If you think calling someone a tranny and misgendering them is ok then that's I need to know about this outrage.

While tranny is generally, but not always, used as a slur misgendering someone (especially since from their point of view they are not misgendering someone but correctly identifying their gender) is not a hateful bigoted act.

Not everyone agrees with transpeople about what gender they are.  Many feel they are in fact their biological sex and not the one they transitioned to.  This is not intolerant or hateful.  People will often extend the courtesy of referring to a transexual as the gender they would prefer even if they do not agree that they are their transitioned sex, but it is a courtesy.  They are under no obligation to alter how they feel about it and they are not being insulting if they choose not to extend that courtesy.  A transexual person if free to take offense if this happens, and many will, but they have no reasonable expectation to be able to dictate another person's opinion on this matter.

Being offended is not some trump card that means you get to win an argument or force someone else to change what they believe.

The only people allowed to decide what gender they are are those people themselves. Anyone else's opinion what it ought to be does not enter into it.

• Like 2

Holyyyy. Gasp in awe as everyone's inherent bigotry comes to the forefront.

Why do you feel "trans" inviduals need more protection (from mere words!) than anyone offended by

Some levels depict chamber floors covered in large pools of blood. During the course of the game, players can interact and purchase services from a prostitute—no sexual act is ever depicted. The dialogue can also reference sexual material (e.g., “The prostitute holds her hips, thrusting her chest forward as you come near her” and “But if he spreads a rumor that her lover has just visited a brothel and acquired a pox on his loins, she'll end it on her own.'). The word “f**k” appears in dialogue.

?

Do you think they really are completely and utterly mentally unstable and should be confined to a padded room for their own protection?

Your diction is proving my point. Putting quotes around 'trans' as if it's some imaginary thing -- some make believe group that thinks they're more special than everyone else.

Obsidian has marketed Pillars of Exile as a dark fantasy game with a rating and warnings that reflect such. If people find blood and death and sexual content and coarse language to be triggering, then clearly this is not a game for them -- as it is advertised as a game that has content with these themes. 

A padded cell? Hyperbole isn't going to do you much justice here. Comparing the advertised content of a game to a transphobic and homophobic limerick that evaded the vetting process and was hidden is silly.

hateful white male agenda

Am I on Tumblr right now?

In no way was that poem "transphobic", if anything it was mildly homophobic, but was much more "ALCHOLICPHOBIC" or whatever people like you would call it.

You need to get a thicker skin, and stop trying to censor everyone around you.

Or maybe just leave your politics at home while reading a joke.

That poem was wholly transphobic and homophobic. Someone found out that they'd mistaken someone for a woman and killed themselves in shame. Because they slept with someone that they identified as being a woman, but was in fact a male. He killed himself with sleeping with a male -- homophobic. He killed himself for sleeping with someone who thought was a male, but presumably presented herself as a female -- transphobic. Slept with this person out of their own volition, mind you; there was literally not a single mention of alcohol in the limerick. Not one. You guys are the ones framing the limerick in the haze of an alocholic stupor. 

Yay, caving in to the demands of those that most likely didn't even buy the game.

Oh it's much worse. It's caving in to the demands of a twitter tranny who likes to to tweet disgusting genocidal fantasies. Yet zealously expects others to live by a strict moral standard he would never, not even for a split second, apply to himself. I mean the thought would just never register.

Yeah, so, this is part of the crux of the issue. I mean, we can just start with the simple use of the word "tranny" here and the egregious misgendering of the person in question. People spewing hateful comments like this about someone who has been consistently targeted by cruel messages from misogynistic men who are wishing rape, death, and maiming on them is really muddying your intentions.

Let me get this straight: Erika is all of these awful things you're casting them as, but when they fights back against a torrent of hate by writing a misandrist joke -- which is what you guys are characterizing this limerick as; a harmless joke -- suddenly they're an awful wench and a tranny? That's a pretty awful double standard. What you're saying is "I hate you Obsidian, you're so awful! I won't buy your product because you got rid of a harmless joke! Screw this tranny for ruining my game! They're so awful! Look at them, making harmless jokes about men who have sent them death threats! How dare they!" Grow up. This is about hateful gamers being entitled pissants about something that doesn't affect them.

