problem with quest log and load and continue on startup

matthewfarmery

Question

I have checked my steam files, but I have two bugs with 1.03, the first one is, that upon starting the game, load and continue are greyed out, (going into the options menu makes those options appear)

but I have a more serious issue,

I started a new character, and for some reason, quests aren't getting added to my quest log, I picked up a few quests, but they simply aren't there.

www.matthewfarmery.net/poebugs/

for my save and output log

but the game is pretty broken for me, not sure what else to try? as I was looking forward to playing with the new patch,

I hope this gets resolved soon.

if you need anything else let me know

7 answers to this question

looks like I can't edit posts after a certain time,

I have fixed the issue, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, quests now trigger correctly, seems this is a problem with the patching system? not sure, but the quest log seems to be ok when I started a fresh char. going to mark this as solved, at least for me, anyone else having a similar issue, I recommend doing the same,

• Like 1

can anyone confirm this? as this is pretty gamebreaking for me,

oh yes, running on windows 7 64bit, the quest system was working before the patch, but this is totally ruined the game for me, as I can confirm this 100%

so can anyone please start a fresh char and see if quests get added to the quest log, as nothing is appearing for me.

edit, the game is doing another update, will test that and update if the problem remains

edit 2

quest log empty still, even my old saves have no quests (even though I dione a lot of quests with my char)

going to reinstall the game, not sure what else to try, as the game is broken for me

Edited by matthewfarmery

I too am having this same issue and I'm also on Win7 x64.

Symptoms are the exact same.. Continue/Load options greyed out at first, reachable by waiting for them to load and clicking options and going back to the main menu.

Upon game load my quest log was blank (I was in Defiance Bay, Act 2) and I was unable to interact with any NPCs. 

I haven't tried making a new character and seeing if the issue persists in a new game.

thank you, at least I'm not alone, this is a major gamebreaker, can a dev please respond to this? I have resorted to installing the game again, but not sure if that will do anythjing, but thanks for confirming this.

@elbozz

yeah that bug does seem simar, but for me, my quest log is completely blank, even for an old char, so nothing is appearing, but thanks for confirming this

Edited by matthewfarmery

thank you, at least I'm not alone, this is a major gamebreaker, can a dev please respond to this? I have resorted to installing the game again, but not sure if that will do anythjing, but thanks for confirming this.

Agreed, this makes the game completely unplayable for me.  What were some of the cirumstances surrounding your bug?  My party was in Act 2 and I had just got my final companion character.  I've tried loading multiple saves (regular, auto, and quick) but all of the above have broken quest log.  I happened to have a companion character on a stronghold mission and hadn't claimed the reward yet, and I've seen some bugs regarding the stronghold UI dates being wrong, I'm not sure if the two are connected or not.

I've done no modding or altering of the game files whatsoever in an attempt to fix previous bugs.

looks like I can't edit posts after a certain time,

I have fixed the issue, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, quests now trigger correctly, seems this is a problem with the patching system? not sure, but the quest log seems to be ok when I started a fresh char. going to mark this as solved, at least for me, anyone else having a similar issue, I recommend doing the same,

This issue is solved for me as well, I'm not sure what was causing it but it seems to have.. fixed itself?  I just loaded up the game again and it seemed to be working.  Odd.  No reinstall or anything.