are being lazy. Sensuki wouldn't have made mods or videos about PoE or however many bajillion forum posts if all he wanted was to be left alone. If you watch his youtube channel you would know it goes even further than that.

news flash, dont have to click and comment if it bothers you so much.

Edited by AnarchyJesus
  • Like 1

I'm fine with the difficulty on hard. The low camp limit adds tedium, not difficulty, since you can always go to an inn from anywhere. Given that design decision, I don't see the logic in the low cap.

Ya thats what I'm saying.  It's just tedium + restricting builds on the 3 casters. 

I've tried editing the camping_supplies file with Unity editor but it doesn't seem to do anything.

"Casts spells constantly and rests every two hours" is not a build.

• Like 1

I'm having to do that simply because of the fatigue penalties.  It's annoying, really; I end up making my choices re spell and ability uses based on how long I can go before I know they'll kick in.

Yeah this is true. 

I enjoy using my wizard and priest spells in normal combat. However for normal mobs I don't use them, and tend to just wait to use them for the tough set piece or boss encounters.

This isn't fun. I've gone through several entire dungeons now (playing on Normal) without using any rests or spells or consumables because I'm waiting for the big boss battle to come, and it doesn't.

This is a shame, because it promotes my  most hated thing in RPGs which is saving everything to the end. It's an issue enough with potions, but now I'm doing it for abilities and spells and camping equipment. I get why the game system is there and what the point of it is, it's just not great because I absolutely hate hoarding things because I might "need them later" so I never end up using them!

• Like 3

@hollowcrown Then start using spells more.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I find myself running out of spells and health around the time fatigue starts kicking in, most of the time. It feels just about right.

However, I do notice that I start using spells more if my health is running low or if someone has minor fatigue, to keep on truckin' a bit longer.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I think the mandatory rest mechanics are one of the worst designs I have ever seen.  Do not get me wrong, I understand the logic, but it really breaks up the exploring rhythm when you have to stop and run all the way back to an inn or your keep just to rest.  Point out to the problems.

• Most of this is tied to Wizards spell use limitations.  My character is a Wizard, yet here I am boringly auto attacking with my Rod the vast majority of time because I got to save my spells for only boring encounters.  Wizards feel very boring honestly because of this.
  • Camp Supply Limitations - It makes ZERO sense why camp supplies are a one use item and can't be reused.  I could understand a wear-out mechanic overtime, but not just for one use.  Secondly you have an infinite stash that can store anything, but camping supplies which makes no sense.
  • Loading Screen Hell - It is already mind dumbingly painful waiting for screens to load on regular quests/explorations between maps, this just adds even loading...loading....loading...  uuuggghhh
  • That one party member gets it every time - Not sure what it is, but when I go into a room, the mobs will always gang up on one party member right at the beginning damage and KO them right at the beginning with enough damage that I have to rest.  Not sure why, but they love to focus on my second wizard in the party or my priest.  Regular mobs are ok, but mobs filled with spirits (especially when they teleport to locations) are another thing all together.
  • Beds, Beds everywhere, but not one to sleep.  - I do not know how many times I have run into an abandoned (or killed the inhabitants/owners) house/camp/etc and seen perfectly good beds sleeping bags just there, or just ask the owners if you did a quest for them if you can sleep there for the night(that would actually be kind of cool)?  

Like I said, I understand the reasons, but I really really hate the rest mechanic and wish there was something else in its place that did not break up the flow of the game or screw over wizards too much.

• Like 4