If you are sucidal enough that mere words trigger you, there's nothing hyperbolic about putting you in a padded cell for your own protection. The world isn't going to change for them, so the only thing that can ensure their safety is actually treating them (instead of invasive physical surgery that actually increases suicide rates) or taking them away from ropes, falls, guns, cars, sharp objects ect. which can only be acomplished through involintary commitment.

Eric's kill all men was not a joke. He made that very clear on repeated occasions

• Like 6
Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

Obsidian, you had a choice to make: satisfy your audience who helped keep your company alive.

OR

Cater to a crowd no larger than 100 people globally, who have an agenda, and fire up games with the sole purpose of finding something to become offended about.

Not only did you chose someone who uses the KillAllMen hashtag seriously over your loyar fanbase (can't stress this enough: which you can thank for keeping your company afloat), you also set a precedent for self-censorship.

In tha name of gamers everywhere, thank you. Thank you for letting us all down.

Holyyyy. Gasp in awe as everyone's inherent bigotry comes to the forefront.

Why do you feel "trans" inviduals need more protection (from mere words!) than anyone offended by

Some levels depict chamber floors covered in large pools of blood. During the course of the game, players can interact and purchase services from a prostitute—no sexual act is ever depicted. The dialogue can also reference sexual material (e.g., “The prostitute holds her hips, thrusting her chest forward as you come near her” and “But if he spreads a rumor that her lover has just visited a brothel and acquired a pox on his loins, she'll end it on her own.'). The word “f**k” appears in dialogue.

?

Do you think they really are completely and utterly mentally unstable and should be confined to a padded room for their own protection?

Your diction is proving my point. Putting quotes around 'trans' as if it's some imaginary thing -- some make believe group that thinks they're more special than everyone else.

Obsidian has marketed Pillars of Exile as a dark fantasy game with a rating and warnings that reflect such. If people find blood and death and sexual content and coarse language to be triggering, then clearly this is not a game for them -- as it is advertised as a game that has content with these themes. 

A padded cell? Hyperbole isn't going to do you much justice here. Comparing the advertised content of a game to a transphobic and homophobic limerick that evaded the vetting process and was hidden is silly.

hateful white male agenda

Am I on Tumblr right now?

In no way was that poem "transphobic", if anything it was mildly homophobic, but was much more "ALCHOLICPHOBIC" or whatever people like you would call it.

You need to get a thicker skin, and stop trying to censor everyone around you.

Or maybe just leave your politics at home while reading a joke.

That poem was wholly transphobic and homophobic. Someone found out that they'd mistaken someone for a woman and killed themselves in shame. Because they slept with someone that they identified as being a woman, but was in fact a male. He killed himself with sleeping with a male -- homophobic. He killed himself for sleeping with someone who thought was a male, but presumably presented herself as a female -- transphobic. Slept with this person out of their own volition, mind you; there was literally not a single mention of alcohol in the limerick. Not one. You guys are the ones framing the limerick in the haze of an alocholic stupor. 

Yay, caving in to the demands of those that most likely didn't even buy the game.

Oh it's much worse. It's caving in to the demands of a twitter tranny who likes to to tweet disgusting genocidal fantasies. Yet zealously expects others to live by a strict moral standard he would never, not even for a split second, apply to himself. I mean the thought would just never register.

Yeah, so, this is part of the crux of the issue. I mean, we can just start with the simple use of the word "tranny" here and the egregious misgendering of the person in question. People spewing hateful comments like this about someone who has been consistently targeted by cruel messages from misogynistic men who are wishing rape, death, and maiming on them is really muddying your intentions.

Let me get this straight: Erika is all of these awful things you're casting them as, but when they fight back against a torrent of hate by writing a misandrist joke -- which is what you guys are characterizing this limerick as; a harmless joke -- suddenly they're an awful wench and a tranny? That's a pretty awful double standard. What you're saying is "I hate you Obsidian, you're so awful! I won't buy your product because you got rid of a harmless joke! Screw this tranny for ruining my game! They're so awful! Look at them, making harmless jokes about men who have sent them death threats! How dare they!" Grow up. This is about hateful gamers being entitled pissants about something that doesn't affect them.

Censorship is the biggest form of bigotry, even bigots should be allowed to speak their mind

even if they are crazy crackpots

• Like 4

Honestly, if you're not transgender then you'll never understand what it's like to live in a society that simultaneously fetishes you and yet hates you and laughs about killing you. The fact that Obsidian listened and modified the joke is a rare concession from a society that loathes us. And it's not like we evil trans feminists are going to root through all your favorite games and maliciously remove everything you like. And if you genuinely feel the game is made less because of this joke's removal, then that says a lot about the kind of person you are. 

