You're not obligated to refer to a person by their preferred gender, no.  You're just kind of a jerk if you don't.

Unless people are willing to wear gender specified pin badges or are willing to show some kind of up-front documentation, people will call it as they see it. See something that in your mind relates closer to man than woman? You're probably going to address them as "he" - Judging by their clothing, hair and style would be a completely different manner of -ism, since we aren't allowed to force or assume gender roles in a modern society either.

"Fell" to his death. Instead of killing himself because he was ashamed that he slept with someone who was 1) presenting themself as a woman and, 2) was, in fact, a male. 

If there's anyone who is painting the poem in a certain light in order to serve his agenda, it's the flagrant bigots flooding this thread.

The hypocrisy rises.

Edited by Mansen

Oh how I agree with you thats the beauty of free speech I can say something and you can disagree, but these days if I say something thats politically incorrect I can be fired from my job or even evicted from my living quarters. How is that free speech

Basically because it's still not the government imposing those consequences on you, which is the only protection Americans are guaranteed; if your landlord doesn't want to rent to you, or your employer doesn't want someone expressing your views representing their company, that's legally their decision.

Personally I do find it something of a grey area, but that's gist of the reasoning.

What part of my post was wrong? Can you show me where alcohol was mentioned in the limerick? Because you're telling me that I'm misreading the poem by inserting transphobia and homophobia while simultaneously asserting that there was alcohol involved. I just want you to show me where the poem mentions alochol.

The part where you imply that the limerick was written with the sole intent and purpose to repress the homosexuals and transgendered people, when it is clearly entirely up to personal and subjective reason. Also - to quote the typical television or motion picture. [No Transgendered people were harmed during filming], which is entirely on point since the only one to get hurt here is the poor bloke who ended up in bed with something he didn't expect or wish and fell to his death.

"Fell" to his death. Instead of killing himself because he was ashamed that he slept with someone who was 1) presenting themself as a woman and, 2) was, in fact, a male. 

If there's anyone who is painting the poem in a certain light in order to serve his agenda, it's the flagrant bigots flooding this thread.

Because he was an idiot... For ****s sake... This whole thing makes fun of the guy killing himself and not the may or not trans person. 

Edited by Darji
  • Like 4

I'll call it an 'it' if I want to call it an 'it' ... what it gonna do? Cry?

I don't know, man. I suppose they'll be angry at you. Why are you quoting me, anyway?

Wow, Im so affected over it becoming angry at me over the internet that I should suddenly start censoring myself.

• Like 1

"Proof? You're assuming the side you want to believe. Their claim is to the contrary."

The proof is that Obsidian put it in the game. It's only been removed because they were bullied, intimidated, and shamed into it. This is UNDISPUTABLE.

"Seriously? This is how you want to be seen by others on the internet?

I don't care if you disagree with her, that's fine. i find the whole thing bumpkis. But to call her an "it" and a "disgusting creature"?"

Truth hurts but it's the truth. Nazis need to be called out. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

People are very quick to turn this into a censorship vs. bigotry issue. But here's the thing: if the creators of the game decide that something is in poor taste and want to remove it from their work, that isn't censorship. It's only censorship if they felt forced to do something they wouldn't otherwise have done.

The flawed assumption here is that Obsidian is caving in to pressure somehow. I think it's more likely that they were alerted to content that they didn't care for and wouldn't have chosen to include in the first place had they caught it. The latest update from them suggests as much.

Well said.  I imagine when their attention was brought to the limerick and they thought about how a transgender or homosexual might take it they thought it was something they'd rather not have in their game.  The reactions of people on these forums is downright bizarre to me.  They're acting like actual game content was changed or something.

It's too bad Obsidian missed an opportunity to stand up to the outrage crowd.  While the replacement limerick does slightly scold the act of being replaced, it can't mitigate the entire action.

I won't say I will refuse to play any more Obsidian games, but I sure as hell won't be backing them on Kickstarter like I did PoE, or paying for them.

I badly want to support companies like Obsidian, but they and others like them continue to cave into the SJW daily outrage mobs and have left me with no other choice. 

Until Obsidian and others start listening to the *paying customers* instead of twitter mobs, no more money for you.

• Like 2

WweVsO3.jpg

Disgusting inhumane creature. That thing in the screenshot that is.

You know what she will never have? Periods.

Its him, bro.

• Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

What part of my post was wrong? Can you show me where alcohol was mentioned in the limerick? Because you're telling me that I'm misreading the poem by inserting transphobia and homophobia while simultaneously asserting that there was alcohol involved. I just want you to show me where the poem mentions alochol.

