Beloved Spirits nerf - Is this now worthless? [1.03]

/shrug

I'm not taking it that's for certain. I'll be skipping Ancient Memory as well. It cost two talents for an okay constant HoT and now it's just not worth the 2 talent investment.

If they just combined them and it only cost 1 talent I think that'd be ideal.

• Like 4

It was bad before and certainly not overpowered. Now it is indeed worthless.

That's what I thought. I took them because it seemed like a useful (if not very powerful) regen. Now I guess I'll dump them both...

I was actually under the impression Ancient Memory regenerated more, but it's only 0.8 as it is, I'm going to assume the old +2 from Beloved Spirits was a typo and it was suppose to be +0.2 to make it a round 1?

Either way, I wish I hadn't made a Chanter :(

Yeah I don't understand this.  Prior to the change, its a bad 1 talent investment, a decent 2 talent investment.  Now?  Bad 1 talent investment, worse 2 talent investment.  And Kana starts with it and probably picks the 2nd half of it up on his own if you don't recruit him early enough.

• Like 1

it was 2 talents

for +3 reg, every 4s....with level  1 chants.

now it is 1,2 regg, every 4s...with level 1 chants....

it was the heal, which got weaker with leveling, it was only strong in a 6 chanter party setup with mass summon...and only than.

On items you can get +1 heal every second, which means +4 regg every 4s...

the nerf was totally useless...

I'm starting to lose faith in Obsidian.

How can I dump Ancient Memory and Beloved Spirits talents? Is the only way to use the IE Mod and re-level? I don't care about Steam achievements but I'm a bit concerned it may screw up my save game in some other way.

it was 2 talents

it was the heal, which got weaker with leveling, it was only strong in a 6 chanter party setup with mass summon...and only than.

Ancient memory is only 0.8 to begin with. So now it's just +1 regen for two Talents. Luckily IE mod got updated so I can respec my useless Chanter.

• Like 1

Post-1.03 this is a 2-talent investment that would no longer be a very good use of a single talent slot.  Obsidian, can it just be replaced with something else altogether?  With this and the Ila change, I'm replacing my PC Chanter with a Cipher and starting over.  He's just not enough of a force multiplier for the mediocre companions; I'm thinking an optimized Cipher would be a lot more fun and useful.

it was 2 talents

Ancient memory is only 0.8 to begin with. So now it's just +1 regen for two Talents. Luckily IE mod got updated so I can respec my useless Chanter.

Did you just dump the Beloved Spirits talent and still take Ancient Memory or did you dump both? Cheers.

EDIT: Cut out rubbish.

Edited by Telmorial

Did you just dump the Beloved Spirits talent and still take Ancient Memory or did you dump both? Cheers.

I'm almost certainly going to dump both. 0.8 isn't worth it imo, it was only worth it with Beloved Spirits, which is now worthless.

Edited by Akimbo

I'm almost certainly going to dump both. 0.8 isn't worth it imo, it was only worth it with Beloved Spirits, which is now worthless.

I ended up dumping both. My melee Chanter took a melee talent instead. It's such a pity as it didn't really feel OP before and was a nice class defining talent. It helped but didn't (at least for my party setup) make it OP. I have a feeling Obsidian, for all their great intentions, have a tendency to over nerf.

I mean, who in their right mind would take a talent that now only adds .4 End regen?

I'd love to see a developer/designer post here to explain this nerf. Go for it! :p

It is worthless. The sad part is you cant really take anything better for chanter because thats his only race talent.

Chanter class talents are indeed lacking.  

But this just means you can go Penetrating Shot/Gunner/Weapon Focus/Marksman.

Yay for shotgun party!