Controversial Limerick Discussion 2

I'm not going to be nice to a man who preeches Kill All Men.

Could have saved us a lot of trouble just saying that you were a transphobe instead of dressing it up in that whole freedom of speech cloak.

I don't like the whole trans thing, it's disturbing.  You can call me and label me in anyway you want and I wear it as a badge of honor.  You're trying to force gay issues on people who don't want anything to do with it.  I  always laugh at offensive jokes that are directed to any group, does that bother you? Does it bother you that I have a dark sense of humor?

But despite how I feel, if I saw a LGBT person getting physically attacked as part of a hate crime, I would fight by the LGBT persons side and defend them from hate.

Just for the record, I HATE being politically correct, because acting in such a manner is a lie, it hides how people truly feel in regards to something.

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 1

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

So, Erika is:

1. Actually a gay man, because you said so

2. Actually named Eric, even though she herself said that was not her deadname, because you said so

3. Mentally ill because a) she taunted gamergaters slurring her with the KIllAllMen thing, and because b)she's really a man and of course that makes her crazy

Nope, this is pure bigotry. Close the damn thread.

It's all very sad isn't it. A less than polite joke about identity and a less than polite response about murder and now there are two polarized groups that will not stop arguing no matter what. Locking the thread would be fruitless because hackles are up on both sides now and more would be created. This will just have to burn itself out.

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

So, Erika is:

2. Actually named Eric, even though she herself said that was not her deadname, because you said so

3. Mentally ill because a) she taunted gamergaters slurring her with the KIllAllMen thing, and because b)she's really a man and of course that makes her crazy

He's mentally ill because Gender Dysphoria is in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Milo? Is that you?

Arouet you sure to like attacking everyone else how about answering some criticism being tossed your way?I see you posting all over the place. This whole thing though is quite disapointing I want more talk being done about this patch then this things that should be brought up are completly ignored. I was all fired up earlier to whine and cry about things the patch changed and now none of that can be done because of this whole poem thing.

Edited by Phyon

So, Erika is:

He's mentally ill because Gender Dysphoria is in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Not anymore. Well, not as you probably think about it.

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

What the hell is a "deadname" . Some new DJ??

I just noticed your avatar is a relief of Sargon II of Akkad. Hmmmmm....couldn't possibly be any connection to a very famous MRA of the same handle, could it?

Edited by Arouet

It doesn't matter that she looks like a man. She could look like a flamingo, for all I care. Judging from her twitter feed, her life is a mess and I pity her for that. If this change is a small personal victory to her, I'm ok with that.

So, Erika is:

you strike me as the kind of person who would quote mine Leviticus.

you have NO idea what you're talking about.  none.  it's like if you said that a runny nose is a sign of infection by Ebola.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 2

What's really amusing is the sense of justice invoked by SJW - as to where they get their 'law' from; its pretty baseless.

The truth of the matter at hand is that every company has a mission statement, and in that, they can't be all inclusive or entirely 'secular'. This company was attempting to make an immersive game, in a fictitious world, but ended up with politics bleeding through. No surprise but.....

Since they did this to firedorn, just imagine the other official content sifted/vetted through that the majority of us probably would have liked better?

Edited by Kveldulf

So, Erika is:

Not anymore. Well, not as you probably think about it.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

I hate Unity.

I'm not going to be nice to a man who preeches Kill All Men.

Could have saved us a lot of trouble just saying that you were a transphobe instead of dressing it up in that whole freedom of speech cloak.

Please avoid calling people "transphobe" for reacting negatively to "kill all men".

Especially because I've seen the Kill All men dude's picture. If you just showed that to someone there's no way they'd think he was female.

Not even in a "can't pass" way, there's no sign he's even trying to look female.

Are you going to keep pretending or are you going to admit that this is what it is?

That's not hatred of all transsexuals. It's hatred of a single transsexual, which is very warranted.

Hating a gay person does not make you homophobic, unless you hate all gay people.

Not entirely correct, but you're coming from the right place. Hating a gay person BECAUSE he is gay is homophobic. Hating a gay person or a group of gay people because they are jerks or some other valid reason is not. Likewise, hating some douche for being a hateful brat who JUST HAPPENS TO BE trans is not transphobic.

Knife-fight-plunger-lick.gif?

Now, the person who originally tweeted that complaint consistently comes across as a sociopathic monster in her tweets. So maybe Obsidian should not have treated a tweet from a person like that seriously. On the other hand, Obsidian couldn't necessarily know that this person was like that. 

