Controversial Limerick Discussion 2

I'm going to link to this thread if anyone from the outside questions what was really driving this whole saga.

Make sure to also link all the posts that say the LGBT has every right to be offended. Don't be so selective on your links ;)

• Like 1

I hate Unity.

think you guys are are aiming at the wrong target, Erika is totally irrelevant to the case the only culprit for all this drama is josh sawyer, if he had not answered that fateful twitter discussion this would be restricted to tumblrs and chans.

Yes, Sawyer is reponsible for wasting the team's time (and by extension money) giving this non issue attention over actualy issues which still remain.

Edited by deuxhero
  • Like 7
Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

God damn guys, that person is a GUY. He can change his name and dressing code, but he can never get PERIOD. Period. Maybe he wants to be called Rosemary, doesn't matter to me, he'd still be a guy that fancies to be called girly names.

So there are two sides to this argument I think most can at least agree on that. On one side you have crazy fanatics like the person on twitter who started all of then. Then on the other side there are people like you and the crazy person from twitter come off very similar. But both are of you are nice little bundles of hatred and should go far far away.

Youre really getting mad because Im not referring to him as "Her" ?  That's hatred now? lololol. Its not my fault he was born a MAN FFS you LGTB advocates lost your mindss

Edited by Luj1
  • Like 3

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

If you are attacking another person, whether they are on the forum or not, through any words like bigot, ****, crazy, or tranny you should probably step back for a second and consider what you are doing.

For one, you guys are about to get this topic locked.  Secondly you weaken your position when you can't discuss ideas without attacking people who disagree with you.  You can disagree with someone without attacking them.  Try and focus on concepts and ideas and not individuals.  This conversation was going along pretty well for a while, dozens of pages discussing ideas and concepts without the quantity of vitriolic attacks that have been in the last half dozen pages.

Calling someone an intolerant bigot is also a personal attack by the way.  For all the people who seem to not understand that is just as much a personal attack as tranny or **** is.

Edited by darkpatriot

It's irrelevant what she decides her gender to be.  It's her right and that's the end of it.  The issue is she decided to take offense at something that wasn't even about her, nor trans-people.

Hi I'm also Trans and Erika was right.

Shhhhh! You're supposed to be their shield!

God damn guys, that person is a GUY. He can change his name and dressing code, but he can never get PERIOD. Period. Maybe he wants to be called Rosemary, doesn't matter to me, he'd still be a guy that fancies to be called girly names.

Nope. Trans-woman are woman. Trans-men are men.

Better luck next time.

It's irrelevant what she decides her gender to be.  It's her right and that's the end of it.  The issue is she decided to take offense at something that wasn't even about her, nor trans-people.

You're the only one in this thread who agrees with Serdan, Ichthyic, and me on that first point.

I'm pretty sure me and a couple other people did too, or you could just not acknowledge our existence since we disagree with the idea that the limerick should have been suppressed, so as to make all people who do hold such a perspective to be transphobic.

• Like 1

Bottom line, this whole want for change was started by an idiot who can't get her **** straight in her own life, due to circumstances both within and beyond her control.  While you can have a difficult life dealing with gender identity issues and the bull**** that comes along with it, it does not give you "carte blanche" to **** on everyone else.  Beyond that, there's the lemming mentality that people will follow a friggin nutcase in her quest for so called "justice" when the entire thing is taken way out of context.  The joke wasn't targeted at trans-people, nor anyone in the LGBTQIA+ spectrum.  And her intense stupidity took center stage on that and gave proof, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that she's just trying to grasp at anything to push her hateful agenda forward.

And now it's dragged out all of the actual bigots. Bravo.

There's no track to get back on. Noone is debating censorship anymore, just whether they can call someone a fake girl **** or not.

Well, i think this might even be somewhat productive. Only some people discuss, but many people read -> If only some of them can draw some new information regarding bio gender / social gender ect., i'd consider it a win.

She cannot get a period or carry out a baby so far, but she could (if she wanted to) change her body including female hormones, primary & secondary sexual organs, change her facial structure to be more feminine etc. Or she can change other aspects, like how she identifies/calls herself etc. Don't really see why such freedoms should be denied to her, i consider freedom of (self-)expression and freedom of speech one of the great achievements in recent history.

No one said it should be denied. He can make himself look like an Orc for all I care. There's that guy in the states who made his face look like a freaking tiger.

