Patch 1.03 is Live on Steam

I don't know why people are so upset about not getting the patch, it's broken several things so far. Lockpicking is totally broken on my Potd save, some people are crashing when loading previous saves and others are getting infinite experience, to name a few.

I guess my question would be if there is a patch file that was sent to GoG, why can't the devs just throw a link to a copy of that file on the pillars of eternity site for us to download?  or even slip it into our products page?

The site just about crashed from us all simply trying to generate our keys at the same time; I doubt they're currently set up to handle patch distribution too.

I have a question. If i find a hacked update and install it (i bought on GOG) will there be any consequences? (im not saying ill do it)

I am not sure what you are asking. You mean if you copy files on top of your current installation?

From Obsidian's perspective I would advise against it. It may work perfectly fine... or it may completely destroy the state of your game.  Or maybe something in between. We won't be able to support any issues you might have if you encounter any.

I guess my question would be if there is a patch file that was sent to GoG, why can't the devs just throw a link to a copy of that file on the pillars of eternity site for us to download?  or even slip it into our products page?

The site just about crashed from us all simply trying to generate our keys at the same time; I doubt they're currently set up to handle patch distribution too.

I guess, but technically I should not be worrying about steam or GoG, since I paid a little extra to get a DRM free CD.  I don't really mind waiting all that much, other than I paid $70, much more than I usually pay for games, because this game was awesome...and so far I have no boxed copy, and no patch, where as people that paid half what I did through steam are able to play a patched game.

It seem path 1.03 fixed stat-stacking bugs on attributes and defenses, but not on endurance and health. I tested with my affected save file.

I confirm that, my Edér have around 100 health over what he should. No big deal for my part, but I guess other may be less lucky...

It seem path 1.03 fixed stat-stacking bugs on attributes and defenses, but not on endurance and health. I tested with my affected save file.

I confirm that, my Edér have around 100 health over what he should. No big deal for my part, but I guess other may be less lucky...

Is it only the retroactive part of the fix that isn't working or can you still increase Eder's health infinitely by saving and reloading on Gilded Vale's map?

Edited by Kimuji

@ the Obsidian devs: could you please provide a standalone build of the patch installer (or even just the naked binaries for manual install) for the GoG users?

GoG will likely not act before tuesday next week (because of the holidays), and i suppose there are a lot of GoG customers who would very much like to make use of the holiday for playing your amazing game! i'm one of them, but i cannot continue playing until i get the patch (raedric's hold crash)

Edited by cdd
  • Like 3

Thank obsidian for having removed the "problematic" tombstone, it proves that bankes that made possible the game not worth a twitter a drama queen.

We will be addressing this in a Backer Update later today (hopefully, later today).

• Like 1

GOG purchaser here. I can easily wait for the patch. This too shall pass.

I find the apparent competition or comparison between a Steam game downloaders and a GOG game downloaders childish. It's just not that important people. Relax.

We all support and want to play Pillars Of Eternity.

I guess, but technically I should not be worrying about steam or GoG, since I paid a little extra to get a DRM free CD.  I don't really mind waiting all that much, other than I paid $70, much more than I usually pay for games, because this game was awesome...and so far I have no boxed copy, and no patch, where as people that paid half what I did through steam are able to play a patched game.

Well, it's a downside of choosing GOG, having to wait for a time to get patches; Steam was another option available to you and others.  Still is, potentially, if you got a second digital key recently in your backer portal like I did.

Thank obsidian for having removed the "problematic" tombstone, it proves that bankes that made possible the game not worth a twitter a drama queen.

We will be addressing this in a Backer Update later today (hopefully, later today).

Well, non-sarcastic thanks from me, at least.

• Like 1

Is it only the retroactive part of the fix that isn't working or can you still increase Eder's health infinitely by saving and reloading on Gilded Vale's map?

I don't even know the exact trigger that caused him to gain health. My best guess is that it was with second chance from his armor when I was fighting over forest trolls in the black meadow, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, saving/reloading from the map of Gilden Vale didn't cause any issue so far.

Just a quick question.  Is this screenshot comparisson accurate?

https://twitter.com/ExcaliburLost/status/584074243048112128

If so, may I ask why you gave in to the cries for censorship?

It's that character's fault for being stupid enough to kill himself over that.

It's not like it's an insight into Obsidian's view on the world or anything, that would be ridiculous to look at it like that.

I say stand by your lore or don't include it to begin with, but I mainly feel that way because I always hate seeing any sort of game being compromised in any lore/world capacity because of things like that.

Edited by Xiraiya

I believe, from my testing, that the issue of stat-stacking bug due to save/load in the recruiting area is solved, but the retroactive fix doesn't work on endurance and health. AOE, Attributes, and Defenses is fixed though.

Can't you host a patch in the backer portal for the gog users as well?

If I was to install the game from the cd that will hopefully arrive at some point, there needs to be a way to patch that game up anyway since I could use all my keys on steam.

This is rather dissappointing. I'd like to express my gratitude and stuff, but since I'm locked out of the patched game for another 3-4 days of my holiday that's kind of hard to do.

The physical cds come with steam keys. When you install via cd - logs into steam and updates your game.