Limerick edit thread 2

I like the new poem as a backhand to offendatrons.

That said, the original submission should've stayed.

Oh it makes clearly fun of that person for sure. But this is not about this. It is about censorship and the principle why you as  artist should never give into these crazy people.

Well yeah. Much as I don't like a lot of Japanese games, their devs know how to handle this kind of stuff.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

THREAD CAREFULLY OBSIDIAN

REMEMBER HOW DOTA 2 RATING GOT DESTROYED ON METACRITIC FOR LACKING A  HALLOWEEN PATCH   (from rating 9 to rating 2. 8)

Edited by Luj1
  • Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

There is so many nasty non PC stuff in the game. Don't forget the rape, referring to women as 'fire whores', husband murder, etc., etc. TONS. But, this limerick cause them to cry. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

"Obsidian is one of the few companies left still willing to make old school RPGs, both 'SJW' and anti-SJW sides are now detracting from this goal. I hope you all realize what you're doing. EA is probably laughing their asses off. Good job."

If Obsidian believed in old skool RPGs they wouldn't be  bowing to pressure to those who loathe old skool RPGs to change their game. RIGHT!?! That's what BIO does. Is Obsidian the NEW BIO? I think so.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Also Sawyer's cat is ****ing fat wtf?? What's he feeding that thing?

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Am I really the only one here who got the meaning of the new poem? People should have a second look at it:

34ec617d-ac19-4fb3-87c8-8a3eb58b1c40.jpg

It clearly states that the original poem was just a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously, and "They asked for blood" is refering to those who asked for its removal and it can't be taken as compliment (if I were "they" I wouldn't take it as one anyway).

So all in all it seems rather obvious to me that the new poem means: "your failure to understand an inconsequential joke resulted in stupid censorship, well done you hysterical crowd".

I think this is the best way the community should react. Joke about it, the whole ****storm about this doesn't deserve the attention it got.

Obsidian is one of the few companies left still willing to make old school RPGs, both 'SJW' and anti-SJW sides are now detracting from this goal. I hope you all realize what you're doing. EA is probably laughing their asses off. Good job.

Not sure I see the relevance of the EA comparison. It's not like EA/Bioware has tried to make a game in the genre since Origins, which was at best a spiritual hybrid between tactical 2D games and the more "modern" take on the genre.

Also - EA with their "We use bots to praise ourselves for supporting gay rights as a smokescreen" tactics probably don't think too much of anything.

• Like 3

Am I really the only one here who got the meaning of the new poem? People should have a second look at it:

It clearly states that the original poem was just a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously, and "They asked for blood" is refering to those who asked for its removal and it can't be taken as compliment (if I were "they" I wouldn't take it as one anyway).

So all in all it seems rather obvious to me that the new poem means: "your failure to understand an inconsequential joke resulted in stupid censorship, well done you hysterical crowd".

I actually love both poems the man has talent its just a shame his first had to be censored

• Like 1

Disappointing to say the least.  I hope the backer gets a refund.

I feel like a broken record at this point, but this feels like a giant double standard towards violence in the game.  I am not sure how jokes of this kind are unacceptable, but lynchings and depictions of torture based on ideology are given a pass.  If a joke needs to be censored for society's sake, why is violence different?

Edited by Nixl
  • Like 4

I think you should look up the definition of censorship.

You're either dishonest or ignorant.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/censorship

cen·sor·ship

\ˈsen(t)-sər-ˌship\

noun

: the system or practice of censoring books, movies, letters, etc.

Full Definition

1 a :the institution, system, or practice of censoring

b :the actions or practices of censors; especially :censorial control exercised repressively

2 :the office, power, or term of a Roman censor

This move certainly can be regarded as censorship.

https://www.aclu.org/free-speech/censorship

Feel free to contradict the ACLU, but I'm going to give a bit more credence than you.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Censorship is not only forced by law. As I said you are pretty naive if you believe that is the case. 

I don't believe I ever claimed that to be the case - I am pointing out that being told by a loud minority to change something is NOT censorship. The choice is still in their own hands. Of course you can debate the legitimacy of the concept of self-censorship, which is pretty much the core of the drama as far as most people seem to be concerned.

If Obsidian caves this easily to a small group of loudmouthed people (who arguably haven't even played the game for the most part judging by twitter responses), what will be next on the "I am a minority and feel offended by ___"? And how will this sort of behaviour affect the universe, story and future content that is still on the drawing board.

I do not care what it does or not does. And even if it was just some small stone which it basically is.  It is the principle of someone being offended by something most people do not even agree and then it get changed.  IT is ridiculous how worse this **** has gotten thanks to twitter and co. No one ever should carve in to nutjobs and Yes Obsidian did exactly that and while I am no expressing my anger. I will also never by a Product of Obsidian since I am totally against censorship in any form. 

I live in Germany and I have to go against a ton of censorship regarding violence or nazi symbols in video games.  It is just disgusting to me. Especially when there even was a mod to remove this messages. There was no need at all to remove this but now Obsdian has done it and now they have  to live with the consequences. And how big they are will we see with their next game. Which I will certainly not buy. And many other people here seem to be the same. 

this needs to continue as it was an important discussion on the merits of censorship

No. It's a bunch of anti-SJ idiots throwing a fit, as usual. Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with censorship is an ignorant tool.

Obs did the right thing.

*Gets the popcorn*

I don't know if Obsidian did the, "right" thing, but they certainly did nothing wrong. The backer's content was changed with the backer's consent after all.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"What's he feeding that thing?"

IE fans.

You beautiful patriarch.

• Like 2

There is so many nasty non PC stuff in the game. Don't forget the rape, referring to women as 'fire whores', husband murder, etc., etc. TONS. But, this limerick cause them to cry. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

"Obsidian is one of the few companies left still willing to make old school RPGs, both 'SJW' and anti-SJW sides are now detracting from this goal. I hope you all realize what you're doing. EA is probably laughing their asses off. Good job."

If Obsidian believed in old skool RPGs they wouldn't be  bowing to pressure to those who loathe old skool RPGs to change their game. RIGHT!?! That's what BIO does. Is Obsidian the NEW BIO? I think so.

yes really if one is going to get offended about the game their are many better reasons that that sill poem

Obsidian is one of the few companies left still willing to make old school RPGs, both 'SJW' and anti-SJW sides are now detracting from this goal. I hope you all realize what you're doing. EA is probably laughing their asses off. Good job.

No. This would be a complete non-issue if the bigots hadn't thrown a fit.

Go read the replies to the other thread. Someone actually vowed to undermine everything Obsidian ever does. The reaction is completely, hilariously, out of proportion.

"The backers content was changed with the backer's consent after all."

No. He had no choice. What do you think Obsidian does if he tells them no? Come on, tell me. :)

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It is a good testament to the sillyness and apparently they [Those that complained] are now rather upset about the rewritten joke. Have to wait and see if they try to have it removed as well. 

• Like 1

this needs to continue as it was an important discussion on the merits of censorship

No. It's a bunch of anti-SJ idiots throwing a fit, as usual. Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with censorship is an ignorant tool.

Obs did the right thing.

*Gets the popcorn*

I don't know if Obsidian did the, "right" thing, but they certainly did nothing wrong. The backers content was changed with the backer's consent after all.

we dont really know what would have happened it the back had said no way