How did you end the 'Blood Legacy' quest?

Hi there,

I've just completed this quest and found it pretty enjoyable. I killed the Lord as he was manipulative/a fairly nasty piece of work.

I'm wondering how others chose to end this and if there are any consequences with our choices?

Thanks  

I had Grieving Mother with me and she managed to undo the ritual from the girl.

Saving the girl, I sent her into hiding.

However afterwards I killed the lord myself. Doing it silently is an option and it nets Extraordinary reputation with Dyrford. (:

• Like 5

Cipher ending is best ending.

And yeah, Harond needed to die. Too bad the Skaenites planned to do it in the dumbest, most cartoonishly evil way possible.

I understand their goal; they didn't just want to take down Harond, they wanted to take down his whole structure of power. I just couldn't let them hurt the innocent girl to do it!

And yeah, Harond needed to die. Too bad the Skaenites planned to do it in the dumbest, most cartoonishly evil way possible.

I understand their goal; they didn't just want to take down Harond, they wanted to take down his whole structure of power. I just couldn't let them hurt the innocent girl to do it!

That's part of what they wanted, sure. But having his niece kill him wouldn't have accomplished it more than anything else would. Mostly, I expect, they wanted a stooge to do the job for them. You saw that cult - they could've dealt with Harond, but chose not to, because Skaen teaches them not to be interested in justice or improving the world so much as revenge, cowardice and resentiment.

• Like 4

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I ended the quest by letting the girl go with clear memory to the temple and let the Lord go and I didn't take any money from him. I still wasn't sure that the Lord did something really horrible. It used to be common in Medieval times or in some cultures to have children from other relatives than just your wife. So I just didn't feel I had enough power to judge those people. I am an outsider in this culture.

Those Skaen guys speaking of him didn't make me believe them either. I was like: "look who's talking! You have blood all over your tunics and floors". And I found no other proof of the Lord's horrible deeds other than the ugly Skaenist words. Did I miss something?

Sure he isn't the nicest person in the world, but that didn't give me the right to kill him, did it?

• Like 1

I still wasn't sure that the Lord did something really horrible. It used to be common in Medieval times or in some cultures to have children from other relatives than just your wife. So I just didn't feel I had enough power to judge those people. I am an outsider in this culture.

You may be an outsider, but your companions are not. And they were as abhorred as you'd expect a modern person to be.

Furthermore, the lord's transgressions inspired so much hatred and resentment that people were willingly sacrificing themselves to end him and all his family, make them a grisly example to bastards in positions of power who think they are beyond judgement. You can get the vibe from the villagers and journals scattered throughout the temple if Skaenite words are not enough. Also, his demeanor when you confront him with the truth about his niece.

Edit: Dyrford disposition gain (or loss) also indicates how well liked the lord was.

Edited by Primislas
  • Like 3

Edit: Dyrford disposition gain (or loss) also indicates how well liked the lord was.

Well, I am not sure if to count Skaen folk diaries for a good source of information. They seem like a nasty group of people and the Skaen highest priests could be using the average folk to reach their own goals (happens a lot in my experience).

The villagers didn't seem an exclusively nice bunch of folk either, so the reputation with them is of small guidance to my character. They were like "hey we are not telling you anything (also not telling there is a huge foul Skaen dungeon underground), you are an outsider to us, but we hate the lord". Almost everyone hates their bosses and power. It doesn't always have to end in killing them. Maybe the villagers didn't give any information out to me because I was an Aedirian and had little Perception.

For these reasons it didn't feel right to kill more people than I already did by this time in the game. Boy, I found many choices in the game hard, of course.

• Like 1

That's part of what they wanted, sure. But having his niece kill him wouldn't have accomplished it more than anything else would. Mostly, I expect, they wanted a stooge to do the job for them. You saw that cult - they could've dealt with Harond, but chose not to, because Skaen teaches them not to be interested in justice or improving the world so much as revenge, cowardice and resentiment.

Skaen doesn't reward cowardice, he rewards careful planning and subterfuge. You know what is required to make an Effigy of Skaen, right?

I guess you need Grieving Mother or a Cipher PC to get the best resolution? I didn't have either so I had Aelys sent to the Sanitarium. This is my least favorite quest in the game so far -- the Skaen temple is a long and brutal slog and there appears to be no way to truly save the girl in the party configuration that I had. Also, I think I screwed up the order: I picked the lock on the Skull Key door and so only found the note from the tanner much later. Then, when I came out in the back of his shop, he attacked me and I had to kill him (which was actually the best part of the quest... that lying scum so had it coming). Oh well, I'll do it right on a replay.

