I looked through text files of the game and found out there is supposed to be a quest with Pallegina about Leaden Key and saving the Valian Ambassador.

Apparently there were supposed to be assassins that attacked her at the stronghold while you were away and then she talks to you about this event. However Pallegina never talked about this with me.

Did anyone actually do this quest? What triggers it?

I had something like this after returning to Defiance Bay from Twin Elms

I went to the Valian HQ and there were several Leaden Key Assassins there, after a short discussion the HQ Guards and my party were fighting (and killing) the Leaden Key Assassins. Pallegina was still expelled from them though.

concerning being ambushed by the Key elsewhere:

I got ambushed after finishing Kana's quest in the endless dungeon (lvl 8 or 9), when returning to lvl 1 of the dungeon

AND when I reached the lower side of the cliff area, you need to pass through to go to Twin Elms, sorry forgot the name. Maybe this one mentioned Pallegina, not sure, but it could be. Hard to avoid them though, so you should have experienced it as well

I had something like this after returning to Defiance Bay from Twin Elms

I went to the Valian HQ and there were several Leaden Key Assassins there, after a short discussion the HQ Guards and my party were fighting (and killing) the Leaden Key Assassins. Pallegina was still expelled from them though.

concerning being ambushed by the Key elsewhere:

I got ambushed after finishing Kana's quest in the endless dungeon (lvl 8 or 9), when returning to lvl 1 of the dungeon

AND when I reached the lower side of the cliff area, you need to pass through to go to Twin Elms, sorry forgot the name. Maybe this one mentioned Pallegina, not sure, but it could be. Hard to avoid them though, so you should have experienced it as well

I know the assassins you talk about, but the text string seems to mention different assassins... maybe it's just diverging paths if you don't take Pallegina with you?

I returned to Valian Embassy in Act 3, but there were no assassins... hm, maybe I need to go there sooner? Or maybe later? Gah, I don't know.

Have you had her broker the trade agreement before returning? I think that might be necessary, at least that's what I did before returning.

No idea if there are different assassins if you dont take her with you since she became an integral part of my group immediately^^

I brokered the agreement, but apparently my problem was that I didn't kill the assassins and captured them in my dungeons instead.

Now I reloaded, killed the assassins, brokered agreement and then in yhe Valian Embassy ran into the assassins.

Is there a follow-up quest or dialogue after this, by the way?

No, not to my knowledge. But then I just went almost straight for the end of the game from there, so it might be (dont expect it though)

Also: yet another argument against building those dungeons, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...