will jolee return?

No word on Jolee yet. The only confirmed character is T3. It's also possible that HK-47 returns. That's all we know so far. I don't expect them to reveal too much this early. Wait for E3 (may 12-14) there might be some new info then.

huh. i don't understand why people liked jolee so much in KOTOR1.

i found him to be insufferablely folksy. i would gladly have killed him except i was playing a light-side PC and it would have lost me brownie points wid the force.

if they do bring him back in KOTOR2, i hope it's something apposite to his character, like with his head on a pike.

dumber than a bag of hammers

I agree that Jolee was the most interesting of the KotOR characters, but I don't want him back.

Now that we know his whole backstory, there really isn't too much else to do with him. And I'd rather not have the game cluttered up with "hey how are ya" cameos of characters from the first one.

For the sake of not having a thousand threads like this, can people try and put one question things in the "questions to devs sticky".

As for Hk-47, one magazine suggest he will return, another said a robot that looks just like him will be in the game. It is still unknown if Hk-47 or T3 will be playable NPCs. T# will be used in the tutorial at the start of the game, not sure if he stays in your party after that.

People like Jolee because of his views about the force light and dark side, his views are popular and not exactly the character.

There is always a risk in using other people characters, T3 had almost no personality and so its safer to use that someone like Carth or Juhami (also they could be dead depending on what choices the player made), problem with his starting levels in The Munchkin Lords beling lower that his ending levels in SW:KotOR can be also explained by a "memory wipe" as such attempts to do something like that to one of the organic characters would tend to raise eyebrows.

drakron.png

I'm ambivalent about Jolee - sometimes I like him; sometimes I hate him. I killed him on the temple and never hesitated for a second, so I guess I didn't like him enough to care. He was more interesting than the other NPCs though.

I found Jolee amusing in small doses. Personally I liked him better than Carth, Juhani, T3, Mission, and Zaalbar but I really wouldn't like to see him return. First off because he found his fate at the hands of every DS PC and second I think they can do better. Just my two cents.

Cheers!

I'd love to have Jolee back... but truth be told I'd prefer a whole new line up of NPCs...

Unless he was an end game pickup (being level20 in KotOR and all)

It wouldn't make sense for him to be less than that in KotOR 2.

Most of the returning characters will be cameos only, which is how it should be.

Agreed.

Now if only they'd either get rid of, or somehow make interesting, that little T3 machine.

Most of the returning characters will be cameos only, which is how it should be.

Agreed.

Now if only they'd either get rid of, or somehow make interesting, that little T3 machine.

Or not, it would be better if they could just make him non combat, simply a lockpick/hacking tool.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Huh? He didn't die. My KOTOR1 game is THE official one so there. :)

Actually, aren't all games offical?

Seeing as we have that "dicate the past via dialogue" thing going.

i think it'll depend on that ..... answers u ll have to give in the beginning of the game don't forgwet he dies in teh darkside ending and he's still whooping u around in the lightside one ...

well i 'd like to see him again but NOT as a playable NPC or even see him in the start of the game getting killed a by a sith lord or whatever

I guess i m sure the killer machine of darth revan the meatbuag caller :) will be back as he was ur droid after all he'll stick by u .And as we re gonna see revan again we ll see that killer "meatbag caller" droid again :)

THe on i don't wanna see is Bastila ... she was SO boring and her voice acting sucked TOO MUCH

See, K, gets my point.

Darque, I know, I'm just pointing out Karzak's fallacy reasoning with regard of Jolee dying in his play through. Last i check, none of BIO, Obsidian, or LA have labeled anyone's (let alone Karzak's) as the official storyline.

Besides, I like how Obsidian seems to be handling it. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The obsidinis can:

a. actually write out and develop a complex set of storylines based on your inputs, putting a lot of time and effort into seeing the game continues according to each and every possible set of NPC's and their fates.

b. make a one size fits all game based on the NPC's that survived all the scenarios.

Hmmm, I wonder which they will do :)

How did BG2 handle that?

Why Bio Why?

See, K, gets my point.

Darque, I know, I'm just pointing out Karzak's fallacy reasoning with regard of Jolee dying in his play through. Last i check, none of BIO, Obsidian, or LA have labeled anyone's (let alone Karzak's) as the official storyline.

Besides, I like how Obsidian seems to be handling it. :)

Comprehension acquired captain :)

I'm just pointing out Karzak's fallacy reasoning

It's not a fallacy, it is simply what is most likely based on how game developers work. Since joloony died in some games, it's more trouble to have him return in some games and not in others than is is to just not have him return in all kotor2 games.

Why Bio Why?

It's a fallacy because they've already told us how they are planning to handle what happened in individiual KOTOR1 games. Comprende, dudette?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.