Doesnt matter if youre ok with it if that guy still got scammed off his $500.

That guy most likely wrote it. Considering its the same style AND its making fun of the whole situation.

Edited by C2B

Well, I've sent an email through the backer portal with a refund request. I'll let you guys know what happens!

And to all the back and forth fighting - I'm not upset. I just don't want to support a company that caves like this. I believe they've gone back on the spirit of the Kickstarter of making a game that answers only to the fans, that's all.

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here...

Vem1NWE.png

Looks like they forgot about their fans once they started seeing all the money raining in. I am so disappointed in Obsidian right now. They were one of the few devs I still trusted :(. God dammit.

P.S.: I like how they allow jokes about dead babies in their game (not even implied) but remove a poem about one guy killing himself.

• Like 5

I hate Unity.

I just can't believe the company caved.

I mean these were idiots getting offended over something that ISN'T OFFENSIVE.

All you had to do was point out what morons they were being and intelligently defend your backer's content instead of just instantly caving and asking them to change it.

I wonder if they would have caved so easily had it been someone questioning something they had written?

• Like 3

I didn't back to see twitter mobs dictate what is acceptable content and what isn't. 

But ultimately this is Obsidian's choice and they will have to deal with the reputation losses.

• Like 4

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

They made a decision. All you really care about is that it isn't the one you wanted. But it was, at the end of the day, their choice to make and not your own.

The decision was made to put it into the game.  Removing it was a reaction to outside influence.  Not their original decision...

• Like 1

Good to know this required a separate thread, what a quaint notion to reply in an active discussion.

Glad to know we can all get angry about this all over again and lose our collective feces about it for the Nth time.

And don't use terrorist in this context.

His memorial was probably one of the cleverest ones included in the game. A pity, if true.

Indeed! One of the more witty and funny ones!

Im not patching my game, firstly because of the new bugs introduced (none of my chars can lockpick), and secondly so I can laugh and revel at that witty joke !

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Caving in to the demands of a genocide advocate, a neo Nazi and their insecure, humourless supporters, i'm sorry but I can't see this as anything but an immoral and cowardly action, such people should not be listened to or given anything, they should only be spurned by right thinking moderates. Tremendously disappointed.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

We will be addressing this in a backer update.

We did not remove the backer's memorial. It is now in Woodend Plains (adding and removing entries can cause the memorials to change locations). We worked in concert with the backer on the issue.

Again, when the update goes out you will have a full explanation of the situation.

• Like 17

Attacking another users person is against forum rules regardless of what you think about world.

Every opinion is valid even if it's utterly wrong and absolute idiotic and don't match with real world. 

Your definition of attack is false and is demagogical.

Also opinions of idiots are not valid by definition regardless of what you think about it.

Let say that you say that you are american and I start to claim that you are actually French, I am actually attacking your person here regardless of what is truth or is it just my opinion because of your heritage or something else. Because I single out you and claim that you don't tell truth or something, instead of talking generally about something.

There is were few valid opinion in world if opinions of idiots aren't sufficed in my opinion.

The "offending" memorial should have been addressed when it was submitted, not down the road when everyone craps themselves.

The scale of the project and the amount of user content to vet makes this, while a fair point, not always something that can happen. If you're rolling fast towards whatever goal you have for getting the content in the game and you've done vetting of the egregious stuff, you don't always have the time or resources to make a second pass. And you're probably leaving the data entry to so many people so things will slip through the crack.

End of the day, something made it into the game that people didn't find commensurate with the quality of the studio and, yeah, Obsidian had to reflect and figure out what they thought was the best choice. I'm speaking generally here and not specifically to you at this point but we can't really begrudge them the choice. It was their's to make and they did.

We did not remove the backer's memorial. It is now in Woodend Plains (adding and removing entries can cause the memorials to change locations). We worked in concert with the backer on the issue.

Again, when the update goes out you will have a full explanation of the situation.

• Like 1

I'm glad they changed it if only to annoy the kind of people who get annoyed at them changing it.  There was no reason not to change the thing and anyone who gets mad at the change needs to re-evaluate their priorities.

The obvious choice would have been to write a script that alternates keeping the text in and removing it every time the game launches.

This way they could have pissed off everybody, because there was sure no way they could please everybody.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT

THUMBS DOWN OBSIDIAN, FOR

1) SUCCUMBING TO FEW WHINY DRAMA QUEENS , OVER THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF FANS WHO FOUND THIS ONE OF THE MOST FUNNY AND WITTY JOKES IN THE GAME

2) SUCCUMBING TO INTERNATIONAL LGBT LOBBIES

3) VIOLATING THE BACKER AGREEMENT, HOPE THIS GUY GETS HIS 500$ BACK

4) BEING WUSSIES AND NOT INCLUDING IT IN THE PATCH NOTES (AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE HAD THE BALLS FOR THAT)

5) COMPROMISING QUALITY JOKES IN THE GAME (AND IN THAT GAME QUALITY ITSELF), FOR A FEW WHINERS..... GOOD JOB, YOU NOW HAVE THOUSANDS OF DISSAPOINTED FANS

OBSIDIAN, UNABLE TO STAND YOUR GROUND.... SON I AM DISSAPOINT

PS: AND IM NOT MAD, MY CAPS LOCK IS BROCKEN

• Like 6

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

To the people who got all butthurt and ragequit'y over Obsidian allowing a silly but benign poem: Lol, get a life.

To the people who got all butthurt and ragequit'y over Obsidian revising a backer contribution in consultation with said backer: Lol, get a life.

PS: Without this whole butthurt fest"controversy", I probably wouldn't even have read the poem, as I skip most of the tombstone entries I find in the game and only read a few random ones. Streisand effect strikes again. So if you're concerned about censorship, relax... ;)

• Like 2

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

TheisEjsing, on 03 Apr 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:Easy there basement dweller.

Got some other idiotic words to include there? Come on, I know you want to say them. Here, I'll help:

-neckbeard

-virgin

-white cis male ****lord

-wailing man baby

There, now you can stop being a condescending jerk.

Edited by Nosmirc
  • Like 6

Still, it is somewhat disappointing that Obsidian listned to some internet trolls who porbably not going to play PoE anyway, instead of people who actually care about them and their work. Even if it wasn't outright removed, it still kinda sucks in my opinion.

• Like 7

I'm not sure people here get the joke in the changed limerick. Because its actually pretty funny.

I admit I don't get the "was also a card" reference. Can you explain?

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Ok good because I was just about to post that while I would urge people to reserve judgement and hear Obsidian out on the matter before grabbing pitchforks, I also wanted to advise Obsidian that this whole controversy is undoubtedly the cause of this INCREDIBLE ****ING FORUM LAG I HAVE TO DEAL WITH and thus a highly watched and popular hot button drama issue, and I could link you to at least two websites right now that are wanting neck measurements on your company employees for caving.

Given that, it's probably wise to clarify everything, what went down and why the decision was made.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?