I feel happy for all the non steam people

Gave me an good excuse to delete my ultra-boring hard (too easy) playthrough in its entirety just now. Even better, I actually managed to find one of the real endings by massacring everyone I found in defiance bay before deleting the whole thing.  :devil:  There is at least one plot critical character there if you haven´t tried it yet.

You didnt get forced to install a patch that broke much more of the game and ruined peoples saves and characters.

As per this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75207-cant-interact-with-locks-after-patch/

Sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tavern-hired rogue picking a lock.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I checked through all the steam settings, I see no option to disable updates.

But I already got up to 90% of act 2 done ... I DONT WANT TO START AGAIN!

There's no stopping it!  Not possible.  If you want to play on steam it wont let you do so unless game has all current patches.  On a separate note many are playing without issue.  I wouldnt be worried tbh.  

Steam doesn't force you to patch the game.  It didn't do anything to my save thankfully.

Steam doesn't force you to patch the game.  It didn't do anything to my save thankfully.

I think it does unless you have some setting enabled

Actually it does - There is no such thing as "disabling patches" on Steam. If you're online and you attempt to run a game, it will check for the latest version and try to install it without asking you first.

Only way to avoid being force-patched is to go offline and stay offline until you want a patch - Or ask the developers to add in a rollback feature (or letting the game run without Steam running)

In 99% of cases you wouldn't want to do without those automatic patches (because you want to get in and play asap), but in the remaining 1% it's a trip to hell and back. Especially games that aren't savegame compatible across versions.

I'm so annoyed by these bugs. They haven't even fixed the reckless assault bug that I detailed in a bug report last week. Then someone makes a thread about the same issue TODAY and it gets recognized by a dev and added to their database. Seems like I'm being ignorned or just devs only read the first page of a forum.

I'm shelfing PoE until the expansion comes out. Going to keep playing Dota and wait for Mortal Kombat X.

thx obsidian. You get a negative review from me. Nice 4th place position on steam with 92% review compared to 96% cities.

Was hoping to play this game so I can get a break from dota, but nope, Bugsidian lives on.

Bugs...bugs everywhere.

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

I'm so annoyed by these bugs. They haven't even fixed the reckless assault bug that I detailed in a bug report last week. Then someone makes a thread about the same issue TODAY and it gets recognized by a dev and added to their database. Seems like I'm being ignorned or just devs only read the first page of a forum.

I'm shelfing PoE until the expansion comes out. Going to keep playing Dota and wait for Mortal Kombat X.

thx obsidian. You get a negative review from me. Nice 4th place position on steam with 92% review compared to 96% cities.

Was hoping to play this game so I can get a break from dota, but nope, Bugsidian lives on.

Bugs...bugs everywhere.

Can you say Histrionic Personality Disorder...

• Like 1

You didnt get forced to install a patch that broke much more of the game and ruined peoples saves and characters.

As per this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75207-cant-interact-with-locks-after-patch/

Best Patch ever I guess...

Well, I had to finish Stick of Truth anyway...and D:OS...

Life is like an Obsidian Patch...you'll never know what will suddendly screw up!

Edited by Bayzent

I wish I had the GOG version instead of the Steam version at this time because the new patch made me unable to loot or open any containers. I knew I should have waited a few weeks to start a game because of bugs. That's what I get.

And all those Steam 'must have patch the second it's released' users laughing at us GoG users earlier....*laughs manically*

Or not - Earlier versions has plenty of gamebreaking bugs. This one does too.

You know - I think I'll pick the third door. Shelf the game until it's playable without forcing me to keep a small database of savegame backups around.

• Like 1

I didnt have any gamebreaking bugs before the patch, only after. 

You may want to give the "known issues" list a read. Plenty of things that can and will ruin your experience.

Crashes at the keep, stats that raise and drop permanently (ruins balance) and losing racials. Just to name a few.

And all those Steam 'must have patch the second it's released' users laughing at us GoG users earlier....*laughs manically*

Or not - Earlier versions has plenty of gamebreaking bugs. This one does too.

You know - I think I'll pick the third door. Shelf the game until it's playable without forcing me to keep a small database of savegame backups around.

More fool you.  Should keep backups of everything...especially game saves (whether backed up on a cloud service or not...I mean...how would you play if the cloud service had a failure huh?).  But you're prerogative ;)

There's a difference between saving - And saving in separate files every few minutes just to avoid losing progression because of a sudden bug.

Cloud? Only a fool would use the cloud. Most unstable pos on the face of the planet.

And what do you think Steam does/is huh?

As for the topic....for anyone who actually didn't think there would be any issues with a new patch...I'm speechless......is this all your first game or something?   Never, never....ever....install a patch the moment it is released....

And seriously...off you go again with your hyperbole....saving every few minutes haha....that would be called...exaggeration.

Edited by Maviarab