I love how you think anyone will take you guys professed motives seriously when your posts lecture about how misgendering is ok.

Like, credibility went all the way out the window there.

Do you even know what "misgendering" means? Would you care to point me to what posts "misgender" somebody? I've been reading the replies here and I haven't seen anybody misgender anybody else. I might have glided over those parts you see so clearly, or you might just be making up words and definitions, like that twitter person and their "transmisogyny".

Here are some definitions:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misgender

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/misgender

Calling a trans woman "he" or "it" when their preferred pronouns are "she/her" is called misgenderingTransmisogyny is basically the intersection of transphobia and misogyny: misogyny that trans women face primarily because of their trans status. This isn't very difficult to understand. 

It can't be misogyny because they're not women. Calling someone "it" is not misgendering, it's dehumanizing. It's not misgendering because they're not women, if you called a woman "him" then that would be misgendering. I'm all for their individual rights, they can refer to themselves how they want, I might even humour them personally, but gender is completely subjective, they have no right to dictate how others percieve gender.

I wasn't the one making flagrant claims that one side of the discussion was a vast minority. You all sound like children.

"Where's your source?"

"I DON'T KNOW, WHERE'S YOUR SOURCE YOU HYPOCRITE?"

lol.

I'm a transgender woman and i think it was a ridiculous overreaction made by some drama queens.

• Like 12

Down with censorship in any form

Let freedom live again

Trans people should be able to speak their minds even if offenceive

Bigots should be allowed to speak their minds even if their word offend

Gays should be allowed to speak their minds even if some find it offensive

Indeed all should be allowed to speak their minds no matter what they content of their statements

Let the freedom of speech live, in the true sense not just the legal

Can game designers change something about their game if they want as well?  Or is that not covered?

Of course they can. Now the question remains - why did this get through the testing, production and coding of the game completely? All it took was a single person to complain.

Game has a lot of words. There are typos too. HOW DID THOSE SLIP BY???

• Like 1

This is my first post on this forum. Well nice job Obsidian, you clearly know your priorities. A mad misandrist who wants to kill all men or the backers who supported you....By the way try to replace men by jew or blacks before taking seriously another request of this type. Lets hate mobs rule our games! Even if their only difference with nazis is their lack of the power necessary to genocide....

Sorry but i wont feel the mood to back another project of yours anytime soon. What the **** happened to "we answer only to our backers"? Most of the people approving the change on your kickstarter page are not backers...

• Like 4

Let freedom live again

Indeed all should be allowed to speak their minds no matter what they content of their statements

Can game designers change something about their game if they want as well?  Or is that not covered?

They can. Sounds like they were pressured by the hate mob in this case, though.

• Like 1

Also this person (he/she) issued a thanks to Josh Sawyer on Twitter for listening to her.. Well, Josh, Im never gonna support your projects ! Youre weak !

• Like 2

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

I do like seeing the devs on the "currently reading" section but none have any guts to come out and speak. They're all cowards. Yes, if you haven't realized yet, I'm not happy in the least.

They already said that the issue will be addressed in the next community update. Which I suppose means blog entry.
  • Like 1

CBW3V0iWcAAWeVy.jpg

How do you feel now Obsidian?

Like their critics are using Gamergate graphics. In other words, prettt ****ing justified.

Like the other ones using words like problematic and toxic. Have you heard about Patton Oswalt's newest Twitter rant? This fits right into it. And  he was even someone who said a lot of stuff against gamergate. 

http://www.avclub.com/article/patton-oswalt-wrote-53-masterful-tweets-welcoming--217368?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Edited by Darji
  • Like 5

Let freedom live again

not if a backer paid $500 for it

Even if they asked said backer and said backer said it was okay to change it? 

Gamergate

There's that fallacy again.

They already said that the issue will be addressed in the next community update. Which I suppose means blog entry.

They already posted the update on the Kickstarter page - It frankly reads like the word of a politicial. I'm sure you can find a quote of the entire thing here.

Edited by Mansen
  • Like 1

Ha, the devs are watching. Welcome to the ****storm you made. 

I hope they are watching I hope they learn that caving to a tiny minority can invoke the wrath of an angry majority

and by an tiny minority I mean one person

Honestly, I don't understand at all how we can have a game with stillborns being a central subject, with a town full of corpses hanging from a tree, how you murder people left right and center. What about the sanitarium? Isn't that "triggering" to someone?

And the one they find offensive is a limerick. Which they then censor.  What if I complained about the story about the lesbians on religious grounds because I find that offensive? Hey what about the sanitarium? That's triggering to me, it's stigmatising mental illness etc etc. Please remove it! You could go all day.

Come on.

• Like 8

I do like seeing the devs on the "currently reading" section but none have any guts to come out and speak. They're all cowards. Yes, if you haven't realized yet, I'm not happy in the least.

Oh I doubt any explaination will be good enough now. That boat sailed oh... when this started....

• Like 2

A few people on a forum does not a **** storm make. Most people don't give a crap, and are actually just playing the game.

Forums very rarely reflect reality.

Just like Twitter.

• Like 2

No it's not. It just random garbage writtend by someone that had 500$ to waste. Him/her and all the others.

Gee.  Thanks.   I'll try to avoid making that mistake again.

Hope you enjoyed the game!

Didn't mean to insult. It's phrased a bit lame-y (it's 2:30 am here), the waste was supposedly related to the ability to get some words in the game under the form of epitaph.

It's seems very silly to me. And pretty useless.

The 500$ that went to pay the guys who made the game are much welcome.

• Like 1

A few people on a forum does not a **** storm make. Most people don't give a crap, and are actually just playing the game.

You abstain from being heard by choice, but even going by your post, here is the thing: it works both ways (and dare I say, goes in double for Twitter).

Let freedom live again

This point is very true and part of the reason people should calm down.

Unfortunately there's evidence to suggest it wasn't their own decision but one that caved to coercion. No definitive proof mind you, but highly suggested and a very logical conclusion, thus people are up in arms demanding answers....

I see zero evidence. Just because someone made a stink doesn't prove that it was fear of that person (a terrifying, big bad Twitter person, oh no!) that resulted in the change. The only thing that's a given is that the Twitter person brought it to their attention.

"Even if they asked said backer and said backer said it was okay to change it?"

You think he really had a choice? What do you think Obsidian does if he tells them he doens't want it changed? L0L He had no choice. NONE. ZERO. NADDA. ZILCH.

• Like 5

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually you would be surprised. It is not a few people and it is just not this forum....

You are entirely correct, then again the same thing goes for social media, if to a lesser extent since it can very quickly spread to gaming sites.

• Like 2