Update 93: Patch 1.03 - Important Community Fixes

I'll repeat myself, sorry to do so, I can't back a decision to cater to a Neo Nazi and a genocide advocate, and the insecure, entitled whiners who would support such individuals. That these twisted and immoral individuals are dictating what is moral and acceptable in a virtual construct is to me utterly preposterous. Surely you must see how hypocritical it is to say that this joke is unacceptable, while arguing for the death of half the worlds population and Ian Miles Cheung's equally repulsive views are acceptable?

I'm utterly speechless at the tacit support of such hateful bile spewing agendas.

I don't actually know what you're talking about but I thought the content in question was in poor taste and I neither support genocide nor do I know who Ian Miles Cheung is.

And while some folks have bad opinions, you'll find that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Maybe its because I come from an older generation, and the horrors of the war are still all too well remembered by the family members who came back and failed to come back from liberating Germany and the tales they told, but I personally never regard genocide as "right," I hope I never do.

I'm sorry if that view is not fashionable, but it will not be changed.

• Like 10

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Absolutely disgusting to see Obsidian cave in like this, and spitting in the faces of their backers in the process. The overwhelming majority was in favor of KEEPING IT, as you could see simply by checking the official forums or other places.

If I'm offended by wizards being in the game because mystical things are against my religion, will you also pull them from it?

If I may, I think I like the new one better. It's actually funny.

Aye indeed it is. But the supposed precedent this sets isn't.

Which is also I would like further clarification on this as reassurance that this won't happen again, if only to show that this wasn't to appease one clearly crazy person on twitter i.e. I would like to know which tone backer content has to live up to. 

Precedent? This isn't the Supreme Court. The content changed because someone said it was offensive, Obsidian agreed, and they asked the backer to submit something more appropriate.

I hope that's ALWAYS what they do, and if there's something else that they feel needs to be changed they don't waste time in doing so.

Aye and what happens when someone else finds something else to be offensive? When does it stop now that they know it can be done? That's the precedent. 

I hope it never becomes like that because there would be no end to it and we would have to kiss artistic integrity goodbye. 

There's a difference between editing content because it didn't live up to your standards and giving into a form of censorship because a disgruntled individual put pressure on you. I do hope it's the former and not the latter, but so far I'm not convinced. 

I suppose that depends on if Obsidian agrees that it is indeed offensive. If they do, like they did here, then they'll act accordingly. The weird doomsday scenarios I'm hearing involve Obsidian not having any opinions of their own and just kowtowing to whatever random people ask of them on Twitter, which I've not known Obsidian to do.

Obsidian is good and they did good here. (And censorship doesn't mean what you think it does.)

Yes it entirely possible that they just didn't catch it before release, but here's the thing... There is plenty of offensive content in the game: Rape, abortion, lynching etc. So where does the line go? That's what I want to know. Since their game is adult themed it seems like a very odd place to draw said line, which is also why I'm not convinced that this was done willingly to live up to their own standards. 

They are but they didn't do good here, as far as I'm concerned, and yes I do know that it means. Just because you don't agree with my "form of censorship" comment doesn't mean that your definition is correct and mine isn't. 

Edited by ChipMHazard
  • Like 2

First they came for the poorly written jokes, and I did not speak out because seriously it's not a big deal get over it you babies.

What if they forced this poor holy being, this Backer amongst Backers (Peace Be Upon Him), to change his bad writing to slightly better writing? Can we trust Obsidian anymore??

Don't know abotu you, but I fear when Obsidian starts to tailor their games to people that are openly misandrist and don't have enough reading comprehension to understand what the joke was all about.

>openly misandrist

ahahahahahahahaha

Nobody complained about anything else in the game, or at least nothing that turned into a thing, because Obsidian was able to handle all the references to rape, murder, genocide, domestic abuse, prostitution, etc. in a way that worked well and never trivialized any of it or used it cheaply. No one is suggesting that such topics should be off limits to Obsidian.

