More note editing in general would be handy. I love the inclusion of a player note journal like that (I use it as a sort of in-character way of defining adventurer companions, so I don't forget the stories I've made up for them), but some features like editing and deletion would be lovely.

• Like 1

I complained about this a looooong time ago during the early beta, and this was supposed to be fixed. We'll see...

Right now the custom note section simply sucks, there's no way to put it in nicer terms. There's no "random access" editing, no copy/paste from clipboard, no multiple paragraphs without that time/date header, no export button... It's simply useless for all the things I'd like to use it for. :(

Oh yeah, I remembered some weird thing happend when I used it.  When I edited the title of the note on the note page, the curser in the title bar ended up showing, but not blinking, on all the other info pages, like Blind and other afflictions.  Also couldn't type more than a few letters before it'd popup an error that I couldn't use that keybind.  Restarting seemed to work.

But back on topic!  I mean, I can kinda see the reason why you can't delete, since it's suppsed to be in-character journal, but really, I'm just using it to remember that I need to come back to a location with some tool.  For now, I'm just using a notepad file on my desktop.

But back on topic!  I mean, I can kinda see the reason why you can't delete, since it's suppsed to be in-character journal, but really, I'm just using it to remember that I need to come back to a location with some tool.  For now, I'm just using a notepad file on my desktop.

...which is really stupid. I can write in-character journals if I want to, but this system prevents me from keeping a simple to-do list. Using an external editor is not a great solution, because that information is not attached to the save file. What if I want to load an earlier savegame because of a major bug? Do I also need to use some RCS software to retain the history of that text file?

You already can delete - double click on the note that you want to delete then select the Delete button on your keyboard.  A popup comes up asking if you really want to delete, Accept and note is deleted.

• Like 3

You already can delete - double click on the note that you want to delete then select the Delete button on your keyboard.  A popup comes up asking if you really want to delete, Accept and note is deleted.

Did I miss something in the instruction manual that tells you this, or is it just something that someone had to trial and error to find out?

• Like 1

How intuitive! :yes:

• Like 1

I complained about this a looooong time ago during the early beta, and this was supposed to be fixed. We'll see...

Right now the custom note section simply sucks, there's no way to put it in nicer terms. There's no "random access" editing, no copy/paste from clipboard, no multiple paragraphs without that time/date header, no export button... It's simply useless for all the things I'd like to use it for. :(

"Supposed" really? I might've missed that. I don't remember Obsidian ever addressing that in a comment or in an update whatsoever.

But yeah, I asked for it too, some better editting and better formating (allowing us to press enter to create a new line instead of a new entry, for instance). There's no similar way as the double-clicking and delete method? (E.g. shift+enter or Arrow key down to create a new line instead of a new entry?).