Unopenable Door in Raedric's Hold Dungeon

redbird

Question

There's a door just north of the holding cells in the dungeons that can't be opened. It doesn't show up when highlighting interactable objects either. I know from previous times through the hold that it leads to a room that has a stairway to the kitchens. Saving and loading did not resolve the issue. Wasn't having this problem before today's patches.

Now the door in the main hall that leads to Raedric's bedroom (with his dead wife) can't be selected or opened. I know there's a dialogue option about finding her corpse with Raedric, so this is definitely a bug.

edit: for some reason the door became openable a few seconds after i made this post. but i had spent awhile pixel hunting to try to open it before that with no success, so i'm still convinced there's a bug happening with the doors in the hold.

Edited by redbird

Hello. I have just come to open this issue so yes I can confirm that (linux version). Those doors are meant to be opened but simply they do not offer this action. I actually opened them after 30 minutes of madly clicking all around. After that second door have same issue and at least one other as well, I consider this very bad bug indeed.

This has been an issue since the patch. There are a few videos of it. I think they did a hotfix sometime earlier tonight for it and the inability to interact with locks, but I guess it wasn't a complete success. 

Edited by trashmyego

i wasn't aware that any official notes on what the hotfix addressed had been released. regardless, it's making it very difficult to progress in raedric's hold, though i suppose it's better than the crashes that others (i never had any problems with the hold before) were experiencing.

Moderator: sorry about the flood. Could you plase put all my messages in one post ?

So while the third doors are stuck - the previous ones I had issues with are ok. When I close them I can also open them again. So there is a possibility that those stuck door are meant to be stuck as I found a way around them.

has anyone encountered this outside of raedric's keep? i just finished him off and i'm willing to write off the small amount of loot trapped behind bugged doors if this is limited to this area, but i'll probably stop playing until another patch if this is a widespread problem.

Hey, nomad, don't worry about the multiple posts. It's just because of the moderated status you had as a new member. You should be able to post regularly now and edit your new posts briefly also. No harm no foul.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I just created an account to post that I seem to be having the same bug with a door after creating a new character post-Steam-hotfix in Raedric's hold:

http://abload.de/img/doorigzch.png

This is actually pretty bad since with a solo expert potd rogue, I don't think I can do the dungeon route yet and I wanted to sneak through this door.

*edit*   I apologize since I seem to be an idiot and this door isn't required.  I was thinking of a different path.  It's weird that you can't click on the door or even get a locked message, though.

Edited by AgentElrond

I am also experiencing this issue with a couple of the doors in the Hold. In the route upstairs from Osyra's room, there is a corridor that leads to Raedrick's wife. In the corridor before the bedroom, there are two doors that look like they open into small studies(?) but I am simply unable to select the doors to open them. I have used Scouting and have not uncovered any hidden switches. I also had this bug with one door in the dungeon section but thankfully there was a path that led to the same area so it was less of an issue.

Here is a save game with the issue (this is from after killing Raedrick):

Saved Game (hosted on MEGA)

Creepy and Surreal - Death Godlike PoE Portrait Pack - Last Updated 12 April 2015

Assuming I'm thinking of the same spot/potential doors, there is a hidden switch from one room to another that opens one camouflaged door but it has to be "scouted" from a particular wall side. Doesn't work if you're not standing on the "right" side of that wall. If that's not it, not sure.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here are some screenshots of the doors in question, all of which are unselectable. All of these were taken in Scouting mode with Tab held.

1. http://i.imgur.com/Bv4JZCg.jpg - Door in centre of screenshot
  2. http://i.imgur.com/DRwSms6.jpg - Door in top left of screenshot (assuming door on bottom right is opened with a switch)
  3. http://i.imgur.com/yG0EKMi.jpg - Door in centre of screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/vnrqUrS.jpg shows the same door from the other side.

Creepy and Surreal - Death Godlike PoE Portrait Pack - Last Updated 12 April 2015

Not sure which, but either 1 or 2 (or both? not sure if same spot in both pics?) is like what I was saying - the secret switch is on the other side of the wall from where your party is standing (can't access/see it if not in that room). I believe it's intended as another optional way to get to the bedroom without having to fight as many guards. It opens into a room that is easily accessible if you're just doing a bum-rush through the area and not taking all the "secret" routes (might need a highish Mechanics to lockpick the door into that room, I can't remember).

Just my memory of when I've been through there a few times, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here are some screenshots of the doors in question, all of which are unselectable. All of these were taken in Scouting mode with Tab held.

1. http://i.imgur.com/Bv4JZCg.jpg - Door in centre of screenshot
  2. http://i.imgur.com/DRwSms6.jpg - Door in top left of screenshot (assuming door on bottom right is opened with a switch)
  3. http://i.imgur.com/yG0EKMi.jpg - Door in centre of screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/vnrqUrS.jpg shows the same door from the other side.

I'm not certain but it looks like #3 may be the opposite side of the door I posted a screenshot of.  If it can't be opened from either side then there's definitely something broken.

Judging from the extra information, it looks like a legitimate issue (at least, in some systems).

I'll take a look at this as soon as I can. I'd much appreciate any extra info/files that you can provide.

Thank you!

Jorge

• Like 3

Looks like there's some issue with where the objects are... one of the doors (the one next to the dungeon entrance in the keep) if I stand in just the right corner I can send a second party member to open the door, but I can't get the one in the dungeon to open

Supreme, I'm looking into a possible issue with some doors not being selectable after the 1.03 patch.

It would be extremely helpful to retrieve more data so that we can address the problem right away. If you could post it, I'd appreciate a link to your save game file and its output log.

(additional note: I suspect that this problem may be related to Fog of War and its interaction with some systems/save games. A workaround I found in a related save file consists in using the console to remove FoW for the problematic scene (command is "NoFog"). This only persists until an area is reloaded - i.e. the fog returns when loading into any area- but it allows interaction with the problematic door).

Thank you for the additional information and patience regarding this issue, everyone.

Jorge

• Like 1

if you disable fog of war doors work normally. So line of site problem... looks like

Edit: Doors Can always be closed but if you close it you can't always open it (unless you disable FoW)

Edited by agorwal