Transphobia on the joke backer memorial thing is gross and offputting and should have been filtered out before it shipped.

• Like 4

So yeah, I guess you will censor me as well. Well **** it, it is my right as a customer and backer to loose my **** when I see you turning into pile of smelly trash.

You are sneaky, weak, hypocritical ****! And I do not want to do anything with you. I am just sad, that I backed you and I even pre-ordered the expansion. Because I ****ing trusted you! Your behaviour is exactly what I loathe about this world. Insanely politically correct, bowing to a few extremist, becoming extremist yourselves and turning others to extremes. You have no consistency and no honour and you do not deserve me in state where I do not loose my ****.

Yeah, just delete it and ban me. Your games are worthless to me and I will spread my poisonous spits to anyone who listens the same way you spread your corruption without a choice for others.

My despise is given to liars and traitors such as the one you became.

And to anyone else disagreeing with me - It is your right and it is my right to call you ****. I am not here to discuss, but just leave a last message - what is done, is done and I am forsaking this cursed place. There are things that do not deserve civil discussion, because they are corrupted already and you cannot handle corruption in velvet gloves.

• Like 7

Flabbergasted that someone would find it offensive. The original makes no specific derogatory remark about anything. It could just have easily said that I ate cabbage on a pizza when I thought it was broccoli. 

In the times of the Internet it's difficult not to offend anyone, but to be offended by this joke you have to read it in a very peculiar way. The joke is meant to be aimed at Firedorn, not the other party. I'm pretty sure the backer meant no harm.

While I can't agree with the original problem, at least Obsidian listened. Sure, I think they made the wrong decision, but hey, perhaps the PR is good!

I do wonder though... what if the game had a village of people that shunned such parties and there was a sidequest to help or hinder. The villagers would be very outspoken and prejudice about the whole affair. Would that be offensive? I'm sure those NPCs would appear that way, but they'd be offensive to other NPCs. While I doubt this type of sidequest would exist I'm sure there's plenty of quests in the game, and many others like it, where NPCs are outright offensive to other NPCs about their life choices, race, gender, sexual preference, social standing or whatever the hell else. Surely those scenarios are far worse than a silly little poem. 

• Like 5

I too am sorry for blatantly reposting or linking to a post I've already made, but the thread going nuts about the limerick removal is moving too fast, and I'm an arrogant nab and do wanna be heard. My long-ass thoughts on the matter I initially posted here:

So I'm torn on the issue but I also wanna put in my input. This turned into a giant ass wall no one will probably read, but I wanna post it all the same:

I'm torn because it's no secret I'm a GamerGate supporter. Yes, let's not deny the elephant in the room: this is GamerGate vs. SJWs, the same story we've heard for 8 months. (really that long now? Jesus) However, I also think that GamerGate must reflect on itself and realize that threatening Obsidian for caving makes the non-censorship side just as ridiculous and childish as those who demanded it's removal and freaked out. It's also simple fact that we do not fully know Obsidian's motivations here. We do not know if the limerick was something Obsidian overlooked while processing backer reward submissions and only later realized they take offense to it personally of their own accord, or if this is something truly sparked by the tweets. I sympathize with people's desires to put two and two together, but it's somewhat unfair to do so. This would be different if the limerick were something directly spouted from Durance or another Pillars character, making it painfully clear an Obsidian employee wrote it, but unfortunately it's skewed here. I'd urge people to calm the hell down and wait to hear Obsidian out, which is exactly what I've been doing.....not that it helps. There's an angry mob forming essentially, and any posts I've made on a certain subreddit discussing this matter just get downvoted to oblivion for even suggesting people put the pitchforks down and wait on a comment....something for which I'm quite disappointed in Gamergate aswell.

But I also would be lying to myself if I denied that seeing this news hurt. I honestly wasn't expecting this, or at least to see it happen like this. If there was a change, I expected we'd see an announcement in advance and not after-the-fact. I mean the replacement limerick is quite good and I actually think this could've been LOADS less painful had an announcement simply been made upfront to highlight it's change and how that happened.

