NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

STUPID! YOU SO STUPID!!!

60883f796eb93548aea60474cfa6c80be68eb757

Edited to say I hate explaining the joke but I hate being banned for a joke even more.

Edited by rkade8583
  • Like 1

Well just booted the game and PC up and noticed the download was 856.5 meg, build number V1.0.3.0526 did not get a second download so I ran verify integrity... only one patch. Wonder if Steam had a random glitch?

Well just booted the game and PC up and noticed the download was 856.5 meg, build number V1.0.3.0526 did not get a second download so I ran verify integrity... only one patch. Wonder if Steam had a random glitch?

The one released earlier today was v1.0.3.0524

Could it be the hotfix?

Yep

And that's how you make people happy.

Clearly, releasing patches is also a recipe for criticism.

How is there a 500 meg patch with no patch notes?

The way Unity games are often built, just to change a few minor things you need to replace a lot of files. That's why every Wasteland 2 patch was a multi-giga download, for example, even when the changes they made could have been done in a 50mb patch in a different system. 

• Like 1

Remember when they had to get games bug-free the first time? Remember when said games were made by a single person?

Good times but the times, as always, are changing.

Not really no.  I remember when bugs were permanent and there was no such thing as patches though.

• Like 5

Then we played different games, I think.

Pc games have been recieving patches for the last 15 years at least it's not new, while console publishers just did backroom deals with platform holders and did initial print runs that had bugs and promised to fix them in subsequent printings the only real change of the past 5 years is the rise of day 1 patches.

• Like 1

You're being rude! I'M TRIGGERED! *hyperventilates*

I can't think of any off the top of my head. I used to play a lot of console games until CDs started taking over and I switched from half-and-half to full PC. In all honesty, you probably remember the old days better than I do. I just seem to remember games being less buggy back then.

Also, I wasn't really being serious. I was trying to make a half-ass joke because I'm bored.

• Like 1

The real joke is on the folks crying about bugs - because most of the games this game was based on still have bugs - either in the form of things which were stated as x in the manual, but work totally differently, or were simple oversights lol.  Some of them still have bugs in the "enhanced" formats - some still have bugs even after several rounds of "fan" patching and modding. 

It's simply in the nature of games of this size to have a few issues that are either unrectifiable or pushed way down the list of things that need fixing.  For me anyways, the crit path worked, which was better than some other major releases - Skyrim day one for example had a missing audio file on the crit path that prevented you from finishing the game until a patch that came out several days later lol. 

I think part of the reason people are so off the wall about this, is that so many folks came to the IE games *late* in their development life, so they were already more or less OK and most of the kinks had been worked out - so it created unrealistic expectations lol. 

1.  When I got BG2 in the mail, it didn't work at all, despite my PC being within the minimum specs, by a long shot.  I had to wait a few weeks to get a CD from CNET to get the resultant patch.

2. NWN had *all* sorts of rule issues and so on in its early life

3. BG 1's manual was a lie in many respects

4. Arcanum is still not quite right lol. 

5. KOTOR 1 frequently crashed on area transition *for years*.  lol

Edited by Gallenger
  • Like 3

Reckless Assault still bugged, still can't play...sigh.

Also, companion attributes are still not retroactively changed. Lame.

Is this on an old save?

I started a new game entirely (to be honest I avoided playing all week to save myself the trouble) and I've found it and all other modal abilities to be functioning perfectly as intended.

To further clarify, I was experiencing this bug on my previous game in version 1.02.

Edited by AlphaMagnum