[Bug][1.03] Prices in the Black Hound Inn

Asmodan

Question

I started a new Game and the prices in the Black Hound Inn are ridiculous high. The two Rooms cost 8250 cp and 11250 cp. One Potion of Minor Endurance cost 37500 cp. Other Prices (at the Black Hammer Smithery for example) are normal. When my Repution goes up the Prices change to normal values. In my Savegame you can see the high prices and then you can talk to Sweynur and finish the Quest and see the Prices are back to normal. 

SaveGame: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/HT1PF9MNMK9

Edit: I did a bit of testing and i think the Bug is related to the German Text Fan Patch.

Edited by Asmodan

25 answers to this question

So i will do a bit crosslinking: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72665-black-hammer-smithery-inflated-prices-and-cloaks-missing-linux/

Sorry to disappoint you, but your idea is wrong. The bug happens since ever and could not have anything to do with our translation pack, as this only contains text. Look at my last post in the linked topic for a better hypothesis.

Oh, and if you have the bug then all shops which are supposed to give you a discount would bring up moon prices.

So i will do a bit crosslinking: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72665-black-hammer-smithery-inflated-prices-and-cloaks-missing-linux/

Sorry to disappoint you, but your idea is wrong. The bug happens since ever and could not have anything to do with our translation pack, as this only contains text. Look at my last post in the linked topic for a better hypothesis.

Oh, and if you have the bug then all shops which are supposed to give you a discount would bring up moon prices.

Yes, i just learned that it is not the Fan Patch but the German Language (or other Languages like jhander said), i forgot to correct this here.

The only Solution i know is to switch to english and after a Reputation change in the Area the Prices went back to normal for me.

Edited by Asmodan

I've got the same problem with the Italian client in Copperlane at Igrun vendor. Switching to English made the price to change correctly, but even upon gaining reputation changing back to Italian causes the prices to be wrong again .

I couldn't find a permanent solution to be able to play in Italian as for now.

Any tip would be appreciated.

Edited by Yrtys

My problem doesn't appear in the first town in the actual save but in Copperlane. Using a new character though the problem appeared at the Black Hound Inn. 

Reinstalling the game didn't change anything and the problem persisted. Gaining or losing reputation in the areas didn't fix.

Hmm I'm new to this forum, did the devs say something about this bug beeing fixed in the near future? Becase in that case I think I would stop playing for some time. It's not game-breaking, but pretty annoying.

(I also used the german mod btw. )

Hey guys, we are currently investigating this issue. Are you guys on PC/Mac/Linux? Thanks for the info.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Thanks! I have this bug written internally as a Linux only. Will update the bug report.

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

I'm also on PC - Windows 7 64 bit - Steam.

In my game the smithy in gilded vale is affected. I think it started after I returned the stolen goods.

I think it's the same for me.

I'm using the German-Translation mod.

I tried to verify the chache and changing language back to english, but it didn't resolve the issue.

PS: Thanks for the update :)

I'm using a PC running windows 7 ( english os ) and the pillars client is in Italian: the vendor having issues is Igrun in Copperlane (the other vendors in the same location are fine). Switching the game client to English made the prices to change correctly, but changing back to Italian caused the prices to be wrong again and really high.

I've tried starting over with a new character and the issue happened at the Black Hound Inn in Gilded Vale and the other vendors in the same area were fine.

Same issue with both Steam in Italian and English.

I never noticed this issue before the last patch if this can be helpful.

ps. Thanks for the updates!

Edited by Yrtys

I think its like Xaratas said:

The Bug happens for me at the point when i got a discount at the Black Hound Inn.

I had a topic on the issue a few days ago and there was one answer where it was suggested that it's connected to the localization of your OS:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72665-black-hammer-smithery-inflated-prices-and-cloaks-missing-linux/

While I'm playing in English, my system is using German settings for numbers/date/etc. which means e.g. that numbers are using a comma instead of the decimal point used in english (1.02=1,02). This seems to be responsible for an issue I had in Ondra's Gift, which was completely submersed in water until I started PoE with the additional expression 'LANG=C' ('LANG=C ./start.sh' in a terminal)

However, I have tested if it would help against the price inflation, which it unfortunately doesn't. Prices are still much too high for me...

Hey guys, we are currently investigating this issue. Are you guys on PC/Mac/Linux? Thanks for the info.

I'm on linux. Game in English. Operating System in Brazilian Portuguese. As soon as I tur in the the blacksmith quest the prices go nuts.

I've got a savegame ready for you to try. Just load it, check the prices are right, turn the quest in, see the prices are wrong. http://www.mediafire.com/download/zv5nvzv2xssgm77/b37f9eef49074627ba7aadf814bdfbf2_8331583_BlackHammerSmithery.savegame

Hey guys,

yeah that happened to me, too. After I created an adventurer in the inn an ... took the black dog with me. Maybe the innkeeper noticed ;-)

I was glad that at least the cheapest room still is for 0 copper. I checked my reputation with goldvale twice, they love me ...