I also have to reflect and realize that....New Vegas was my favorite game of all time, and New Vegas ended with one character: Ulysses. Ulysses is a man written by Obsidian employees and a character who is big on symbolism. He lambasts the Courier for not reading into his own actions enough and understanding the ramnifications they hold. He accuses the Courier of negligence, of acting before realizing what consequences his actions may have.

A part of me has to reflect on that and expect the same from Obsidian. Quite frankly Obsidian, the very people who called for this thing to be removed will do you no favors. This is admittedly a bit of a situation where a group is being lumped into one instead of treated like individuals, but you do realize the very side calling for the limerick to be removed would also be the side that overall (overall being the keyword there since of course individuals will have individual opinions deviating from the norm of the group) voices support for Anita Sarkeesian....yknow, the critic who has a video up criticizing your game (Fallout New Vegas) and merely including it as cannon fodder for her "women as backround decoration" video? .....Blatantly LYING about how women in New Vegas lack depth and how there's no consequence for killing any prostititutes within the game? This is the group you just appealed to. This group (again keyword being group; not all individuals of said group would be guilty of this, but a significant margin would be) seems to wear being offended like a fashion statement, whether warranted or not. You have to ask yourselves what value you expect to come from trying to appeal to them. You think this would stave off criticism in the future? I doubt it...

More importantly I just have to voice how easily it is to slowly go towards censorship when trying to appease people like this. You want an example of how easily I could draw controversy to an element of Pillars? Endulge me in the wall of text below if you would, and I can highlight EXACTLY how that can happen:

You know something within Pillars of Eternity I really, REALLY don't like? That Pallegina is such a weak little nab when it comes to her being an avian godlike, being born different and looking different from others. This hits too close to home with my disability (one leg), except I was born disabled and have no shame in it. I grew up being made fun of for my disability, I grew up getting mocked, harassed or outcasted for it, because unfortunately my mother moved to a very sheltered area where I was the only physically disabled person in a town of 30,000. Everyone was more or less the same, except for me, so the little kids didn't know how to act around me and their parents didn't know any better or know how to teach them respect. I know what it's like to be different. I had to just deal with it.

And I did. Hell, I'm almost happy it happened. I'd exhibited humor and a desire to refine a sense of humor since I could speak or manage a joke and before ever moving to this town, but please, count how many comedians you know who were bullied as children. Being bullied can do wonders for your charm, for your wit and for your ability to speak circles around anyone who wishes to make fun of you, and I'm sure being made fun of refined my ability in such things as well. Surely you know of this Obsidian, what with characters like Caesar and Durance preaching about how conflicts and flames can envoke an inner strength from you? I would never have had this opportunity were I born normally and with two legs instead of one. Aside from that, I have to highlight how I truly see no reason to be ashamed of my leg. I cannot tell you how many times friends or family will email me news about research into prosthetics or the ability to do a limb transplant, and they assume I'm gonna be super happy for that news and say "LOOK, YOU MIGHT BE NORMAL SOMEDAY!!" Why the hell would I want to be? Why would anyone think less of me for missing a limb? The only part about my leg that hurts is that it's made painfully obvious some people do think less of me when they make statements like that (and some other statements with even LESS tact, such as "do you have trouble landing a girlfriend cause of your leg?"). But do I find that warranted? Not at all. Stephen Hawking can't even wipe his own ass, and he's accomplished more in his lifetime than....well hell, you could dare argue he's at the top, with very few people able to compete with him and his accomplishments. It's because we're at a point in society where physical disabilities mean jack. Charles Darwin argued "survival of the fittest," and many people make the mistake of assuming that means fastest, strongest or smartest. No, "fittest" here means those most capable of adapting to their environment. Hawking qualifies as one of the "fittest" because he highlights the truth that these days, intelligence is what you need to survive in this world. Even so, ALL of us qualify as "fit" because all of us are surviving, as society has made doing so quite simple. Even IF you wished to frown upon my disability still.....have you not SEEN the newer prosthetics? A day will come when prosthetics are superior to actual limbs. The athletic prosthetics are already proving this as they regularly become a hot button issue for race events, since there's debate a guy missing two legs but using two athletic prosthetics has an unreasonable advantage vs. a person with two legs.

