Controversial Limerick Discussion 2

Now, the person who originally tweeted that complaint consistently comes across as a sociopathic monster in her tweets. So maybe Obsidian should not have treated a tweet from a person like that seriously. On the other hand, Obsidian couldn't necessarily know that this person was like that. 

Link?

fixed: http://i.imgur.com/2k5C7dV.jpg

it might seem to be silly jokes, but it's all like that, and not jokingly

Even if I bought into the way it's been framed it is obviously hyperbole to call her a sociopathic monster (and dehumanising).

Him. Eric. Don't you get it? They get to decide what her name and gender is. Her identity is their property.

aroulet continues to ignore This Aroulet person is really after the fight aspect of this right now spamming quite a few threads. I wonder what obsidian thoughts are on this they have been quite silent since their post earlier though.

Two: How? I said someone is mentall il because they have a mental illness defined by the main guide on mental illness published by the leading Psychiatric group.

Many psychiatric syndromes are just differences from the norm, and are more or less a "defined" illnesses despite being just a deviation from the statistical average.

There is an ongoing change to weed those out and only call an sth. an illness if it causes actual suffering. Homosexuality was only declassified a disorder and changed to a sexual variaton in 1973 by the same group.

• Like 2

Are yous aying "Erika" isn't actually trans and is just faking it and I'm an idiot for thinking otherwise?

wow, that's what you got out of my response?

there is no point talkign to you.  you are entirely delusional*.

*I know, because I read it in the freshman pych text I studied at uni 30 years ago.

• Like 1

Now, the person who originally tweeted that complaint consistently comes across as a sociopathic monster in her tweets. So maybe Obsidian should not have treated a tweet from a person like that seriously. On the other hand, Obsidian couldn't necessarily know that this person was like that. 

Link?

Even if I bought into the way it's been framed it is obviously hyperbole to call her a sociopathic monster (and dehumanising).

Him. Eric. Don't you get it? They get to decide what her name and gender is. Her identity is their property.

Whether someone gets to decide what their name and gender is will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. 

Still, anyone else gets to have a view on this, like they get to have a view on everything else.

If someone claims to be serving food that is Spanish, you can opine "That food is not Spanish", and even say "The food is not Spanish". It would often be considered rude and inappropriate though. But if they act like an a*****e then there's not great reason to be polite to them, and people might end up looking for insults that would hurt them. 

Link?

Go see his twitter then if you believe he's completely normal and that's all framed.

SHE

What the everloving fµck is wrong with you? Do you get off on being a hateful bigot or are you just so lacking in empathy that you cannot fathom how damaging it is to trans* people to be repeatedly labelled with the wrong gender? Are you completely and utterly incapable of giving a sh!t about others?

No, I am not incapable of giving a **** about others, nor do I get off by hurting others. That is why I believe they should receive treatment.

I hate Unity.

shes an ardent defender of homosexuals and homosexuality

Cant EDIT: Charity. Plus, I'm not even sure if one of the terms was an actual word.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Link?

Go see his twitter then if you believe he's completely normal and that's all framed.

SHE

What the everloving fµck is wrong with you? Do you get off on being a hateful bigot or are you just so lacking in empathy that you cannot fathom how damaging it is to trans* people to be repeatedly labelled with the wrong gender? Are you completely and utterly incapable of giving a sh!t about others?

If the answer to any of those questions was "no", the outrage wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Arouet

So, Erika is:

1. Actually a gay man, because you said so

2. Actually named Eric, even though she herself said that was not her deadname, because you said so

3. Mentally ill because a) she taunted gamergaters slurring her with the KIllAllMen thing, and because b)she's really a man and of course that makes her crazy

Nope, this is pure bigotry. Close the damn thread.

He's mentally ill because Gender Dysphoria is in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

you strike me as the kind of person who would quote mine Leviticus.

you have NO idea what you're talking about.  none.  it's like if you said that a runny nose is a sign of infection by Ebola.

For one Levititcus is entirely null thanks to the word of Christ and replaced by the laws he lays out.

Two: How? I said someone is mentally il because they have a mental illness defined by the main guide on mental illness published by the leading Psychiatric group.

Just to add-in - Leviticus is quite contextual with the revelation of the law - and its purpose. Old testament law was really big on maintaining some semblance of real order during a time of murder, great superstition, licentiousness leading to child sacrifice, general crude acts of indecency etc in the area. There's also an interesting correlation as to the cause/effects of acts (sins) recognized in old testament that other world religions never really defined with great satisfaction. The law was extreme, but it was extreme times. I digress though.