Dude, I play TF2 with a trans dude almost weekly.

Trans people are just that: people. Of all different colors, stripes and personalities. A teen once asked if the trans guy prefers to be referred to by "he or she." The response? "I don't really care man, you can call me a dragon for all I care." Commentary to this issue? "I don't really care." IT'S ALMOST AS IF TRANSGENDER PEOPLE CAN BE REALLY LAID BACK AND EASY-GOING OR SOMETHING!

I'm so sick of this stupid little argument that being a part of a group puts more value and weight into your opinion and makes you the authority on the matter. Yes, your insights are to be valued in that it shows a perspective that can exist from that group, but the reality is that there are so many people that are so diverse in this world that you can find opposing, conflicting views within any race, gender, orientation, disability - you name it. I can show you a racist black guy, I can show you a disabled guy who spends all day crying and ranting about how unfair it is to be disabled, I can show you a transgender person that's super casual about it and I can show you a gay guy that insults things by remarking "that's gay."

You do not hold royal authority over what an entire group of people think.

Furthermore, not once did that limerick fetish you, kill you and laugh about doing so, or even hate you. It was a joke about a guy's masculine image being shattered through his own concious actions, as far as I'm concerned; the focal point wasn't on the trans character at all. To bring up or even cite any examples of media that has treated you in the ways you describe is completely 100% irrelevant to this issue.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 13

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

In retrospect, this is getting a bit silly

Obsidian didn't remove the backer entry, the developers contacted the backer who made it and he or she agreed to submit a different limerick, which mocks the people who wanted it removed. In this regard they aren't disrespecting the backer's wishes, because he or she paid for the tier and agreed to do it. I, personally, would have just ignored the tweet altogether, but at the same time I don't own or run a business.

You can argue that it's a slippery slope, and Obsidian will make more major changes to avoid offending people in the future, but this is a game where you can kill children, where kids with animal souls in them become ravenous undead, where genocide is seen with regularity, where a woman gets raped, and so on. I'm having difficulty seeing the developers do a complete 180 from this just because a backer agreed to change a poem, especially since virtually none of the backer content has any major effect on the main campaign and could be completely ignored altogether. This applies to the memorial itself, which actually has several immersion-breaking entries that the player needs to go deliberately out of the way to find.

You can argue that it was a waste of time and a distraction from the patch, but really how long does emailing a backer take? I've seen some of the developers on here at 2 o' clock in the morning, discussing bugs on the forums. It's not like they all gathered in a conference room and had an 8 hour debate about the issue; they were probably more focused on fixing bugs.

In the end of the day all I'm concerned about is the games. While I would have preferred for Obsidian to just ignore random people on the internet I'm not distrubed by this either, because I can't see how this will significantly affect content now or in the near future and this was ultimately something the backer consented to. I'm not really concerned about people on Twitter feeling victorious or "winning", because the politics don't really concern me and come off as petty.

Where does it stop? Now that they know Obsidian will cave when confronted, what will they want when they come for the mile? Obsidian already gave them the inch. 

That is the problem. You say you are worried about the games. This WILL affect the games. 

Dude, listen to yourself. They changed a backer poem. In a memorial in the middle of nowhere, that serves no in-game purpose other than referencing the backers. They didn't even remove the entry, they changed it with the backer's consent and it mocks the people who wanted it removed. None of the backer content is even significant to the game, there are even people requesting mods for it to all be removed. How, in any way, is this going to affect games in the future?

You really do not know about the slippery slope do you. 

Look at the post below yours and above mine. The twitter screenshot. 

Lol, my point is quite proven. They are coming for the mile. 

In retrospect, this is getting a bit silly

Obsidian didn't remove the backer entry, the developers contacted the backer who made it and he or she agreed to submit a different limerick, which mocks the people who wanted it removed. In this regard they aren't disrespecting the backer's wishes, because he or she paid for the tier and agreed to do it. I, personally, would have just ignored the tweet altogether, but at the same time I don't own or run a business.