But I digress. The point with the above is that there's a parallel between a character like Pallegina and myself in that we both grew up being made fun of for being different. But that's the only thing we have in common, because while I don't consider my disability an issue despite the amount of people who to this day and to my age group of 26 now continue to think less of me over something so stupid? While I hold my head high, satisfied in knowing that I myself see no logical, objective conceivable reason to frown upon how I am, so I can safely discredit those that do as idiots?

Pallegina cries like a little b****. She complains about being born different, she'll cry about it, she loathes and laments it.  It's PAINFUL for me to listen to this, cause it's such a freaking pity party. It's like omfg suck it up. You have so many other things going for you, yet you let that one aspect of who you are rule you. You show an inability to wear it like a badge of pride and see the good in it and realize it's all quid pro quo with upsides and downsides (ironic since at one point she WILL acknowledge this and say who she is is responsible for her being allowed to do a job she loves); something I figured out in my early teens that she can't figure out as an adult. Pallegina is the type of character that would tearfully ask of God why she was born the way she was...dude if I met God I'd just jokingly ask "so what'd I do to piss you off," moreso in relation to the fact that I was born allergic to morphine and latex alongside a disability that'd demand I have several operations, not so much for the disability itself. It's GARBAGE how she acts, because I cannot feasibly see this happening with someone who grows up being different from birth. Becoming different somewhere down the line, sure, but not coming to terms with it over the course of 20+ years? GTFO.

AND YET....I am wrong in a way. People are amazing in that you can find people of every stripe. Surely someone out there would tell an opposite story, about how they were born different just like Pallegina and they too lament it, and they too have not come to terms with it. And for these reasons, they love the character and connect with it that much better. Her stroy would inspire them....and I WANT it to inspire them. I want anyone to have a chance to feel a connection and feel inspired by a story. Have I ever met such a person that would love how she is in that regard? As I said I could expect this from someone who became different in the middle of their lifetime, (became disabled, victim of one of those acid attack stories that ruined a pretty face, anything that's blatantly obvious from appearance and first glance, really) though I can't think of an example of ever meeting someone who showed these emotions despite being different from birth.

But I am not so arrogant and self-centered as to think this means such people do not exist. I am not so judgemental and shallow so as to think that anyone who grew up different, is exactly my age and doesn't exhibit the strength I do on this specific subject matter is just weaker and inferior to me; dozens of qualities and traits make up a man, and I could surely learn something else from them aswell. I am not so anxiety-ridden and so short on self-esteem that I take Pallegina's story as a personal attack on my person and who I am, I just don't like it because pity parties are a big pet peeve of mine and hers makes me groan that much more solely because I feel I relate to her situation.

Despite this, do I think I could drum up controversy if I wanted to? Absolutely. I could easily play the "WTF SAWYER, NOT ALL OF US THAT ARE BORN VISIBLY OR PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT ARE LIKE THAT, WE DON'T RUN AROUND ASKING FOR PITY LIKE YOU SEEM TO THINK WE ALL DO. EVERYONE REBLOG/RETWEET THIS TO GET THEIR ATTENTION AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, HERE'S MY PATREON LINK KTHX."  You don't think that very same SJW crowd would take that bait? I'd ****ing bet my fake leg on it.

