Can't interact with locks after patch

Qiox

Question

Was playing fine earlier today.

Just started up again after the patch and I can't interact with locked things.  No message, nothing.  Hover over and the tooltip is all white text, got enough mechanics.  Put when I click on it the mechanic character walks over and nothing happens.  It does not unlock, no popup message, no sound effect.  Nothing.

Can't unlock anything.

Edited by Qiox
  • Like 3

On my PotD play I can only open locks with main character, to me it seems it's an issue for custom characters. (I cannot continue my PotD play due to this, as it's too late to respec the main char to have the high lockpicks needed)

• Like 1

Not sure if it is the same problem but i cant loot anything that lies on the ground. I stopped playing recently because of the stats Bug and now with 1.03 i wanted to continue playing. I'm in the catacombs and fighted a Troll and a Slime but i cannot loot the Bodies. The Char just walks to the Body and nothing happens. Dosnt matter wich Char from my group i use, i cannot interact with things on the ground.

Hey Oiox,

We have an issue in our database about pre patch custom characters (adventurers) with no voice set selected losing the ability to pick locks and disarm traps after updating. Is this your case? if not, could you send me your save file so I can take a peek?

Thanks

Hey Oiox,

We have an issue in our database about pre patch custom characters (adventurers) with no voice set selected losing the ability to pick locks and disarm traps after updating. Is this your case? if not, could you send me your save file so I can take a peak?

Thanks

This sounds like my issue actually. I just loaded up my Hard mode Wizard which I retired which has a custom Rogue with a soundset that has no problems picking locks. My Custom Druid in my Potd playthrough doesn't make any sound for whatever reason when I select her and she can't do anything mechanics related. Do you know how I can fix this?

I hadn't noticed the loss of voices from my recruited adventures, because i was focused on not being able to open anything with the mechanics skill, but it looks like all 5 of my recruited characters lost their voices too.

Not sure if it is the same problem but i cant loot anything that lies on the ground. I stopped playing recently because of the stats Bug and now with 1.03 i wanted to continue playing. I'm in the catacombs and fighted a Troll and a Slime but i cannot loot the Bodies. The Char just walks to the Body and nothing happens. Dosnt matter wich Char from my group i use, i cannot interact with things on the ground.

You might be stuck in combat.  That could be because there's an enemy nearby that can't figure out how to get to you, or it could be a bug.  Try looking for another enemy; also try leaving the map and returning.

I have the same problem with lockpicking. I have a hired female rogue with 10 mechanics and I can't lockpick anything. No sound of lockpicking, no message in the combat log. The game doesn't count lockpicking as an action but all the other characters from my party are able to interact with lockpicks, unfortunately they don't have enough mechanics to open difficult locks. That bug aggravarates the game too much and needs to be fixed. :(

I am also having this issue.

Hirelings with not interact with locked objects.

Any non custom character interacts without issue.

When you click on a locked item with a hireling nothing happens period.

Nothing pops in the locks saying they are making an attempt to interact and they won't move to the location of the object  when you click it either.

Hey Oiox,

We have an issue in our database about pre patch custom characters (adventurers) with no voice set selected losing the ability to pick locks and disarm traps after updating. Is this your case? if not, could you send me your save file so I can take a peak?

Thanks

How do I send you the save file?    The sticky in this forum recommends attaching save files to the post but the forum limit is 1 MB attachments and all my saves are 1.2 MB in size?!

Do give you a link to a file hosting site in a post here or what?

Jumping in to say I have the same issue.  I am running a party with 3 of the story NPCs and two custom hires, a druid and a rogue.  My rogue is the one with the mechanics skill, and she can not interact with locked items at all.  

My story NPCs can all interact with the locks, they walk over and get the "need more mechanics" message as usual.  However, my druid, who does not have enough mechanics, can not interact with the lock at all, and neither can my rogue, who does have enough mechanics.

Tried dimiss and rehire as well as several reboots, nothing worked.