Dreams & Visions Missing?

Just entered Defiance Bay and I'm wondering if I'm missing some part of the game. In the journal there's a section for visions that currently only lists the vision I had after being hit by the machine and awakened in the prologue. However, there's a post-rest conversation in which Aloth mentions that I've been having visions of my past lives despite the fact that I haven't experienced any visions since the first. Something similar occurs when talking to Durance; during a conversation with him I have the option to mention how he appeared to me in a vision, a vision I've never experienced. 

Basically I'm wondering if I should have been experiencing a series of visions. I don't want to miss out on any story content, especially on my first time through the game.

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like there should be more than just the stock campfire or adra stone clip for when you rest (at least some of the time).

Well with Durance that whole vision is described in text like conversations/descriptions are done. I just had that happen myself and it's a failry long description of the vision and then you have the convo with him about it. But it was all text that came after the stock resting/camping video. I think a similar thing has happened with a couple other companions but the dialog wasn't nearly as long as the one with Durance.

I don't think we're missing anything from the actual cutscenes. Seems like a missed opportunity but it may have been a budget/time thing and had to be left out.

It does seem like something is missing.  I had a random conversation with Durance that mentioned seeing him as missing half his soul or something along those lines.  I had no such vision or seeing.

Plus, most of the watcher stuff (random things and spirits, not just murder-mystery solver stuff) turns off really quickly and then back on at the end game. There should be something more to this watcher thing than solving minor crimes and having to resort to telling you that you don't sleep well.  The game is entirely unconvincing on its major plot point.

It's important to understand the journal is distinguishing visions by quest. The main plot has several key visions which are only listed under the Visions header. Everything else goes under their respective quests.

It actually makes more sense once you start having the major Visions, and understand why they needed a separate lore section.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread as I think this is possibly a bug. I too felt as if something was missing during the 'Adra Pillar' rest sequence, as companions would often talk to me about me being restless or whatever afterward.

I recently watched the Angry Joe review and saw that there is actually Dialogue supposed to be there: check out 3.16 in www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob91E5DXIdY

I have never seen that dialogue, or any dialogue pop up in the screen during those sequences, and am currently 2/3 of the way through the game. Also on another character 15 hours in there was no dialogue.

I have made a thread about it in the Technical forum: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77149-possible-major-dream-sequence-bug/

could anyone confirm if they get dialogue during the 'Adra Pillar' rest sequence?

EDIT: for some reason posting the full youtube link made my post go all weird so you'll have to copy/paste it

Edited by Gaunt_13

I thought the same thing immediately as soon as I realized that the "dream" cutscene was the same every time you rested. From a design point of view there is really no point to having that happen more than once (or maybe occasionally at random) unless there is supposed to be different content in there - and from a storytelling/lore point of view it seems like fertile ground for adding more hits of lore and a general feeling of mystery.

I'll bet that this was a planned feature that go dropped due to time constraints. They probably made the rest sequence mechanics with the intentions of filling them out later (something you could fluff out fairly easily later on as part of end-level polish) but just never got around to it and the placeholder for all the 1+n scenes just remained there...

I haven't gotten very far in the game yet, but if what others have written above is correct and there are actually other references to thes dreams later on then this seems to support this tentative conclusion.

-Stigma

I recently watched the Angry Joe review and saw that there is actually Dialogue supposed to be there: check out 3.16 in www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob91E5DXIdY

The text at 3:16 is part of a little chat with Berath towards the end of the game, not a dream.

As for the adra stones cutscenes I sometimes get when resting, I have no idea what triggers those or if they are supposed to do anything.