Can't interact with locks after patch

Qiox

Question

Was playing fine earlier today.

Just started up again after the patch and I can't interact with locked things.  No message, nothing.  Hover over and the tooltip is all white text, got enough mechanics.  Put when I click on it the mechanic character walks over and nothing happens.  It does not unlock, no popup message, no sound effect.  Nothing.

Can't unlock anything.

Edited by Qiox
  • Like 3

Hey all,

So we got the no voice set mechanics problem figured out, but it seems like you guys are all talking about another issue with your characters losing their voice sets after the patch? is this correct? Could someone start a new thread about that issue?

Thanks peeps

Alrighty guys,

We've figured out the underlying cause of this issue. Adventurers Voice Sets are being erased if you dismiss them and re recruit them in the Stronghold. This is also the case if you recruit an Adventurer while you have a full party because they are put into the Stronghold. We are going to be working on a fix for this in an upcoming update.

Keep up the good work citizens

Ok, so this will be fixed in the next update.  When will that be?  What is the the workaround in the mean time?  My hired rogue is the only character I have that open locks.  Is there a pre-defined NPC I can find that can replace my hired rogue?  If so, where I can find them?  Is there another work around I can use? 

I thought youre meant to test patches to make sure there are no new bugs introduced.

Is this going to be a problem every single time the game is patched, that more things will be broken than fixed? 

This sucks for everyone playing the game on Steam because it auto updates the game. 

Well, I'm not an expert, but I don't suppose that in less than a week you can debug problems, fix them and then test the WHOLE game again.
They probably test the specific problems they are trying to fix, and maybe some major generic things.

• Like 1

They shouldnt release the patch without testing it in the first place.

The new bugs are WORSE than whatever was fixed.

Breaking saved games is the single worst possible bug to introduce with an update.

Edited by Mungri

What Sking suggested worked.

Took out the party member that had high mechanics, went to a tavern and recruited a new one (trying to recreate the same character -1 level). And as it went directly to the party it retained the voice (I can hear him when I click on his portrait for example)

Went back to where I was stuck and unable to open chests and that new custom character which was never outside the party was able to open the chests.

Alrighty guys,

We've figured out the under lining cause of this issue. Adventurers Voice Sets are being erased if you dismiss them and re recruit them in the Stronghold. This is also the case if you recruit an Adventurer while you have a full party because they are put into the Stronghold. We are going to be working on a fix for this in an upcoming update.

I tested this and it works.....

You can remove one person from your party first...

Then buy a new hireling.

As long as you never dismiss the hirling/move them to the stronghold they will be able to open locks without issue.

Alrighty guys,

We've figured out the under lining cause of this issue. Adventurers Voice Sets are being erased if you dismiss them and re recruit them in the Stronghold. This is also the case if you recruit an Adventurer while you have a full party because they are put into the Stronghold. We are going to be working on a fix for this in an upcoming update.

*original post deleted*

I now see a note added to the patch announcement acknowledging this issue and saying they intend to Hotfix it.

I hate to have to start a new game just as much as I hate not playing until the Hotfix is released because I bet it won't be over the weekend :(

Edited by Qiox

Not sure if it is the same problem but i cant loot anything that lies on the ground. I stopped playing recently because of the stats Bug and now with 1.03 i wanted to continue playing. I'm in the catacombs and fighted a Troll and a Slime but i cannot loot the Bodies. The Char just walks to the Body and nothing happens. Dosnt matter wich Char from my group i use, i cannot interact with things on the ground.

You might be stuck in combat.  That could be because there's an enemy nearby that can't figure out how to get to you, or it could be a bug.  Try looking for another enemy; also try leaving the map and returning.

Killing other Enemies was not working. But leave the Game and Reload did it. Everything seems working now. :)

Not to sound ungrateful but how the heck do new bugs get created when a bug fix patch comes out?

So frustrating!

This issue did exist before the patch came out, it's a new spin on an old issue. It was already broken, now it simply has wider effects. Custom character were already losing their voice-sets (as noted in this thread), but that didn't affect their ability to pick locks until this patch.

Alrighty guys,

We've figured out the underlying cause of this issue. Adventurers Voice Sets are being erased if you dismiss them and re recruit them in the Stronghold. This is also the case if you recruit an Adventurer while you have a full party because they are put into the Stronghold. We are going to be working on a fix for this in an upcoming update.

Hiring when not at full party size works, thank you for the quick response :)

Looks like this is fixed? had a 560MB update when I returned home this evening and had no problem unlocking with an older created hireling.

She did have a mans voice while doing it but that matters little to me...lol...

Lockpicking bug is fixed in the second update (1.0.3.0526 -steam)

I can now open chests again in the old savegame I uploaded a few postings before. Sound of lockpicking is fine too.

good job! Thanks

Lockpicking bug is fixed in the second update (1.0.3.0526 -steam)

I can now open chests again in the old savegame I uploaded a few postings before. Sound of lockpicking is fine too.

good job! Thanks

Not fixed in that version. Just encountered the bug for the first time. I will load 1.0.4 now.