The part where you imply that the limerick was written with the sole intent and purpose to repress the homosexuals and transgendered people, when it is clearly entirely up to personal and subjective reason. Also - to quote the typical television or motion picture. [No Transgendered people were harmed during filming], which is entirely on point since the only one to get hurt here is the poor bloke who ended up in bed with something he didn't expect or wish and fell to his death.

Where does it state this in the limerick, again? I don't recall reading anything saying the person was presenting themselves as a woman, which seems to be what people are basing the idea this is transphobic on.

• Like 2

Plus, we don’t have to make compromises with a publisher. We make the development decisions, we market the game, and we don't have to answer to anyone but you – our fans.

Seems Obsidian decided that the twitterellas are their real fans.

Let that crowd fund their next game then and we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3

Oh how I agree with you thats the beauty of free speech I can say something and you can disagree, but these days if I say something thats politically incorrect I can be fired from my job or even evicted from my living quarters. How is that free speech

Basically because it's still not the government imposing those consequences on you, which is the only protection Americans are guaranteed; if your landlord doesn't want to rent to you, or your employer doesn't want someone expressing your views representing their company, that's legally their decision.

Personally I do find it something of a grey area, but that's gist of the reasoning.

Thats my whole point legally it still exists, perhaps your not old enough to remember but there was a time when it existed beyond the legal system when it was real, when if someone said something dumb or bigoted people said back your a dumbass but I respect your right to say such things

I like the "something," too.

Okay, guys, gals, and people who prefer some other group identifier, not that this hasn't been fun but I think I'm gonna go play my shiny patched game now.

• Like 1

How do you know that the other person presented himself as a woman? That he was a male is clearly stated in the original poem, but not the first thing you take for granted.

The outrage over this is beyond ridiculous from my perspective.  The joke is clearly offensive to homosexuals and transgenders.  Would the people who are supporting it and saying it shouldn't have been changed have the same attitude if it was a racist joke?

It is not offensive to transgenders it doesn't even allude to the person is trans and I'm gay and found no offense.

• Like 5

I'll call it an 'it' if I want to call it an 'it' ... what it gonna do? Cry?

I don't know, man. I suppose they'll be angry at you. Why are you quoting me, anyway?

Wow, Im so affected over it becoming angry at me over the internet that I should suddenly start censoring myself.

No, man, you don't understand. I was merely saying that you have quoted the wrong person.

• Like 1

Haha for a few days after launch everything was calm and everyone was enjoying Pillars of Eternity.

Until Obsidian opened the Pandora's box by yielding to this individual.

And now they have their hands full.

Guess next time they'll stay out of stuff like this like real game developers?

ALSO.... this person thanked JOSH SAWYER personally on Twitter !!    Rly, Josh ?

• Like 2

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Except, there's not time and date, and this link leads nowhere. What are you doing, Luj1?

https://twitter.com/icequeenerika/582574820669407233

And neither does this:

http://t.co/b61YIo2iW

Learn 2 source. Pictures are as non-credible as they can be.

Oh you mean "learn to source a blog post that can be removed retroactively by anyone, leaving photographic and potential bot crawled states intact" ?

Yeah... there's this thing about the Internet where people can delete stuff they've said and those links will magically break after such happens.

• Like 2

Because even many transsexual people thought this is ridiculous.  And I am sorry but there are far fewer nut jobs out there than moderate ones. And these moderate ones are now fighting against censorship.  And thank you for insulting me.

Did they really? Which ones? How many?

We can ask that same question of you. How many? Who?

Except, there's not time and date, and this link leads nowhere. What are you doing, Luj1?

https://twitter.com/icequeenerika/582574820669407233

And neither does this:

http://t.co/b61YIo2iW

Learn 2 source. Pictures are as non-credible as they can be.

Oh you mean "learn to source a blog post that can be removed retroactively by anyone, leaving photographic and potential bot crawled states intact" ?

Yeah... there's this thing about the Internet where people can delete stuff they've said and those links will magically break after such happens.

REKT.

• Like 1

Down with censorship in any form

Let freedom live again

Trans people should be able to speak their minds even if offenceive

Bigots should be allowed to speak their minds even if their word offend

Gays should be allowed to speak their minds even if some find it offensive

Indeed all should be allowed to speak their minds no matter what they content of their statements

Let the freedom of speech live, in the true sense not just the legal

• Like 3