Ability still not usable after Patch

Coltaine

Question

All my bugged encounter abilities are still broken as well. Don't think I've seen a Developer respond to this issue since the game went live. The only post I found that dealt with the issue was from back during the Backer Beta where they said it was a 'known issue'. I'm starting to wonder how much good that actually does.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with takedown.

Steps:

Make Itumaak attack an enemy and get stuck/knockdown while doing so.

End combat while Itumaak is stuck.

Itumaak runs to the place where the enemy was and uses the ability on the body.

Skill is now stuck.

For me at least it happened this way.

And here is a DB link to the save which was too big to upload.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw6fg6qdp5vzd72/8aafecc05c074c619d19694ce8eb8ada%2013725234%20CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

• Like 1

I have the same problem with takedown.

Steps:

Make Itumaak attack an enemy and get stuck/knockdown while doing so.

End combat while Itumaak is stuck.

Itumaak runs to the place where the enemy was and uses the ability on the body.

Skill is now stuck.

For me at least it happened this way.

And here is a DB link to the save which was too big to upload.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw6fg6qdp5vzd72/8aafecc05c074c619d19694ce8eb8ada%2013725234%20CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

Nice dude! Now they have a way to reproduce the bug so it can be fixed. Thanks!

How do we get a developer to see this?

To me it happened with Aloth's Grimoire Slam and Itumaak's Takedown.

I think it has something to do with the character dying when I'm casting Withdraw on them, but I don't want to test it in case it works and I have one less ability to use.

Make a proper save first to reload from and then test it.

I could not reproduce it, I did notice however that abilities become "already activated" in the exact moment they are being used(when the animation is ending), and most of the time it just flashes but sometimes it lasts longer, so I'm guessing that's when they get stuck. I also found something very curious, one figurine I bought has one activated ability, the first time I used the figurine, the ability was already stuck on activated, maybe it shares the same object with the enemies and it might have stuck when I fought one.

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

Hi,

I'm not sure that this caused the issue in my case (but I really can't say for sure), but I guess it happened for my while activating this ability and dying with the char, at almost the same time. But I don't have a savegame before the issue occurred.

• Like 1

Hi, i've noticed that if Itumaak's target for any possible reason is beyond his reach and dies while the takedown ability was activated it would be impossible to use the ability in combat starting from the next encounter. Hope this helps.

Edited by heckhold
  • Like 1

I have an instanced save from right as I fired a Wounding Shot with Sagani.  I created a topic regarding the quicksave issue specifically, but as it seems, it also belongs in this discussion.  Wounding Shot was Already Activated forever on Sagani afterwards, even after dismissing/recruiting her several times.

Link to Dropbox file