You can argue that it's a slippery slope, and Obsidian will make more major changes to avoid offending people in the future, but this is a game where you can kill children, where kids with animal souls in them become ravenous undead, where genocide is seen with regularity, where a woman gets raped, and so on. I'm having difficulty seeing the developers do a complete 180 from this just because a backer agreed to change a poem, especially since virtually none of the backer content has any major effect on the main campaign and could be completely ignored altogether. This applies to the memorial itself, which actually has several immersion-breaking entries that the player needs to go deliberately out of the way to find.

You can argue that it was a waste of time and a distraction from the patch, but really how long does emailing a backer take? I've seen some of the developers on here at 2 o' clock in the morning, discussing bugs on the forums. It's not like they all gathered in a conference room and had an 8 hour debate about the issue; they were probably more focused on fixing bugs.

In the end of the day all I'm concerned about is the games. While I would have preferred for Obsidian to just ignore random people on the internet I'm not distrubed by this either, because I can't see how this will significantly affect content now or in the near future and this was ultimately something the backer consented to. I'm not really concerned about people on Twitter feeling victorious or "winning", because the politics don't really concern me and come off as petty.

Where does it stop? Now that they know Obsidian will cave when confronted, what will they want when they come for the mile? Obsidian already gave them the inch. 

That is the problem. You say you are worried about the games. This WILL affect the games. 

Dude, listen to yourself. They changed a backer poem. In a memorial in the middle of nowhere, that serves no in-game purpose other than referencing the backers. They didn't even remove the entry, they changed it with the backer's consent and it mocks the people who wanted it removed. None of the backer content is even significant to the game, there are even people requesting mods for it to all be removed. How, in any way, is this going to affect games in the future?

They were willing to change something inconsequential, that they didn't make and that had SEVERAL different interpretations, of which one ONE - the most far fetched one - was transphobia.

If they did this to something this irrelevant, what do you think they will do to something that is not up to interpretation and is relevant to the game?

• Like 1

I'm disappointed this change was made but more concerned about how they managed to get so far into the game without being offended by everything else.

Women giving birth to soulless children is fine? A tree full of these women hung for the crime of giving birth to soulless children is fine? Playing with the souls of others for your own amusement is fine? Murdering thousands of NPCs is fine but a vague joke hidden away in the backer memorials is suddenly this pillar of transphobia that needs to be removed?

At least what it was changed to was an entertaining jab at the people who asked for it to be censored.

• Like 1

I don't care much about the poem itself but I have lost a lot of respect for Obsidian over this. Changing content by caving to outrage culture, you have given power and legitimacy to witch hunters. As seen many times in history, this kind of cowardice results in the victimization of other people. Therefore, in my opinion, a decent human being has a moral obligation to never cave in to hate mobs even if it will cost him personal damage.

From a gamer and customer perspective, this makes me doubt your willingness to continue giving us games with mature content and thought-provoking stories. Some games may be just for entertainment and I like those games too but I was expecting this game to be treated more like a mature form of art that is not afraid to tackle uncomfortable topics, especially since you decided to kickstart it to avoid publisher pressure. To be fair, I am happy with stuff like people hanging from a tree and infanticide but now I am concerned about how much more stuff you will remove if someone decides to get offended by something else. You are giving me the impression that you will stay away from controversial subjects in the future to avoid this kind of situation which leads me to suspect your future games will lack the artistic value I am looking for.

In conclusion, I am quite disappointed in the way you responded to this situation, especially because you were a developer I trusted and respected. That trust and respect is not completely lost but unfortunately significantly shaken. I hope you can gain it back with your future behavior.     

I feel better now that everyone's true motives are coming out now.

and what motives are those?

My motives are a hatred of censorship, I grew up in a county where they told us we had free speech, well across the course of my life I've watched it disappear

and vanish before my very eyes. you have to be careful what you say at almost any moment because there are dire consequences to saying things that offend people.

shall we all show our mouths shut?

All of us will intentionally or not offend some one with our words it happens but we must be allowed to speak those words or freedom is dead

this man PAID to say those words and obsidian took the away more than a refund is in order!

Are you being arrested for expressing offensive opinions (that are not inciting violence)?  No?  Congratulations, your free speech rights are fine.

oh people aren't arrested for speaking their minds here but the you still cant do it you may lose your job or worse, just because the government is not the on suppressing free speech does not mean its not still happening

I feel better now that everyone's true motives are coming out now.

and what motives are those?

