Changed reload speed multiplier from 2 to 1.2 for Sure-Handed Ila.

Ok, so there will be a nerf.I admit that im using my chanter for nothing more that summoning, chanting this phrase and shooting along with other gun-crazed team members.4 people with guns...Thats a lot of reloads.And it is realy effective.I dont say that this will broke chanters.But it will move them down in class tier...

What about you?Will you still include chanter in your party?Will you respec him into off tank?

Personaly i think i will give druid a try  :)

Maybe someone will make a mod to un-nerf all the nerfs in this patch. Personally I would love some1 to unnerf the arbalest.

What the hell is supposed to be the point of unnerfing the arbalest. It was literally better than the arquebus in every single way before the patch. Now it does slightly less damage. If the enemy has DR. And depending on how much you can eat the -5 to accuracy from the arquebus. Clearly Obsidian lost their mind ... making the arbalest so much better in the first place.

• Like 1

Honestly, Chanters are a fun tactical stun fest. I have three chanters. Kana, my PC, and another companion. Doorway battles are...amazing! Good luck getting in to do melee damage! Stun wave! Oh you want to use mages? Guns and arbalests...and Fireballs! Staying away from me? Phantoms and skeletons in your padoodle! It's great! Although, I might change to warbows with this nerf...I'll have to...test it out.

Nerf of Sure-handed Ila = no chanters in my party.

I never did like the bard archetype, and was not a fan of chanters in particular (which fitted perfectly in the "mediocre jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" mold), but this particular boost made chanter an efficient addition to my ranged rogues + ranged ciphers assassin party. Now the minstrel just does not pull her weight and was promptly replaced with another arquebus-wielding rogue.

But honestly, nerfs in a single-player game are the pits. If not for IE Mod that allows character respec, things like this can simply break people's games once they find out their character no longer does what they expected it should.

@Shdy314 Actually they had nerfed the arquebus for the release version. It used to be even more powerful than the arbalest. It needed a nerf but I guess they just forgot about the arbalest when applying it. (They might have over-nerfed it though; currently the blunderbuss is all-round better, and it kinda doesn't make sense to me that ruffians get better firearms than soldiers, and two of them to boot. I've been hoping they'd give it a mild buff. But then I'm partial to musketeers... :sigh:)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Even with the nerf, Ila's is still quite strong.  

As long as you have at least 3-4 reloading ranged characters, I'd bring a chanter still.  

I thought about that.But since we talk about range chanter, he wont be much of a use in terms of invocations (maybe summons) since he wont reach the front lines.I would take druid instead (bear) .He will be much usefull, and can shapeshift in case of some mob break trough tank.

I thought about that.But since we talk about range chanter, he wont be much of a use in terms of invocations (maybe summons) since he wont reach the front lines.I would take druid instead (bear) .He will be much usefull, and can shapeshift in case of some mob break trough tank.

long as you have at least 3-4 reloading ranged characters, I'd bring a chanter still.  

I'm not sure why you think he won't reach front lines.  

If you go with a custom character or IEmod Kana, you can get high Int.  

Place them in the mid-ground and they'll reach both front lines and the ranged just fine. 

It's still a very useful buff like others say if you use a fair amount of firearms. A lot of my encounters involve sticking Eder in a narrow space like a steel garden gnome and using the other five to shoot bullets till they're dead. Give Chanter's a shield weapon set and they can switch to an off-tank fairly nippy.