Patch 1.03 is Live on Steam

Hey, everyone. The 1.03 patch is live on Steam. To make sure your game updates you will probably want to completely quit out of the Steam client and jump back in.

GOG and Origin will be going through their own QA process before putting the patch live on their end. I expect it will take them a couple of days to run through that process on their side.

Please check out this blog for the patch notes.

A backer update will be posted later today (if nothing major is found with the patch once it goes live).

Thanks.

• Like 21

Can't you host a patch in the backer portal for the gog users as well?

If I was to install the game from the cd that will hopefully arrive at some point, there needs to be a way to patch that game up anyway since I could use all my keys on steam.

This is rather dissappointing. I'd like to express my gratitude and stuff, but since I'm locked out of the patched game for another 3-4 days of my holiday that's kind of hard to do.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 6

Hey, everyone. The 1.03 patch is live on Steam. To make sure your game updates you will probably want to completely quit out of the Steam client and jump back in.

GOG and Origin will be going through their own QA process before putting the patch live on their end. I expect it will take them a couple of days to run through that process on their side.

A backer update will be posted later today (if nothing major is found with the patch once it goes live).

Thanks.

Why would you not release the patch standalone for gog users?

Why isn't the old tried and true formula of releasing a patch via downloadable installer (or even just files you copy over your installation) available?

How are you going to handle patching for those of us who have physical DRM-Free disks coming our way?

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 8

Hey I updated and went to play, and my custom adventurer cannot open a locked chest despite meeting requirements. There is no interaction with it, but Durance can interact without the required mechanics, it just says he can't do it. Did the patch somehow break custom characters unlocking things?

Many thanks to the whole team for the great work on this great title!  :)

Can hardly wait to get my fingers on the update.

So, there isn't any other way for GOG players to get the patch earlier than via GOG itself? (Of course we can't demand this.)

(See: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75150-p2p-patch-distribution)

Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 1

What does that mean, Steam doesn't test patches before releasing them?

No.

t50aJUd.jpg

Curious about this myself

Free games updated 3/4/21

Thanks.

Why would you not release the patch standalone for gog users?

Why isn't the old tried and true formula of releasing a patch via downloadable installer (or even just files you copy over your installation) available?

How are you going to handle patching for those of us who have physical DRM-Free disks coming our way?

Seconded on the standalone patch. This release has been the worst experience regarding gamebreaking bugs I've had in many years, coupled with lots of silence from the developers and now even more delays, which is all the more disappointing because I REALLY REALLY REALLY like the game and I'd like to play it if you'd let me!

• Like 3

hmm...My battle-forged stacked bug is still there..

My fire godlike still has 8 extra DR...not sure is a good thing or a bad thing in Path of the Damned... :w00t:

Maybe I should start a new game since I'm NOT that far into the game, but I want to make sure if the bug is fixed or not..

Edited by junk11

No. We test Steam patches internally. They perform no special QA because I have direct access to uploading builds on Steam. Steam also automatically generates patches without Valve needing to do anything.

This is not the case with GOG and Origin. I have to submit builds to them and they perform the uploads. They also do separate QA on the builds they make.

• Like 4

Many thanks to the whole team for the great work on this great title!  :)

Can hardly wait to get my fingers on the update.

So, there isn't any other way for GOG players to get the patch earlier than via GOG itself? (Of course we can't demand this.)

(See: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75150-p2p-patch-distribution)

Keep up the amazing work.

We are currently working on a standalone patcher and hope to have it complete in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 19

Seconded on the standalone patch. This release has been the worst experience regarding gamebreaking bugs I've had in many years

Really? You don't play many games.

Guys, come on. You knew the deal going in when you opted for GOG. Their patching process is dog slow. You can't whine about your choice now.

• Like 9

Hey I updated and went to play, and my custom adventurer cannot open a locked chest despite meeting requirements. There is no interaction with it, but Durance can interact without the required mechanics, it just says he can't do it. Did the patch somehow break custom characters unlocking things?

Bug confirmed. I have only a custom adventurer. He is a rogue who opens locked chests but with the new update I cannot use his ability because when I click on the chest he doesn´t move. The main character and premade companions interact with chests (like always, even if the don't have enough skill) but my custom rogue not :(

Steam has self-publishing. That means Obisidan uploads their stuff and Steam distributes it automatically. No further human interaction. Other services like GOG have humans handle all this, which is why...