My motives are a hatred of censorship, I grew up in a county where they told us we had free speech, well across the course of my life I've watched it disappear

and vanish before my very eyes. you have to be careful what you say at almost any moment because there are dire consequences to saying things that offend people.

shall we all show our mouths shut?

All of us will intentionally or not offend some one with our words it happens but we must be allowed to speak those words or freedom is dead

this man PAID to say those words and obsidian took the away more than a refund is in order!

Are you being arrested for expressing offensive opinions (that are not inciting violence)?  No?  Congratulations, your free speech rights are fine.

I am sorry but if you believe that censorship can only be done through the government you are really naive. Especially in this day and age....

I was addressing the "my free speech rights in our glorious nation are being eroded!" argument.

People not giving you a platform to publish your views, or saying those views are offensive, does not infringe upon anyone's right to free speech.

• Like 1

I love how you think anyone will take you guys professed motives seriously when your posts lecture about how misgendering is ok.

Like, credibility went all the way out the window there.

Do you even know what "misgendering" means? Would you care to point me to what posts "misgender" somebody? I've been reading the replies here and I haven't seen anybody misgender anybody else. I might have glided over those parts you see so clearly, or you might just be making up words and definitions, like that twitter person and their "transmisogyny".

Here are some definitions:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misgender

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/misgender

Calling a trans woman "he" or "it" when their preferred pronouns are "she/her" is called misgenderingTransmisogyny is basically the intersection of transphobia and misogyny: misogyny that trans women face primarily because of their trans status. This isn't very difficult to understand. 

The dramatic overreaction in this thread is ridiculous.

I understand why some people might be sensitive to a joke like that but it was ultimately harmless and the reaction in the first place was an exaggeration anyway. I never like to see content in games changed or censored because someone got upset, but sometimes it's better to be safe.

However, Obsidian handled this in the best way they could have short of not paying any mind to it at all, the backer wrote a new limerick making fun of the first one being removed, nothing was even lost at that point.

Half of you are reacting as bad or worse than the complaints about the limerick in the first place, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
As long as the Backer got a limerick in the game (Which they obviously did) and honestly I think it was improved because of what it means now.

They aren't going to respond to every complaint and change the game into another game based on that, that's just ridiculous.

Don't act like Fox News guys.

Edited by Xiraiya
  • Like 1

TBH the mistake was made at the very beginning, giving the opportunity to a third party (backers) to put content into the game.

And all of you screaming for artistic integrity should also remember that none of this is content created by the developers, but by a third party.

• Like 1

Calling a trans woman "he" or "it" when their preferred pronouns are "she/her" is called misgenderingTransmisogyny is basically the intersection of transphobia and misogyny: misogyny that trans women face primarily because of their trans status. This isn't very difficult to understand. 

Fallacy - Just because you consider yourself to be one gender does not mean everyone is required to respect that and address you as such. That is not transphobia or anything of the sort.

• Like 6

How is it logical to respond to the supposed notion that Obsidian is giving into angry mob demands by making angry mob demands of your own? Isn't that just as, if not worse than what the "SJW" people are doing? "I'm going to undermine everything Obsidian does financially." Really? That's what you are going to do? 

As a gay man myself, I had no issue with the joke in question, or any of the others I have seen. I'm not easily offended and I really don't care what some gamer nerd thinks about my lifestyle. 

Even if they did "give in" to the "demands," how exactly does that spell out the end of Obsidian (and from what some of you are suggesting, THE WORLD ITSELF?) Seriously, with all these new threads popping up, you guys are making more of an issue out of it than the idiots who took issue in the first place. Responding to a minority of "Having a female/gay/black character that isn't 100% against the stereotype is pure evil" touters by insulting the entire LGBT community (seriously, even when it's a feminist or racial issue, you guys always point to LGBT :/ ) any different?

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I found the limerick mildly amusing. I just find the overall reaction to the situation hilariously bigoted and some of the comments here are not only irrational, but dangerously hateful and outright hurtful.

Calling a trans woman "he" or "it" when their preferred pronouns are "she/her" is called misgenderingTransmisogyny is basically the intersection of transphobia and misogyny: misogyny that trans women face primarily because of their trans status. This isn't very difficult to understand. 

Fallacy - Just because you consider yourself to be one gender does not mean everyone is required to respect that and address you as such. That is not transphobia or anything of the sort.