Link?

fixed: http://i.imgur.com/2k5C7dV.jpg

it might seem to be silly jokes, but it's all like that, and not jokingly

Even if I bought into the way it's been framed it is obviously hyperbole to call her a sociopathic monster (and dehumanising).

Well this whole thread turned terrible rather quickly. 

I am glad that Limerick was changed. It is offensive, and really had no purpose being in the game. I am confused as to why there is any controversy over this.

Also, I've seen the word tranny dropped a few times here. Lets be perfectly clear, that word is a slur used to describe trans-women. Using it implies bigotry.

What the hell is a "deadname" . Some new DJ??

Another word for birthname, but it includes the fact that the name was changed (it would be inappropriate / could be considered an affront to use it despite the change)
  • Like 1

So, Erika is:

you strike me as the kind of person who would quote mine Leviticus.

you have NO idea what you're talking about.  none.  it's like if you said that a runny nose is a sign of infection by Ebola.

For one Levititcus is entirely null thanks to the word of Christ and replaced by the laws he lays out.

Two: How? I said someone is mentally il because they have a mental illness defined by the main guide on mental illness published by the leading Psychiatric group.

Edited by deuxhero
Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

Now, the person who originally tweeted that complaint consistently comes across as a sociopathic monster in her tweets. So maybe Obsidian should not have treated a tweet from a person like that seriously. On the other hand, Obsidian couldn't necessarily know that this person was like that. 

Link?

Even if I bought into the way it's been framed it is obviously hyperbole to call her a sociopathic monster (and dehumanising).

Go see his twitter then if you believe he's completely normal and that's all framed.

I hate Unity.

My favorite part of these threads is how people defending the changes can somehow tell that something is a joke whenever the situation or person being quoted suits them, otherwise everything is taken at its absolute worst possible interpretation.

For one Levititcus is entirely null thanks to the word of Christ and replaced by the laws he lays out.

yup.  you're a bible miner.  figured.

I said someone is mentall il because they have a mental illness defined by the main guide on mental illness published by the leading Psychiatric group.

because you are not trained in any kind of diagnostics wrt to mental health care.

sorry, just like reading WebMD doesn't make you a doctor, reading that book doesn't make you a doctor, either.

your ignorance speaks literal volumes.  you should quit while you're already 20 feet deep in a well of your own design.

... or should I get all armchairy MD on you and claim you have a displacement disorder, and you're trying to rationalize it?

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

Link?

I disagree that it's hyperbole. I think it's perfectly descriptive and very warranted. Still, anyone can form their own opinion on it by looking at the posts.

Link?

Him. Eric. Don't you get it? They get to decide what her name and gender is. Her identity is their property.

• Like 3

Link?

Go see his twitter then if you believe he's completely normal and that's all framed.

Your constant misgendering of her shows a lack of basic human respect. It also weakens your argument (which was what again?)

• Like 1

yup.  you're a bible miner.  figured.

I said someone is mentall il because they have a mental illness defined by the main guide on mental illness published by the leading Psychiatric group.

because you are not trained in any kind of diagnostics wrt to mental health care.

sorry, just like reading WebMD doesn't make you a doctor, reading that book doesn't make you a doctor, either.

your ignorance speaks literal volumes.  you should quit while you're already 20 feet deep in a well of your own design.

So saying that Christ makes EVERYTHING in levititcus null for modern christians is Bible mining? That's the point of the famed "kill and eat" scene among others.

Are yous aying "Erika" isn't actually trans and is just faking it and I'm an idiot for thinking otherwise?

Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

Link?

Him. Eric. Don't you get it? They get to decide what her name and gender is. Her identity is their property.

I'm pretty sure nature gets to decide gender.

I hate Unity.

Link?

SHE

What the is wrong with you? Do you enjoy being wrong-minded or are you just so lacking in empathy that you cannot fathom how damaging it is to trans* people to be repeatedly labelled with the wrong gender? Are you completely and utterly incapable of giving a sh!t about others?

Cant EDIT: Do not bypass the language filter, please.

• Like 3

It's irrelevant what she decides her gender to be.  It's her right and that's the end of it.  The issue is she decided to take offense at something that wasn't even about her, nor trans-people.

You're the only one in this thread who agrees with Serdan, Ichthyic, and me on that first point.

• Like 1