Post what works so Devs can nerf

Devs,

I would:

* widen doorways so no one can use them as choke points

* take away all movement buffs so no one can outrun anything

* take away DR penetration so people have to make the party you want and have a heavy hitter

* take away all heals unless you have a priest - b/c every party needs a priest - it's a party based game, after all, it was made with priests in mind.

* make mechanics rogue only.  Too much freedom letting anyone have it.  Make sure you have to have a rogue.  It's a staple of a party.

* Make monsters aggro radius double so you can barely sneak and then when you shoot one they all attack immediately

* change easy to act like normal, normal to act like hard etc. b/c we want reloads, spreadsheets and pausing to happen at least every 1/2 second and we want to ensure that we have to have a party.

I'll post more as I think of 'exploits' (good game play on the part of the players) so we can make it harder and so we can play it the way you want us too......

• Like 4

guys it's a single player game

the idea of a "nerf" is meaningless here

well that is

except for Mind Blades

bring back Mind Blades

I have the right to Mind Blades

Mind Blades was my perfect baby and now they have punched my baby in the face and made it ugly

I don't love my baby anymore

why Obsidian

why

• Like 2

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

I feel they've let Josh Sawyer over-think the mechanics, so he made them unnecessarily complicated. Like having 20 conditions, each boasting 4-6 separate effects. You cant even remember what they all do jesus.

• Like 2

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Nice, another troll bait thread.

Not troll bait at all.  It's an opinion and presented with sarcasm.  It's shared by others b/c I'm in discussion with them.  You don't agree but that doesn't mean it's troll bait - although in this thread I hope you realize: you are the troll.

I feel they've let Josh Sawyer over-think the mechanics, so he made them unnecessarily complicated. Like having 20 conditions, each boasting 4-6 separate effects. You cant even remember what they all do jesus.

That's what tooltips are for.

Also, it's not like Baldur's Gate was any less complicated.

Combat was a lot simpler in BG

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Nice, another troll bait thread.

Not troll bait at all.  It's an opinion and presented with sarcasm.  It's shared by others b/c I'm in discussion with them.  You don't agree but that doesn't mean it's troll bait - although in this thread I hope you realize: you are the troll.

Why can't you just admit what you are doing? Your op is an obvious provocation. The way you present your opinion IS a form of trolling don't pretend it is not, this is highly hypocritical of you. If you want people to take you seriously you don't open a thread on such a condescending tone.

Now on the meat of your "opinion", do you realize that these "nerf" happened because players and beta testers asked for them? If I listen to my left I hear people complaining that the game is too easy, if I listen to my right I hear it is way too hard... So the devs should change the game mechanics just because YOU think you know better than everyone else?

And on top of that this is the second thread you open on the EXACT SAME topic. The previous one is still active, you are just flooding the forum with your "opinion".

Edited by Kimuji

Combat was a lot simpler in BG

Ehh, I dunno about that.

I picked up BG again for the first time in about a decade. All I could think was "thank god I already knew AD&D rules beforehand or none of this would make sense".

• Like 1

How many cry threads are you going to make? You aren't any good at this game. That's no one's fault but yours.

Lol.  I made one thread before the patch.  One thread after.  Then I made a sarcastic one without realizing it would make people all butthurt who have deemed themselves the forum watchdogs.  I will remember to only post one thread at a time lest I run afoul of people like you ;)  I wouldn't want that..... it scares me.

I'll just play a party of 5 or 6 on hard and walk into any room in the game and win because the devs don't know how to balance combat for a large party but insist we play that way anyway...... (although I realize it is hard for you on normal with a party of 6)

Edited by revjwh

Protip: Don't make a new thread when you have an existing thread that talks about- oh, right. You made that thread too. I see.  I'm sure you agree with me that this thread has no value.

Talk here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75154-nerfing-youve-got-to-be-kidding-me-get-real-devs/