But I don't do that. Because that would mean that Sawyer's character and his desire to express himself in some way would be completely snuffed out and we'd never hear his/her story. (his/her since author is male, character female)

Stories are like people to me. You're a fool to think that you'll like all people, but that does not mean this world would be a better place if every person you didn't like dropped dead. Just because a person doesn't exhibit value to you does not mean they provide no value for others. Stories are exactly the same, as art imitates life imitates art.

This may be "just a limerick," and you may be thinking people are foolish to read THIS much into it that it got removed. In a way you're right, but again, surely you must've known something like this would happen? These forums fill up and almost crash any time this issue comes up. You can easily check 8chan or KiA and see your names on the front page the moment this issue became a thing.

What's going on is that people are second-guessing. They don't trust that this was your decision and your decision only, and wtf, they have every logical reason to do so, even if they lack sufficient evidence to definitively "convict" you, so to speak.

My advice? Make that announcement and be honest. Be respectful, but be honest. If you want to tell GamerGate you disagree with it? Do so. If you want to tell SJWs to calm the hell down? Do so. I can already hear your marketing director saying "nonononononononono dun do that," but this is the thing: GamerGate's side is not against people having opinions. GamerGate would not be against Obsidian as an entity truly caring about being sensitive to such issues and wanting to remove that stuff out of a personal interest. GamerGate's stake in this is that they feel as though you've caved when you didn't actually want to, and that the decision was cowardly, made solely by some CEO or marketing director who's interest is only in the consumer's money and not actually within integrity of the game; that the company would gladly light a baby on fire tomorrow if it seemed like that's what the people wanted, and can at any time be bought off with the proper amount or the proper pressure applied to make you second-guess if an action, gameplay snippet or message is profitable for the company. But your actual opinion...? That holds value to GamerGate, and I think they could respect it even if it disagreed....so long as it treats them with due respect back, of course.

And if your opinion is that this is stupid and you wish the SJW crowd would back off and stop policing things like this limerick? Say so. Look at the amount of people watching this topic. Look at the OVERWHELMING support for the limerick you're seeing now. These are GamerGaters. They've waited 8 months for a developer to have the balls to make a stand, and it's not happening because any CEO or marketing director is going to suggest a safe, hands-off approach. But these very same people would provide overwhelming support to any company to break this silence and voice support for them. I also would voice doubt that this issue of "transphobia" would escalate any further. I mean ffs, the guy who called it transphobic legit had misandric and neo nazi commentary on his account history, as I recall. You think your names will pop up on national news? You think this story would get that high with someone like that on the other side? Please. And if your worry is that sites like Kotaku are gonna pick up on the story, kindly visit Kotaku and check how many ads there are. It's a ghost town, because no one's reading them anymore.

Even if that doesn't convince you.....wtf guys you're OBSIDIAN!!!! ****ing google "New Vegas feminism," "New Vegas Mormon," "New Vegas LGBT." You'll see nothing but praise from feminists (the ones not after cash anyways), Mormons and gay people alike, all praising the game for presenting such characters as people rather than letting their gender, religion or sexual orientation be their defining characteristic and "personality." The blatantly obvious truth is that YOU GUYS ARE NOT TRANSPHOBIC. You could very easily ignore the complaints of this limerick and then include a transgender NPC in a future DLC or title, and just show them firsthand how humanely you can write minority groups and how respectfully you can treat them. The complaint will not hold weight or damage your image in any way because it's simply not true. It jumps to outrageous conclusions that you guys support transphobia when it's clear that's not the case.

Whatever your choice, whether you feel compelled to respond to me and tell me you think GamerGate is a flawed, reactionary movement that would do the world a favor if it died off, or if you want to let people know you guys didn't actually enjoy removing that limerick...just say so. Because I truly believe that's what people actually want right now: they want transparency and they want honesty, not neccesarily a hivemind adherence to whatever it is we want. We just want to see that companies can think for themselves and that they won't mindlessly sell out to the first potential threat to come along, because unfortunately there's a LOT of threats going around these days and that will quickly end poorly if this is the case.