Mental illness is an affliction of the mind, and just as dangerous as a physical virus. Its recognition and definition can create hysteria in a populace, and given license, its exponentially more cruel.

Back on topic - It's a company's decision to recognize types of mental disorder. Homosexuality was considered one at a time. If a company were to maintain that in their mission statement, it may or may not be beneficial, as it depends on their clientele. In a christian or muslim society, a company like that might actually do better than not defining it.

my .02

Edited by Kveldulf

So, Erika is:

2. Actually named Eric, even though she herself said that was not her deadname, because you said so

3. Mentally ill because a) she taunted gamergaters slurring her with the KIllAllMen thing, and because b)she's really a man and of course that makes her crazy

He's mentally ill because Gender Dysphoria is in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Not anymore. Well, not as you probably think about it.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

From your own reference...

DSM-5 aims to avoid stigma and ensure clinical care for individuals who see and feel themselves to be a different gender than their assigned gender. It replaces the diagnostic name “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria,” as well as makes other important clarifications in the criteria. It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition.

My point was basically what's in bold, unless I misunderstood your intention in posting it. Identity is how a person feels, regardless of what is between their legs and that, in and of itself, is not a mental disorder.

Personally, I feel that people can be who they are around me and I'm not judgmental about that.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

God damn guys, that person is a GUY. He can change his name and dressing code, but he can never get PERIOD. Period. Maybe he wants to be called Rosemary, doesn't matter to me, he'd still be a guy that fancies to be called girly names.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Link?

I'm pretty sure nature gets to decide gender.

The science and medical and sociology fields disagree with you.

Oh that's nice.  We've reached the point of the discussion where Obsidian's new target demographic is screaming bigot at everyone who disagrees.

By morning we should get to the #killallwhodisagree stage.   Don't worry, it'll totally be a joke.   Which you should completely ignore... unless they don't like it.

• Like 3

Link?

aroulet continues to ignore This Aroulet person is really after the fight aspect of this right now spamming quite a few threads. I wonder what obsidian thoughts are on this they have been quite silent since their post earlier though.

shes an ardent defender of gays and faggotry

You're either the famous Men's Rights activist Sargon of Akkad or a follower of his, judging by your words and your avatar.

But no, this is really about a bunch of outraged gamers watching their favorite company being censored. Totes not a bunch of bigots swarming the forums.

Edited by Arouet
  • Like 1

So, Erika is:

Not anymore. Well, not as you probably think about it.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

From your own reference...

DSM-5 aims to avoid stigma and ensure clinical care for individuals who see and feel themselves to be a different gender than their assigned gender. It replaces the diagnostic name “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria,” as well as makes other important clarifications in the criteria. It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition.

My point was basically what's in bold, unless I misunderstood your intention in posting it. Identity is how a person feels, regardless of what is between their legs and that, in and of itself, is not a mental disorder.

Personally, I feel that people can be who they are around me and I'm not judgmental about that.

Gender noncomformity and gender dysphoria are not the same thing. And I never said I was judgmental about what they choose to be around me. They can be whatever the hell they want, as long as they act like normal people.

Edited by mindswayer

I hate Unity.

Link?

You're confusing gender with sex. Sex are male and female, as is typical yet not absolutes in biology. Gender is a social construct.

"Women's work."

"Man's food."

Nature does not make such distinctions.

Edited by Luridis
  • Like 2

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

God damn guys, that person is a GUY. He can change his name and dressing code, but he can never get PERIOD. Period. Maybe he wants to be called Rosemary, doesn't matter to me, he'd still be a guy that fancies to be called girly names.

So there are two sides to this argument I think most can at least agree on that. On one side you have crazy fanatics like the person on twitter who started all of then. Then on the other side there are people like you and the crazy person from twitter come off very similar. But both are of you are nice little bundles of hatred and should go far far away.

• Like 1

think you guys are are aiming at the wrong target, Erika is totally irrelevant to the case the only culprit for all this drama is josh sawyer, if he had not answered that fateful twitter discussion this would be restricted to tumblrs and chans.

• Like 2

Link?

You're confusing gender with sex. Sex are male and female. Gender is a social construct.

"Women's work."

"Man's food."

Nature does not make such distinctions.

I'm really not. I do not believe that gender is a social construct.

I hate Unity.

She cannot get a period or carry out a baby so far, but she could (if she wanted to) change her body including female hormones, primary & secondary sexual organs, change her facial structure to be more feminine etc. Or she can change other aspects, like how she identifies/calls herself etc. Don't really see why such freedoms should be denied to her, i consider freedom of (self-)expression and freedom of speech one of the great achievements in recent history.