Companion Attribute changes in 1.03?

I loaded my game after the patch and checking Eder, Kana and Hiravias...I don't notice any changes to their attributes.  Does anyone know what was changed or if this change is, for some reason, not compatible with existing saves?

I loaded my game after the patch and checking Eder, Kana and Hiravias...I don't notice any changes to their attributes.  Does anyone know what was changed or if this change is, for some reason, not compatible with existing saves?

Just to cover the bases: they were affected by the stacking attributes bug, yes? If so, try saving the game, exit completely, then reload. See if that works.

Two different issues here.  I was talking about attributes, Might, CON, etc.  I checked Eder, Kana, Hiravias and they had no attribute changes in 1.03.  So I assumed that that fix did not go live for some reason or that it required a new game to take effect.

In another thread http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72070-companions-builds-ouch/page-11 someone reported that there were two minor changes made to Pallegina and Hiravias only...

Anyone feel like making a side-by-side comparison? I get the feeling that they changed the Attributes of the CNPC:s instead of actually fixing the Attributes, which is just all kinds of super-terrible design.

Edit: Yup, I was right. This is just ****ing idiotic.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Anyone feel like making a side-by-side comparison? I get the feeling that they changed the Attributes of the CNPC:s instead of actually fixing the Attributes, which is just all kinds of super-terrible design.

Maybe earlier in development. Now that the game is out and people have already made characters, changing them would harm a lot of players. So actually I think it's the right decision to just change their stats.

From what people have been saying on other threads, it seems that a new game is required to get the new stats if you've already recruited someone.

Wow that is terrible.

Unavoidable. They'd have to force the companions to respawn entirely in order to enable the new stats.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Maybe earlier in development. Now that the game is out and people have already made characters, changing them would harm a lot of players. So actually I think it's the right decision to just change their stats.

Doesn't matter. I would rather have a savegame mildly screwed with than to have something broken be broken forever. I am not surprised at all, because I have already said that I would be very surprised (pleasantly) if Obsidian dared to actually keep working on the game and the Attributes post-release, despite potential backlash from nooblets, but it doesn't make it any less sad to see them taking the easy coward's way out, instead of continuing iterative improvement.

Furthermore, the glaring Attribute issues were pointed out as far back as BBv435, when the current setup was introduced. They should've been fixed then and there. The reaction now when the masses have showed up and weighted in on the quite obvious issues present is quite frankly bad, and nothing short of caving to mob rule.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Doesn't matter. I would rather have a savegame mildly screwed with than to have something broken be broken forever. I am not surprised at all, because I have already said that I would be very surprised (pleasantly) if Obsidian dared to actually keep working on the game and the Attributes post-release, despite potential backlash from nooblets, but it doesn't make it any less sad to see them taking the easy coward's way out, instead of continuing iterative improvement.

I for one do not want to play a game that is still so much in development that the meaning of stats can suddenly change after I've spent many hours playing a character.

I also don't think we'll ever have an attribute system that pleases everyone. Might as well make the best of the one we have and focus on getting rid of those bugs instead of redesigning things.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken, Pallegina have -1Perception +1 Resolve and she have been in my party the entire time. Nothing on Kana/Aloth/Durance. The other I don't know.

Edit : from elsewhere on the forum :

Did a run to collect the companions on easy

Sagani

• Mig- Con- Dex- Per- Int- Res

• 13 - 14 - 11 - 18 - 11 - 10

to

• 15 - 12 - 15 - 13 - 13 - 10

Pallegina

• 12 - 13 - 11 - 15 - 13 - 14

to

• 12 - 13 - 11 - 14 - 13 - 15

Hiravias

• 14 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 11 - 10

to

• 14 - 13 - 12 - 13 - 15 - 10

Grieving Mother no change

Edited by solmyr
  • Like 1

Aloth:

• 12   10   11   16   16   13

to

• 12   10   15   12   16   13

Eder:

• 16 - 16 - 11 - 10 - 13 - 12

to

• 16 - 16 - 11 - 12 - 10 - 13

Durance:

• 14 - 15 -- 9 -- 9 - 13 - 19

to

• 14 - 13 -- 9 -- 9 - 15 - 19

• Like 1

Aww, I liked tanky Durance. Sad day. :p

These really aren't retroactive though? That's silly. Can probably retroactively fix them with some mods though if Obsidian insists on keeping it non-retroactive. :p

For those who want to avoid losing xp: 

Just install IEMod and set the newly recruited companion to the right level.

Losing xp? How so? 

Are you referring to starting a new game to get the new stats or is there some change in the patch bumps their xp down?

I started over with the new patch. When I picked up Kana, his stats were

Mig 16

Con 12

Dex 9

Per 14

Int 16 (17 with hat)

Res 10

So -1 int?

His Base Int is 17 like pre-patch, just that his +1 int hat doesn't give the +1. And When remove the hat he got -1 penalty. I think Dev erroneously delete the int bonus from the hat. You can click at his Int to see the he has base 17.

If you save then load, his stat will be corrected and will be the same as original.

Edited by sanpats

I started over with the new patch. When I picked up Kana, his stats were

Mig 16

Con 12

Dex 9

Per 14

Int 16 (17 with hat)

Res 10

So -1 int?

His Base Int is 17 like pre-patch, just that his +1 int hat doesn't give the +1. And When remove the hat he got -1 penalty. I think Dev erroneously delete the int bonus from the hat. You can click at his Int to see the he has base 17.

If you save then load, his stat will be corrected and will be the same as original.

Correction: This mistake was exist before patch 1.03.