So Obsidian Devs basically give the finger only to solo-players

I noticed the animat horn, which is useless to a party, and only viable somewhat to a solo player now costs 6000 instead of 600.

There is no reason for this except to screw with someone trying a solo run.  Looks like Josh and the rest demand we play with a party or else.....

Thanks Obsidian for the big "f u" to solo-players.... right back at you, Josh.

• Like 2

Actually, Parsong, the devs mentioned solo.  Also, why not give freedom instead of demanding players play it one way only.  The horn was a weak summons that helped in a hard situation only for solo players - since you can hire npcs at whim for a lot cheaper.  So it has nothing to do with "train of thought."  You are like a broken record - I've seen you post this on about 10 threads now......  It's a weird hang up of some Dev.  I can play with a fighter and have him block doors and be a two person team but it feels different as roleplay.... that's fine with the devs though.... but God forbid I use a horn that summons a weak animat.  So it shows the devs simply decided to make it even harder to solo for no other reason than b/c they could.....

• Like 2

This isn't bg/iwd, solo'ing isn't even remotely in the train of thought.

Then why are there two achievements that require you to play solo?

Solo Complete the game without taking any companions after Cilant Lis.

Triple Crown SOLO Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lis.

Edited by MERLANCE

This thread cracks me the **** up because OP is so naive and innocent, completely oblivious to all the drama going on right now, and OP instead wants to call Obsidian devs a bunch of ass holes because they made a good item in the game more expensive.

I lol'ed at the juxtaposition.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This thread cracks me the **** up because OP is so naive and innocent, completely oblivious to all the drama going on right now, and OP instead wants to call Obsidian devs a bunch of ass holes because they made a good item in the game more expensive.

Different priorities, different issues. The fanbase is not the only thing that 1.03 broke

Edited by Bayzent

Different priorities, different issues. The fanbase is not the only thing that 1.03 broke

Yeah but the context is hysterical. His thread title reads like another angry outrage thread up until the end.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Pro-Tip:
- Play on Path of the Damned with Expert Mode
- Learn, Practice, Map, Research, Quest, See what you can do and what you can't do Solo (And maybe even get the Expert Achievement and the Solo Achievement)
- Make Walkthrough for yourself.
- Play Triple Crown Solo.
- Publish Success.

• Like 2

Gotta get those Steam achi's aye....Dear God...why can't people just play the game and enjoy the story anymore....

I blame the console generation.....

It has nothing to do with achievements - I could care less about them in any game.

Some of us just like to solo - we enjoy it for roleplay reasons and expected the freedom to do so since the devs talked about it.

But your condescension deserves the snob award ;)

• Like 3

Pro-Tip:

- Play on Path of the Damned with Expert Mode

- Learn, Practice, Map, Research, Quest, See what you can do and what you can't do Solo (And maybe even get the Expert Achievement and the Solo Achievement)

- Make Walkthrough for yourself.

- Play Triple Crown Solo.

- Publish Success.

I have no desire to do all that.... I just want to have a fair chance that if I play carefully and with tactics I have the freedom to solo instead of making an uber party and steamrolling the game on normal or hard but with less thought and patience and roleplay...... 

Some people don't care about the drama because the entire thing is stupid, and want to talk about other ****. Nobody appreciates being dragged into stupid bull**** they don't care about.

• Like 1

I noticed the animat horn, which is useless to a party, and only viable somewhat to a solo player now costs 6000 instead of 600.

There is no reason for this except to screw with someone trying a solo run.  Looks like Josh and the rest demand we play with a party or else.....

Thanks Obsidian for the big "f u" to solo-players.... right back at you, Josh.

Josh Sawyer is full of bollocks.... FYI the person who started this whole memorial ruse about "transphobic comments" THANKED HIM PERSONALLY ON TWITTER FOR REMOVING IT FROM GAME. Now why is that ???

And feargus don't lie to us how "it escaped voting initially" ... We love your games, but don't insult us

Edited by Luj1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Maybe it's me, but a solo tactic that's reliant on one specific item costing a specific amount of gold might be, I don't know, not really a very good idea?

• Like 10

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Gotta get those Steam achi's aye....Dear God...why can't people just play the game and enjoy the story anymore....

I blame the console generation.....

Blame on the achievement generation not the console, please?

I mean NES is pretty old conosle.....happy0203.gif

• Like 2

Maybe it's me, but a solo tactic that's reliant on one specific item costing a specific amount of gold might be, I don't know, not really a very good idea?

Lol, that's not the point.  The point is the devs aren't balancing the game for a party (mind blades op?  please.... anyone with a party after level 5 has 20 other options that are equally op)..... it's like they want to force people to have a party instead of solo or even a 2 person party as they are focusing on changes that only affect solo/small parties.  Taking away one or two resources that help make solo/small party play barely possible is rather sadistic ..... and people are noticing that the devs are doing it.  Why say we have freedom to play the game if we don't?

They are making a very narrow window in terms of what build you can play UNLESS you play with a full party.....

I don't want to have to min/max one or two very specific classes with the perfectly chosen race just to solo...... that's not about roleplay or fun that's about "achievement"..... The devs clearly let people steamroll on normal with a party of 5-6 so why suddenly nerf the few things that benefit someone solo or small party???

Edited by revjwh

Test 2: Anyone interested in doing a joint Solo, intelligence run? Gathering data/research and ideas of how to conquer Solo?

I was thinking Path of the Damned with Expert Mode, that way you can save your progress. Test, for instance, a Level 2 Class against the Bears in the beginning, then reload if it doesn't work and then return later, and then we can take screenshots and chat about it "That doesn't work, but this does" etc.

Builds, No-Combat Dialogue Choices, Backgrounds, Classes and so on.

EDIT: Using items, potions & scrolls, are not min/maxing. Min/Max is when you put all your stats, talents, abilities and so on after a most optimal build where you pretty much lose +/- 0 in efficiency.

A min/max build would be able to win everything by timing everything each second. Min/Max-gaming is not much different from Meta-gaming. You can still roleplay as a Solo character, but you're not going to be as efficient if you neglect some of the game mechanics (In a full party of 6, I never used scrolls or potions, but as a Solo character, when I've tried, I use it much more frequently, because I need to. The world becomes harsher, more dangerous, and requires ALL assets that exist within it).

That's why a Solo play is almost more roleplay, because you actually use all the tools and trinkets that exist in the world. Whilst you more or less steamroll with a full party, and neglect most of those "extras".

Edited by Osvir

Because the game is meant to be played with a party?

Yes, you can solo - if you want to, and if you do, better know exactly what you're doing and play accordingly. By carefully choosing your race, class and so on, for instance.

In terms of "roleplaying", the game assumes that there's a group of people doing that stuff, and not only one.

Soloing is for the fun of mastering the game mechanics enough that you can skip the party. It's not the assumed style of play.

• Like 3

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!