You just overloaded your own servers

Luj1

... and who knows how long its going to last. And also now your employees will have their hands full. All because of compromising game quality and artistic expression for a few whiners; and succumbing to LGBT lobby demands (probably).

You decided to please a few, now you have to explain yourself to thousands and thousands.

Guess it wasn't worth it, huh ? No rest this weekend I guess....

• Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Why do you [super awesome internet dudes who definitely dont live with their mothers and who are super courageous making big statements behind the anonymity of a computer] people always have to reference the LGBT people as being the source of your problems? I don't think everyone else thinks about being gay as much as you do...

Knife-fight-plunger-lick.gif?

Amen to that. I wonder what InXile would do. I cannot be sure ofcourse, but no way in my mind would have Mr. Fargo succumbed to such irrational petty whinning, he's a real old-school developer.

They'd likely just have a laugh, and focus on the really important patch stuff. Not these mincy lot though.

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

The limerick wasn't their own content.  It wasn't even very creative, and it literally makes zero impact on the game.  These are reasons that that calls for censorship were ridiculous, but they are also reasons why being upset about the removal are ridiculous.  You are pretty much sinking to the level of the people that bother you.   :thumbsup:

and it literally makes zero impact on the game.  

Then why remove it ?

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

Because something that is not relevant needs to be ignored. Because changing the irrelevant makes it relevant.

Taking offense in that poem serves only one purpose: Generating clicks (attention) for people who are unable to generate attention by doing anything relevant. Ignoring them is the right thing. Force them to do/say/be something relevant.

While I personally find the moral crusading over the original limerick to be silly, the outrage from its mutually agreed upon change is just rich.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Couple of hours ago the site wouldn't even load. Weekend is coming [insert customary Ned Stark meme]

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

... and who knows how long its going to last. And also now your employees will have their hands full. All because of compromising game quality and artistic expression for a few whiners; and succumbing to LGBT lobby demands (probably).

You decided to please a few, now you have to explain yourself to thousands and thousands.

Guess it wasn't worth it, huh ? No rest this weekend I guess....

ShuUUUUuuuut UppppPPppp

Couple of hours ago the site wouldn't even load. Weekend is coming [insert customary Ned Stark meme]

True, it wouldn't load a couple of hours ago. And a couple of hours before that, and two days ago, and during launch. Dunno what to tell you. Couldn't get anything done for three days because connection kept timing out. It's running like a beast now. :shrugz:

I don't understand why people should boycott a game, whatever that content is in the game or not, if you like your own personal twitter politics more than one pointless few sentences in one of the best RPGs that came out in recent years, then you should give video games a break and actually use your sense of outrage to do something that matters more.

If Obsidian decided they should change something through a patch, then they change it, its their game their creative decision.