I'll be patiently awaiting the backer announcement clarifying how and why this move was done, let's hope people can put down the pitchforks until then and hear you guys out.....though let's not kid ourselves, they're not gonna do that. :p

GamerGate is essentially Ulysses at this point, Obsidian, and he's convinced you don't put enough thought into your actions and ready to launch a nuke. Now would be a good time to get out that 100 Speech skill and talk them down. :/

• Like 9

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This is about ethics in animancy.

#NOTALLANIMANCERS

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

First they came for the poorly written jokes, and I did not speak out because seriously it's not a big deal get over it you babies.

What if they forced this poor holy being, this Backer amongst Backers (Peace Be Upon Him), to change his bad writing to slightly better writing? Can we trust Obsidian anymore??

Don't know abotu you, but I fear when Obsidian starts to tailor their games to people that are openly misandrist and don't have enough reading comprehension to understand what the joke was all about.

>openly misandrist

ahahahahahahahaha

Nobody complained about anything else in the game, or at least nothing that turned into a thing, because Obsidian was able to handle all the references to rape, murder, genocide, domestic abuse, prostitution, etc. in a way that worked well and never trivialized any of it or used it cheaply. No one is suggesting that such topics should be off limits to Obsidian.

Transphobia on the joke backer memorial thing is gross and offputting and should have been filtered out before it shipped.

Except it wasn't transphobia. It isn't Obsidian's fault that you misinterpreted it.

The joke could have been about a straight guy sleeping with a bi guy after having too many drinks. It could have been about a tranvestite (which is something ENTIRELY different from being a transwoman). There is nothing pinning it on transfolk. To add insult to injury, the entire joke was about the guy who killed himself being so insecure over his sexuality that a bad night mistake caused him to end his life. He is the one being made fun of.

Meanwhile, the hate advocates who call for all men to be exterminated don't even sound like they are joking at all, especially considering their actions. But even if it WAS a joke, somehow that joke was ok, but this one wasn't?

A lot of hypocrisy here.

• Like 17

It was a silly kerfuffle over a misread bit of text, from people who probably weren't going to play the game anyways. You give perpetually offended people and inch and they'll take a mile, so I don't see the point of validating their misunderstandings.

The new poem is a pretty funny jab at the situation, though.

• Like 6

Good work on caving in to people who unironically tweet about killing all men but then are offended to death about a harmless joke, I guess.. ?

I mean, seriously. The same person who was offended about this joke tweets how hetereosexual man are a blight yet you guys dont feel silly at all for caving in to his/her hurt feelings? Where on Earth does this step make any kind of sense?

• Like 10

Well since I identify as a transfluid fusion gender quasi dragon person. When I saw that ignorant poem in the game I was ready to get my fleet of 100+ lawyers to sue Obsidian or personally fly over and roast their HQ.

Edited by Failion
  • Like 6

>openly misandrist

ahahahahahahahaha

Except it wasn't transphobia. It isn't Obsidian's fault that you misinterpreted it.

The joke could have been about a straight guy sleeping with a bi guy after having too many drinks. It could have been about a tranvestite (which is something ENTIRELY different from being a transwoman). There is nothing pinning it on transfolk. To add insult to injury, the entire joke was about the guy who killed himself being so insecure over his sexuality that a bad night mistake caused him to end his life. He is the one being made fun of.

Meanwhile, the hate advocates who call for all men to be exterminated don't even sound like they are joking at all, especially considering their actions. But even if it WAS a joke, somehow that joke was ok, but this one wasn't?

A lot of hypocrisy here.

Pee pee poo poo it was a bad joke. May it Rest In Peace (except it won't because it was taken off the tombstone).

Also death to all men. Let the culling begin!

Yes it entirely possible that they just didn't catch it before release, but here's the thing... There is plenty of offensive content in the game: Rape, abortion, lynching etc. So where does the line go? That's what I want to know. Since their game is adult themed it seems like a very odd place to draw said line, which is also why I'm not convinced that this was done willingly to live up to their own standards.

