[Barbarian] Nature Godlike's ability + Blooded

Nature Godlike's ability + Blooded + Frenzy + Improved Frenzy = a lot of damage?

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

But aren't Barbarians weak as tanks i.e. shouldn't be targeted anyway?

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

So are you saying I should use Eder to bind most of the mob, but engage 1-2 with my barb from the side or something like that? Not let him tank like Eder but still let him take *some* damage?

~ Kaine

Barbarians are pretty good at getting behind enemy lines to the casters and archer/gunners.  Wild Sprint, although, many don't like it... makes them really good at it.  So they can be really instrumental to cleaning up the sidelines, and taking damage is going to happen when they do.  Getting below 50% with blooded and a Nature Godlike's racial ability will make tearing down the people on the edges of the field quicker.  They also can get some enemies on them when they are pounding the main bulk of enemies for the carnage damage because of pathing and phantom teleport shenanigans.  So, their taking damage isn't uncommon in my experience at least.  

• Like 1

I thought the same with Druid, I mean 25% heal faster can be cool, normally you really need the heals faster rather than long duration. But I didnt know if this race is bugged or not so I didnt want to take the risk

Youre getting that from the manual which is wrong. They changed Nature godlike racial ability to give attributes

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

Barbarians are pretty good at getting behind enemy lines to the casters and archer/gunners.  Wild Sprint, although, many don't like it... makes them really good at it.  So they can be really instrumental to cleaning up the sidelines, and taking damage is going to happen when they do.  Getting below 50% with blooded and a Nature Godlike's racial ability will make tearing down the people on the edges of the field quicker.  They also can get some enemies on them when they are pounding the main bulk of enemies for the carnage damage because of pathing and phantom teleport shenanigans.  So, their taking damage isn't uncommon in my experience at least.  

Ok, I see what you mean. Youre saying some amount of damage is inevitable but I should avoid the main bulk of the mob (leave that to Eder) and instead hack them along the sidelines triggering Blooded and Nature godlike ability in the process?

~ Kaine

Ok, I see what you mean. Youre saying some amount of damage is inevitable but I should avoid the main bulk of the mob (leave that to Eder) and instead hack them along the sidelines triggering Blooded and Nature godlike ability in the process?

It's one way to play. Either way, Barbarians are too squishy to run in with Eder and your other tank (if you have one). If enemies settle on the tank(s) then move in, but if there are loose enemies around that need their face pounded in in a 1v1 then go for it. Carnage is too choice to not make use of it when you can, but sometimes it can be a bit too dangerous and things can go sideways and your barbarian is taking a nap for the fight (or a dirt nap depending on difficulty). That is how I used my hireling Barbarian.

I am sure there are other tactics, but I was using a heavy interrupt party for my first play through. I didn't want to melt everything on my first play through. I wanted a slow and steady party. So my barbarian build wasn't "optimal" for raw damage. He kept people occupied that is for sure, and when blooded procced he would start mopping up. I had him specced (rough guess) with 14 might, 16 dexterity, 13 intellect, 16 perception, 8 con, and 8 resolve. I may be off a few points. Definitely not optimal, but he hit fast and interrupted a whole lot. He was really squishy though. Wild Sprint is a 3 per rest ability, and sometimes I had to blow one to get away from a 2-3 vs 1 scenario as it allows barbarians to ignore engagement attacks as well as fly across the battlefield.

to the people saying barbarians are too squishy i ask you what game are you playing lol XD, dump some plate on them and they are good to go, yea they have less staying power than fighters but in my experience by the time they are getting close to low health the fight is waaay over already (PoTD) having said that that is assuming you run with a dealer present be that a druid or a priest or even a paladin (paladins are basically big meat shields anyway not gonna do any damage might as well do some healing