I

If this is true, I will do my best - however small of an effect that will have - to undermine everything Obsidian does, forever, at least financially. Because this is just unacceptable on so many different levels it's crazy. Caving to the frivolous demands of lunatics that have turned the act of being offended into a for-profit artform is just.. wow.

Not only was there nothing remotely offensive with it, and not only were the accusations levvied by complete and utter lunatics without even a peg-leg to stand on, and not only was it unacceptable to remove it after someone paid $500 for it, but it was genuinely one of the more appropriate memorials by far. In a sea of piss and vomit, it stood out as a funny quib that'd fit on any tombstone of old.

I hate the memorials, I really do, but if they were to be removed, it would be for the betterment of the game. This has nothing to do with making the game better. This has to do with insane people with insane agendas, pushing their insanity onto others.

Word of mouth and customer loyalty fueled their Kickstarter.. now, watch it bury them.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to death your right to say it" - Voltaire

• Like 1

as a backer i'm profoundly disappointed by this move and will note support Pillars of Eternity or the devs anymore if this is true. If they removed a part of game of asswipes , i'm done , btw anyone starting a petition to get it back?

Edited by dimitrii_ss2
  • Like 2

It was changed

http://pastebin.com/kQ74ih37

"Here lies Firedorn, a bard, a poet

He was also a card, but most didn't know it

A poem he wrote in jest was misread

They asked for blood, so now he's just dead"

Edited by C2B
  • Like 2

It was changed

And this thing went from bad to worse... Oh boy.

Well - I'm grateful I never backed this with more than the minimum required for the basegame. I feel so bad for the people who spent hundreds or more, only to be shat on.

It was changed

Well - I'm grateful I never backed this with more than the minimum required for the basegame. I feel so bad for the people who spent hundreds or more, only to be shat on.

Maybe you should check to see if the backer agreed to the change before you go off the deep end?

• Like 4

It was changed

http://pastebin.com/kQ74ih37

"Here lies Firedorn, a bard, a poet

He was also a card, but most didn't know it

A poem he wrote in jest was misread

They asked for blood, so now he's just dead"

My dad was a poet, and this totally offends me!!!!

• Like 7

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

It was changed

Maybe you should check to see if the backer agreed to the change before you go off the deep end?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It could have been that the backer asked for it to be changed to stop the drama.

I have personality disorder, Aloth offends me.

Remove him or else.

Weren't you one that in earlier topic asked Obsidian to make changes how wizards work because you didn't like how they worked? And now you are offended when somebody else asked them to make changes in their game and they did? I am bit confused why you think that one change is against all the morals and other is just good service.

:blink:

• Like 1

Simply disgusting. I would expect this from the disgusting pigs at double fine or any other SF studio but from Obsidian? To cave down to dirty SJW's who probably don't own a single one of your games?

This will be the last Obsidian game I play and I will sure as hell not back anymore of your products

• Like 5

Did they at least get permission from Firedorn to make that change? He should still get his $500 back.

Unconfirmed word on the internet was that he was okay with it being changed; if true it'd seem logical he'd have been a part of the new text.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Remove him or else.

Weren't you one that in earlier topic asked Obsidian to make changes how wizards work because you didn't like how they worked? And now you are offended when somebody else asked them to make changes in their game and they did? I am bit confused why you think that one change is against all the morals and other is just good service.

game balance concerns =/= catering to annoying internet SJW fad concerns

Edited by Parsong
  • Like 9

It was changed

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It could have been that the backer asked for it to be changed to stop the drama.

This kind of drama never stops, because there is always people that feel that their feelings are hurt even if they don't have anything to do with the subject.

It was changed

How is this worse? It makes fun of the people that were too offended (misread/they called for blood) and it was most likely submitted by the same backer after they asked him to change it. (Considering its very similiar in style)

• Like 3

Remove him or else.

Asking for design changes is one thing and asking something to be censored is not the same thing. One is trying to eliminate personally problematic jokes, morals, culture, and ect. The other is mechanical.

• Like 1

Man there's a lot of butthurt in this thread. None of you know the circumstances of the change. You're being utterly irrational about the whole situation. To think OE is the devil now is just absurd.

When you get all the facts and you're still angry, then complain. For now just take it easy and stop pouring foul on the fire. 

• Like 5

It was changed

If the backer is ok with it, good for him.  Its still not ok with me.

What happened here was that Obsidian allowed a tiny number of twitter losers to edit content in their game.  In *my* game.  This is unacceptable.

This is a big game with a lot of 'mature' themes and a wide range of potentially offensive actions available to the player.  Some people will be offended by one or more of these themes and the actions the player can take, or the actions of others in the story.  So what?  Offended people have a choice.  Buy the game or don't.  Consume the content or don't.  Obsidian is letting the offended make that choice for everyone, and that is wrong.  And ****ing stupid.

• Like 6