Like this heaping pile, for instance.

Edited by Lasci

The outrage over this is beyond ridiculous from my perspective.  The joke is clearly offensive to homosexuals and transgenders.  Would the people who are supporting it and saying it shouldn't have been changed have the same attitude if it was a racist joke?

The dramatic overreaction in this thread is ridiculous.

I understand why some people might be sensitive to a joke like that but it was ultimately harmless and the reaction in the first place was an exaggeration anyway. I never like to see content in games changed or censored because someone got upset, but sometimes it's better to be safe.

However, Obsidian handled this in the best way they could have short of not paying any mind to it at all, the backer wrote a new limerick making fun of the first one being removed, nothing was even lost at that point.

Half of you are reacting as bad or worse than the complaints about the limerick in the first place, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

As long as the Backer got a limerick in the game (Which they obviously did) and honestly I think it was improved because of what it means now.

They aren't going to respond to every complaint and change the game into another game based on that, that's just ridiculous.

No the best option would have been a toggle for disabling backer messages. Anything else is just unacceptable for me. 

• Like 3

I love how you think anyone will take you guys professed motives seriously when your posts lecture about how misgendering is ok.

Like, credibility went all the way out the window there.

Do you even know what "misgendering" means? Would you care to point me to what posts "misgender" somebody? I've been reading the replies here and I haven't seen anybody misgender anybody else. I might have glided over those parts you see so clearly, or you might just be making up words and definitions, like that twitter person and their "transmisogyny".

Here are some definitions:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misgender

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/misgender

Someone doesn't adress you how you want to be adressed? Tough ****. Words are just words.

"Transmisogny" is the result of sticking words toggether with no understanding of their meaning.

• Like 1

2:they never appoligzed for it, instead they've talked very extensively about how they got physical threats forcing them.

Source?

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/03/divinity-original-sin-dev-talks-boob-plates-sexism-and-moral-outrage/

Ah, what a credible source.

Especially since I missed the Original Sin Kickstarter because, by that point, I was so tired of arguing feminism in general and boobplate in particular over their official forums that I left it in disgust and avoided all things Larian for a while. And yet this article claims the vocal minority didn't speak up until the Kickstarter started?

Larian must not keep a very close eye on their official forum, then.

How can you be so sure of that? They caved in to a loud minority this time over something that was misrepresented by them (possibly maliciously).

If this doesn't show a tendency (of eskewing their playerbase desire in favor of whatever hatemob minority currently demands), then I don't know what does. Perhaps an official statement reaffirming their commitment to their creative integrity would help quell the fear.

• Like 1

2:they never appoligzed for it, instead they've talked very extensively about how they got physical threats forcing them.

Source?

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/03/divinity-original-sin-dev-talks-boob-plates-sexism-and-moral-outrage/

Read through it, can't find the reference to physical threats. Could you please point them out? It's pretty late here, and my text-parsing skill seems to have sufffered heavily.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Would the people who are supporting it and saying it shouldn't have been changed have the same attitude if it was a racist joke?

Yes.

Edited by deuxhero
  • Like 6

How is it logical to respond to the supposed notion that Obsidian is giving into angry mob demands by making angry mob demands of your own? Isn't that just as, if not worse than what the "SJW" people are doing? "I'm going to undermine everything Obsidian does financially." Really? That's what you are going to do? 

As a gay man myself, I had no issue with the joke in question, or any of the others I have seen. I'm not easily offended and I really don't care what some gamer nerd thinks about my lifestyle. 

Even if they did "give in" to the "demands," how exactly does that spell out the end of Obsidian (and from what some of you are suggesting, THE WORLD ITSELF?) Seriously, with all these new threads popping up, you guys are making more of an issue out of it than the idiots who took issue in the first place. Responding to a minority of "Having a female/gay/black character that isn't 100% against the stereotype is pure evil" touters by insulting the entire LGBT community (seriously, even when it's a feminist or racial issue, you guys always point to LGBT :/ ) any different?

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I found the limerick amusing. I just find the overall reaction to the situation hilariously bigoted and some of the comments here are not only irrational, but dangerously hateful and outright hurtful.

That makes Obisidians decision even more stupid. It was a very very small minority who was offended by it and they gave in. Now they get the backlash much much bigger since a lot of people apparently do not like censorship. Go figure.

• Like 3