The line is where the content is made by Obsidian and contains whatever context they deem appropriate. The fact that there is plenty of possibly offensive context in the game is precisely why those complaining about precedents and SJW and Obsidian giving up their artistic integrity are making a mountain out of a molehill. Obsidian changed this because they didn't write it and they didn't feel like defending a joke they didn't make. It's not the themes or the potential controversy that made them change it, but that it wasn't a conscious decision by Obsidian to put it there in the first place. I'm sure they would have removed a similar limerick about someone jumping off a cliff after being raped, but would not remove the current content dealing with rape in the game.

• Like 1

We released this patch earlier today on Steam. You can start downloading it by quiting out of your Steam client and starting Steam up again. The patch should download at that point. For those of you that have Origin and GOG, we are working with them to patch their platforms as soon as possible. We are hoping for all platforms to be up-to-date within a few days.

This is really disappointing. I chose GOG over Steam as a gut reaction - while I love Steam, any DRM is obstructive, so why not go DRM-free. Had I known that this version of the game wouldn't receive the same support priority as Steam, I simply would have chosen Steam. I think I know why this wouldn't be well-communicated beforehand, but you've left me remorsefully wishing I had redeemed a different version of the game. I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not a major impact. Only 10 hours in, and I already love this game. But this still leaves me feeling disadvantaged. It's a bummer.

Any news on improving patch roll-outs in the future to all platforms simultaneously? Barring that; if Steam will always be treated preferentially, is it not unreasonable to request to transfer my purchase over to that platform? I know that's a troublesome request that's easier to dismiss than fulfill, but what's a fair option, here?

I'm glad I held out on paying for this game. If Obsidian values a blue-haired mentalcase over its backers, then so be it. Keep him. Let him dictate what can and can't be in the game. Let him finance the next game.

I even feel stupid for buying fallout NV recently. Never again.

• Like 4

Also death to all men. Let the culling begin!

My posts are moderated and don't show (since I am a new user), and *this* does? A joke about gendercide (like it happened in reality in Bosnia) is ok?

Disgusting.

• Like 2

I personally identify as a Transdimensional Stillbornwichtotherkin. I find the entire first act offensive. Why hasn't it been changed yet? Why have my cries been ignored? Do Transdimensional Stillbornwichtotherkin not matter to Obsidian? Shame on Obsidian for their obvious prejudice against Transdimensional Stillbornwichtotherkin, I won't tolerate it.

Edited by Bulivyf
  • Like 6

i'm offended by the fact that you say in the game that Gods don't exist , while i clearly control every action of my character like a GOD; i'm deeply offended by this, so please change this , because don't you understand it's offensive! Stop being such a Racist corporation Obsidian, oh god the Oppression, please someone help me, Obsidian is oppressing me

• Like 3

So, I can put a hat on my cat, but locked containers are broken?

Am I missing something here, or did we just substitute one set of game-breaking bugs for another?

Oh, thanks very much for the cats!

• Like 2

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

"Once it was brought to our attention, it followed the same vetting process as all of our other content. Prior to release, we worked with many of our backers to iterate on content they asked to be put into the game that didn't strike the right tone."

So this means that said poem didn't get screened before release, okay... Are we going to be seeing more changes being made to backer content that wasn't checked before release as well or was this really the only one?

What tone are you referring to exactly?

If we happened to miss content, then yes, we will change it if we feel it is necessary.

Like Feargus mentioned in the update, we worked with many backers to revise their content for myriad reasons.

This is an obvious lie though. You changed it because you were pressured by a minority group on Twitter lol. You've alienated the people who saved your company from oblivion by backing this game on Kickstarter to appease the rampant SJW movement demanding anything they find offensive to be censored. The fact that you're lying about it now is even more disgusting and disrespectful. Be honest about it.

"So this is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause" has never been more relevant.

Edited by Bulivyf
  • Like 8