But getting mad at other people who are not playing his fantasy game is delusional. Period.

• Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

If you are attacking another person, whether they are on the forum or not, through any words like bigot, ****, crazy, or tranny you should probably step back for a second and consider what you are doing.

For one, you guys are about to get this topic locked.  Secondly you weaken your position when you can't discuss ideas without attacking people who disagree with you.  You can disagree with someone without attacking them.  Try and focus on concepts and ideas and not individuals.  This conversation was going along pretty well for a while, dozens of pages, with a much more limited amount of vitriolic personal attacks.

Calling someone an intolerant bigot is also an attack by the way for all the people who seem to not understand that is just as much a personal attack as tranny or **** is.

Tranny and f@ggot have been thrown around. If you don't like me saying this is bigotry, too bad, because it is.

Why has this discussion deteriorated into this gender nonsense. It doesn't matter a ass hole is a ass hole what ever their junk is, this debate of it is stupid this was about censorship originally and now it is just absolute trash now. I was pissed initially that obsidian would bend over for any one. Now i am getting pissed at people just being pricks. I agree with darkpatrior this is just turned into people doing personal attacks on each other.

• Like 3

For one, you guys are about to get this topic locked.  Secondly you weaken your position when you can't discuss ideas without attacking people who disagree with you.  You can disagree with someone without attacking them.  Try and focus on concepts and ideas and not individuals.  This conversation was going along pretty well for a while, dozens of pages discussing ideas and concepts without the quantity of vitriolic attacks that have been in the last half dozen pages.

Calling someone an intolerant bigot is also a personal attack by the way for all the people who seem to not understand that is just as much a personal attack as tranny or **** is.

This thread should have been locked long ago, it was obvious where this was going. It's ****ing 6 am and I'm still arguing with strangers on the internet lol.

For one, you guys are about to get this topic locked.  Secondly you weaken your position when you can't discuss ideas without attacking people who disagree with you.  You can disagree with someone without attacking them.  Try and focus on concepts and ideas and not individuals.  This conversation was going along pretty well for a while, dozens of pages, with a much more limited amount of vitriolic personal attacks.

Calling someone an intolerant bigot is also an attack by the way for all the people who seem to not understand that is just as much a personal attack as tranny or **** is.

Tranny and f@ggot have been thrown around. If you don't like me saying this is bigotry, too bad, because it is.

You just seem to dismiss every piece of criticism thrown at you by either changing the subject entirely or using the "bigot" card. I don't think I've actually seen you use a counter-argument in the dozens of posts I've seen from you.

Edited by mindswayer
  • Like 3

I hate Unity.

So, Erika is:

1. Actually a gay man, because you said so

2. Actually named Eric, even though she herself said that was not her deadname, because you said so

3. Mentally ill because a) she taunted gamergaters slurring her with the KIllAllMen thing, and because b)she's really a man and of course that makes her crazy

Nope, this is pure bigotry. Close the damn thread.

He's mentally ill because Gender Dysphoria is in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Not anymore. Well, not as you probably think about it.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

From your own reference...

DSM-5 aims to avoid stigma and ensure clinical care for individuals who see and feel themselves to be a different gender than their assigned gender. It replaces the diagnostic name “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria,” as well as makes other important clarifications in the criteria. It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition.

My point was basically what's in bold, unless I misunderstood your intention in posting it. Identity is how a person feels, regardless of what is between their legs and that, in and of itself, is not a mental disorder.

Personally, I feel that people can be who they are around me and I'm not judgmental about that.

Gender noncomformity and gender dysphoria are not the same thing. And I never said I was judgmental about what they choose to be around me. They can be whatever the hell they want, as long as they act like normal people.

First, define "normal", I dare you.

Some would say that "geeking out" over RPGs is not normal and should not be allowed.

• Like 2

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Feargus is/was drinking with one of the bioware doctors. Not on the clock and still a better use of company resouces than "fixing" this was.

Edited by deuxhero
  • Like 1
Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

I was going to prune some rather offensive posts out but I seem to be having some forum software issues at the moment. I think, however, this particular thread has run its course for the evening, and it may be time for a time-out on the topic altogether for at least a wee while. Get some sleep, play a game (whether it's PoE or something else) for a while. Maybe we can revisit it later.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts