Reckless Assault still bugged, still can't play...sigh.

Also, companion attributes are still not retroactively changed. Lame.

Is this on an old save?

I started a new game entirely (to be honest I avoided playing all week to save myself the trouble) and I've found it and all other modal abilities to be functioning perfectly as intended.

To further clarify, I was experiencing this bug on my previous game in version 1.02.

Yes, their attempt to fix Reckless Assault failed to do so for everyone who was experiencing the problem in an already existing save.

Does the Changes only apply to the attributes or the talents, skills etc. as well?

I haven't been playing a rogue, so I don't know about Reckless Assault, but I can mention, with regard to the stat problem with the companions, it wasn't hard to fix.

You have to use the IE mod and the console commands to do so, but it was doable.  I didn't want to wait for them to make the companion stats retroactive, if they ever plan on it.  It doesn't break achievements, either.  It was either that or start all over.  And as sure as I do, Murphy's law says, they will then bring out a patch that makes it retroactive.

If you have a save from Cilant Lis then you can load that, but once you pass that point, even going back to a previous save from before you recruited the companions won't give you their updated stats.

There are companions I have not met yet, however, so I am wondering when I meet them if they, too, will need adjusting or if they will have the old stats.

But the games still largely functioned for most people. If a bug will break a huge part of the game for nearly every player that's different to a few abilities not working as intended.

The real joke is on the folks crying about bugs - because most of the games this game was based on still have bugs - either in the form of things which were stated as x in the manual, but work totally differently, or were simple oversights lol.  

The Attributes part was a re-balancing, not to fix anything broken.

It won't retroactively change without starting a new game because the game can't modify "Base stats" as they're a static number that is stored your the save file.

Hence why bonus effects glitch on companions was retroactive, because the way they're calculated is done via the game's rules it's self and not the save file.

Edited by Xiraiya

The Attributes part was a re-balancing, not to fix anything broken.

It won't retroactively change without starting a new game because the game can't modify "Base stats" as they're a static number that is stored your the save file.

Hence why bonus effects glitch on companions was retroactive, because the way they're calculated is done via the game's rules it's self and not the save file.

Then they need to write a script or something that will alter the save file and change the static number back.  Those static values are loaded into memory, after all, when you play, so they can be modified and rewritten back into the save file.

Remember when they had to get games bug-free the first time? Remember when said games were made by a single person?

Good times but the times, as always, are changing.

... no actually I don't. But I do remember when games were released with bugs that weren't solved until a re-release a decade later.

Edit: and I didn't realise there was third page of replies including someone making my exact comment. So it turns out it is in fact me who is the chump.

Edited by Bhazor

The change is retroactive. Companions are fixed.

Also, I'm yet to play a bug-free game on release, and I've been playing games for over 20 years. At least now it gets fixed, and still I somehow miss the days when you bought a Nintendo cartridge and that was it. If it was too hard, too easy, or it had bugs here and there, well, too bad. You had to man up and deal with it. 

These days are great in that aspect, but the social media that comes along, with the ridiculously over-exaggerated sense of entitlement that some people have is like a locust plague that we could really do without.

Edited by Emerwyn

Mine got changed. The character with inflated stats is all normal after patch.

I think he meant the stat changes that Obsidian made to the characters, reworking their statline to make them more useful. 

Patch notes were out yesterday. See it, and talk more about the patch, here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74879-patch-notes-for-103/

Edit: I'm an idiot. Is it a second patch? Well, opened until we confirm!

Here the hotfix details. Link: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75410-103-hotfix-for-problem-with-adventurer-hall-companions/?p=1632810

We have hotfixed the problem with adventurer hall-created companions not being able to unlock doors or chests. This should work correctly now. Without getting into too much detail, it looks like adding and removing a companion in the Stronghold can cause its voice set to be stripped. This was causing a null reference exception when they tried to unlock items.

a retroactive companion fix would be nice, but it ain't all that significant, and it becomes even less significant as you level.  starting attributes are not as important as most folks believe.  poe is different than d&d, so there ain't no obvious thresholds for saves and bab.  there also ain't schemes for making enduring attribute inflation possible.  poe starting attributes is a bit less meaningful than d&d 3e starting attributes were.

on the other hand, the reckless assault bug were our primary concern as we don't feel able to advance with our current borked deflection penalty.  obsidian made it possible to deactivate reckless assault with the recent patch, but they didn't fix the damage the bug had caused to our character.  the thing that annoys us is that there were developer response post patch that seemed to suggest that they were unaware o' the persistent nature o' the stacked deflection penalties related to reckless assault.  

after a few dozen hours invested, we don't feel like starting over.  

maybe play that priest o' wael we were considering and wait for the next patch? 

this is frustrating, 'cause the game is not all that buggy from our pov, but we happened to luck (unluck?) our way into a particularly annoying developer blunder... a blunder which is being addressed rather poorly.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How is there a 500 meg patch with no patch notes?

They changed some sound it seams, and it changed the references on all assets as a "colateral" effect, so all assets were downloaded againg and thats why 500 mb