I feel bad for the non-steam people

I seriously doubt you feel bad, probably just want to provoke them and spark an argument.

Regardless, it is what it is. 

your right I dont feel "bad" per say (at least no worse than I always do)   but I do feel that non steam folks got shafted

• Like 1

Indeed, this seems nothing more than Steam fanism at work. I've got the GOG version and, oddly, I don't feel bad for me. World's not going to end just because I may have to wait a couple more days for a patch.

• Like 4

your right I dont feel "bad" per say (at least no worse than I always do)   but I do feel that non steam folks got shafted

Thing is, it's no secret that patching on Steam is much easier for the devs to deliver, so if you've bought from GOG, at least, you're delusional if you think you're going to get patches as quick as Steam users.

*edit* But I don't mind the wait, as it gives me an opportunity to see what, if anything, the patch borks up as sometimes happens. So then I can decide whether to apply it when it becomes available or wait for the hotfix.

Edited by Ink Blot
  • Like 1

Lol, Origin.

Anyway, I'm a big supporter of GOG, that's no secret at all. But they really, really need to work on their patching process. That's just how it is. I also think it's annoying as hell that Obsidian/Paradox just defaults to Steam, without considering GOG or similar, but at the same time, it's somewhat understandable, considering that GOG does have this reputation of being slow as hell with redistribution compared to Steam.

But yeah.

Lol, Origin.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Lol, Origin.

Anyway, I'm a big supporter of GOG, that's no secret at all. But they really, really need to work on their patching process. That's just how it is. I also think it's annoying as hell that Obsidian/Paradox just defaults to Steam, without considering GOG or similar, but at the same time, it's somewhat understandable, considering that GOG does have this reputation of being slow as hell with redistribution compared to Steam.

But yeah.

Lol, Origin.

From what I understand, GOG often gets patches as fast as Valve does. They just take time to test it out with their installer to make sure it works.

And Origin? Believe it or not, for my purposes, I like it better than Steam.

Thing is, it's no secret that patching on Steam is much easier for the devs to deliver, so if you've bought from GOG, at least, you're delusional if you think you're going to get patches as quick as Steam users.

I had no idea that GoG would take an extra half a week to deliver the patch. How would I have known?

Lol, Origin.

But yeah.

Lol, Origin.

From what I understand, GOG often gets patches as fast as Valve does. They just take time to test it out with their installer to make sure it works.

And Origin? Believe it or not, for my purposes, I like it better than Steam.

This is true, the "problem" is entirely on GOG:s end. They need to streamline the patching process, it's not made for recently released/currently patched games, and that's why they are having issues.

Which is all kinds of annoying, and something they should work on.

t50aJUd.jpg

I miss the days when there was just one version of the game

You mean... back when bugs were permanent and nothing ever got fixed?

Actually I do, too. It meant people were a lot more careful about what they released, and bugs tended to be hard to find. 

I miss the days when there was just one version of the game

You mean... back when bugs were permanent and nothing ever got fixed?

Actually I do, too. It meant people were a lot more careful about what they released, and bugs tended to be hard to find. 

oh you could get patches back then I once contacted a company about bugs and the mailed me a set of 3.5 floppy disks with a patch lol

• Like 1

I have GoG and as stated in another thread this was to be expected, nothing new. I chose GoG for other reasons anyways. Still gonna keep playing. I hope the patch works. ;P

Edited by SeekDWay

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I had no idea that GoG would take an extra half a week to deliver the patch. How would I have known?
Because it always happens with GOG? If it's your first new game from them, then I sympathize.

I have it on GOG and I don't feel bad, this is exactly what I expected and agreed to. I'm more surprised to see someone actually bought Pillars on Origin. :p

• Like 1

I seriously doubt you feel bad, probably just want to provoke them and spark an argument.

Regardless, it is what it is. 

Well, I'm a GoG buyer, and I feel bad for me...

Yep, I have it on GOG and I'm really not happy about this.

I've never purchased a new game through GOG before, so I guess this is my own fault for not doing due diligence, but I kind of figured that the DRM-free nature of it meant there was no reason I'd depend on the storefront for patches.

For you guys that didn't know about it, I do sympathize. It sucks to have to wait a couple more days, be it really isn't the end of the world. It's incredible the amount of butthurt that's swirling around on the GOG PoE forum over this though.