Not getting the Blade of the Endless Paths

Emerwyn

Question

I've finished the quest, got the two parts of the blade, the pommel stone and the shaft or whatever they were named, went to Dunstan and gave him all. There was a little fade out, and the guy doesn't have the blade for me. In my quest log it shows still as if I have to retrieve the finalised blade from Dunstan, but he doesn't offer any conversation or any indication that he has anything to give me. 

At first I thought maybe I'd have to wait some game time to give him time to forge it, but it's been 17 ingame days and I keep coming back to the Crucible Knights base, and he keeps having nothing for me, and not even having any conversations. Is there any fix for this? I was really looking forward to seeing the sword, feels like it's the "big reward" from doing Endless Paths and finding all its secrets and I got nothing out of it.

3Fkd6sA.jpgfirhgOJ.jpg

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Still not getting the blade. I'm 100% sure now this is a bug.

If it helps anything, I delivered the quest while Dunstan was in the map room since the Crucible Knights had just been attacked by the Forge Arrmor Knights (or whatever they were called) and that might have broken the quest somehow, though I don't see how it'd matter, but adding the info just incase.

I didn't get any "received item" notification, but when I checked my inventory there it was.  It's an estoc called "The Blade of the Endless Paths".  Check your inventory.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

There should have been a conversation immediately after where he handed it to you, so it seems like a script trigger didn't fire for whatever reason. As stated above, though, make sure to check your inventory/stash to see if it slipped in.

You can add the Blade to yourself using the console, but it will prevent you from getting any achievements on the current playthrough. To do so:

1. Open up the console (default key is ~ on PC).
  2. Type in "IRoll20s" (without the quotation marks).
  3. Open up the console again and type in "AddItem estoc_endless_paths 1".

This will add the Blade of the Endless Paths to your character.

Edited by Anthony Stark

I didn't get any "received item" notification, but when I checked my inventory there it was.  It's an estoc called "The Blade of the Endless Paths".  Check your inventory.

Nah, it's not there, and as you see the quest isn't completed either, so I don't know what to do.

Oh well, in the bright side, Estoc isn't part of the Soldier Specialization, so it wouldn't completely suit my 2-handed weapon character. Would have hurt more if it was a Sabre or a Greatsword. 

Edit: Yeah, won't touch the console, but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the tips. 

Edited by Emerwyn

Still not getting the blade. I'm 100% sure now this is a bug.

If it helps anything, I delivered the quest while Dunstan was in the map room since the Crucible Knights had just been attacked by the Forge Arrmor Knights (or whatever they were called) and that might have broken the quest somehow, though I don't see how it'd matter, but adding the info just incase.

Same issue for me, and same setup: I spoke to Dunstan in the map room instead of by his forge.

Same problem here, NEVER fixed ! 

I'm still amazed to see that they consciously stop taking care of a game full of bugs to start the development of another that will know the same life cycle. We send them feedback in due time (Obsidian forums), they say "Yes, we're aware of these bugs and they'll be fixed with next patch" but eventually nothing happens. They just let it rot away.

Getting this blade is a real pain in the @§§ but still, if we make the wrong decision at the wrong time, then the blade becomes a bittersweet memory.