Ability still not usable after Patch

Coltaine

Question

*bump*

Come on obsidian, trying hard to be patient but getting annoyed at the whole one bug squashed just so another one can rear its ugly head...

This makes 3 bugs I've encountered in one play-through and each one makes me more annoyed at the unfinished state.

Please hire some testers, or more.. We backed this game not to be beta-testers but to have a complete gaming experience.

I feel the same. I actually stopped playing the game as this (among other things) really irritates me. And usually I do not start playing a game again that I stopped playing. I don't want this happening here as I was really anticipating this game (even before it was announced)

*bump* Once again, wondering where this is with the Devs as for a Fix...  If this was made aware by the team back on (or before) the 8th, then I would consider this to be already addressed in upcoming patch or hotfix and just being tested.  But then again, the QA person was asking for reproducible steps, which kinda leads me to believe the post was PR to deflect further inquiry possibly.

Also, for the record:  Because of this bug affecting my party and being a very important part of strategy (Eder's "Into the fray" ability) I decided to just reload and lose the 6 hours of gameplay I had accrued since noticing/being affected by the bug.

However, once reloading I had been a couple hours in when I noticed the *same exact* ability greyed out - with the familiar "ability already activated" message.  Thankfully, I had quick saved prior, not after.  Making it clear that I can no longer quicksave or risk overwriting any game progress, and have to backtrack once again hours previous.

Seriously, you guys make great games but not worth playing the same sections multiple times in one playthrough because of bugs that slip by.

Fix your ****.  Please.

Thanks.

The way that our patching system works, we have multiple fixes in at one time as we fix different big issues. We then have to make sure that version of the game runs properly as other fixes get implemented at the same time. The upcoming patch will have a retro-active fix, that whenever a game is loaded, it should reset all abilities to their proper state. Even after this upcoming patch there may still be some methods of acquiring this issue that slipped through the cracks, but if it does pop up again you should be able to save then load to fix the broken ability and continue playing.