• Like 2

I killed the girl, I killed the Skaenites, I killed the Lord...I would have piled up all of their bodies in the center of town and burned them to ash if that had been an option.

With a different character I would probably handle the situation differently.

• Like 3

Well the most annoying thing is that you (the player) have a stronghold / keep, instead of sending her out on the road after giving her a pat on her shoulder. Why not (if you are playing as a good character) allow her to stay there? Instead you send out the girl with no experience fighting or anything to go out and survive in the wild on her own. Considering how dangerous this world is, it feels like a evil choice.

• Like 10

Well the most annoying thing is that you (the player) have a stronghold / keep, instead of sending her out on the road after giving her a pat on her shoulder. Why not (if you are playing as a good character) allow her to stay there? Instead you send out the girl with no experience fighting or anything to go out and survive in the wild on her own. Considering how dangerous this world is, it feels like a evil choice.

My keep even has a *chapel* I could send her straight to if she wanted. I was really hoping that would be an option!

• Like 1

I have to agree here.  This is a good way to make the stronghold useful, with the possibility of opening up follow-up quests.  Sheltering Saeda (Heritage Hill kid) and dealing with her inheritance is one such example.

• Like 4

I killed the girl, I killed the Skaenites, I killed the Lord...I would have piled up all of their bodies in the center of town and burned them to ash if that had been an option.

With a different character I would probably handle the situation differently.

I'll do that on my second playthrough with a Bleak Walker. :devil:

Does anyone know if it is possible to infiltrate the temple using the Skaen cultist robes? I had only one when I got there and I sent the main character dressed as them, but they attacked.

sign.jpg

This was a tough quest, I actually did not know what to do and as of today I am still not sure whether I did the right thing (let the girl go to kill her uncles line, I killed the Skaen cultists and their leader and killed the two guys in the broken tower in Dyrford). I have no clue whether I did the right thing here (if you can speak of right/wrong in this particular quest) but I did feel the girl had to live on because she did nothing wrong in the end.

Was a tough one this, hope to see more later ingame ! and I am curious if at some point I will face repercussions because of my actions.

This was a tough quest, I actually did not know what to do and as of today I am still not sure whether I did the right thing (let the girl go to kill her uncles line, I killed the Skaen cultists and their leader and killed the two guys in the broken tower in Dyrford). I have no clue whether I did the right thing here (if you can speak of right/wrong in this particular quest) but I did feel the girl had to live on because she did nothing wrong in the end.

Was a tough one this, hope to see more later ingame ! and I am curious if at some point I will face repercussions because of my actions.

The weak point of this kind of game is that consequences of your actions are usually seen only in ending slides, not in gameplay.

I killed the girl (put her out of her misery - I mean...what sort of life did she have left?), killed all the Skaen followers (right idea, but the wrong methods - especially the leader, I think he was secretly just using the rest to further his ends...how appropriate!), and then got extra money out of the Lord (why this gave me extraordinary good with the Village and a bad hit to the Doemengels is beyond me!).

Seriously, I think this is bugged.  I let him live, and that gets me in good with the Villagers?  And gives me a negative hit in Defiance Bay?

If intended, you got me.

I freed the girl with Grieving Mother and killed both the cult and that disgusting Doemenel. Honestly I was considering making him pay me off but he really didn't deserve to live.   

I only wish you could have given her a home at the stronghold rather than send her away. It was weird. I told her to go to a city seemed silly to keep her nearby where the Doemenels might get her. It was strange you couldn't give her any cash or anything either. 

I cleared the girl's mind and sent her to the temple, then confronted Lord Harond and took extra cash from him. I didn't like him, but having traipsed through the girl's mind, I felt that the vindictive souls did way more damage, and it wasn't clear that her uncle had actually fathered the child. I just found "thoughts and images of a man Aelys once knew as family." Not conclusive enough, and besides that, I was tired of killing people. The innkeeper didn't deserve a bad Yelp review for having a corpse in his room.

I gained reputation with Dyrford and lost it with Defiance Bay. 

The weak point of this kind of game is that consequences of your actions are usually seen only in ending slides, not in gameplay.

For what it's worth, the town criers in Defiance Bay comment on virtually everything you do.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.