Islamists kill 147 in Kenya

Walsingham

It's in most media, so no links.

Just curious to know why it wasn't being discussed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, what is there to discuss?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just the usual anti-Islam, anti-Muslim stuff. You know...

Where people pretend that Muslims are trying to take over the world, have a monopoly on killing people in droves, are actually a threat to any western nation's security, and just generally responsible for all the big evils in the world that Russia isn't.

Wals is apparently back, bigoted and lazy as ever. Can't even post a bad link to the subject he wants people to talk about.

Short explanation of terrorism needed.

Russians  are original inventors of terrorism, this happened in last half of XIX century and reach of peak during Revolution of 1905 year.  Between 1906 and 1909, revolutionaries killed 2,640 officials of whom 8 governors, 5 vice governors, 21 polizeimeisters,  8  Gendarme officers,  4 military generals,  ministers  etc. Terrorists always targeting officials, killing of commoners is useless for them, such killings just don't cause political effects.  Terrorists can be easily recognized by their targets.

Oh, so there is no issue with muslim extemists at all. Why is Islam the ONLY religion that seems to be off limits when it comes toc riticism and bashing?  Christianity and cathlism surely is bashed way more than Islam. Same with Judaism. Both of those are targets of hate in the west more than Islam. Because, if someone   gioes after it all the crybabies come tod efense and whine that it's just aa small subsection that's an issue not the whole group but when a ChristianCatholic/Jew does something wrong (usuaully far less  violent than this)  it's guns ablazed for those same people.

Check out the reaction to the pizza place in Indiana who  said in a pretend situatiion than may not make pizza for a gay wedding. They were attacked non stop with harassment, bullying, death rates, etc. And, all of Cathoilicism waas painted with the same brush and labeled evil and 'must be eliminated' cause it is evil.

I get it. Not all muslims are extremists. To that, I say duh. Most muslims are like most people and just want to live their live in peace. hwoever, there is definitely something smelly in the Muslim religious practice. This is FACT. It has to be dealt with and not ignored. But, hey, let's  pretend that Muslim extremists aren't mass murdering a bunch of inocent people INCLUDING a bunch of innocent Muslims becasuse they don't practice the religion in the same sick and twisted way.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

AK-47s are the real culprits here.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AK-47s are the real culprits here.

Somebody accidentally discharged their weapon, reloaded, then accidentally discharged it again? :wacko:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

#StopKony2013!

Ultimately the only answer to muslim extremism is to tackle Saudi Arabia, which is where the vast majority of extremism has its spiritual, educational and financial home. Won't happen of course, because drawing the link between wahhab/ salafi extremism and Saudi is politically inexpedient. And of course all the blunt instruments like bombing KSA will end in disaster as well, but it really is a choice between slowly unfolding disaster as Saudi funds more and more radical madrassahs and extremist 'resistance' groups, 'coincidentally' leading to more and more radical muslim terrorists and extremists while running around putting out dozens and increasing regional extremist brush fires; or tackling it head on at the source. A choice between two nice options, as always.

Zoraptor is taking the diplomatic approach here.

I suggest that we nuke Mecca as preemptive measure to ward of against future attacks. Sure, there will be some complaining on Twitter about the human elements, but i believe in the long run, it is the best for all of us. Also, we aren't entirely ruthless. We can always build anew and rename the city to "Peaceville" with the world largest Disney Land and giant statue of a dove with an olive branch in its beak on the main square.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Where people pretend that Muslims are trying to take over the world, have a monopoly on killing people in droves, are actually a threat to any western nation's security, and just generally responsible for all the big evils in the world that Russia isn't.

Wals is apparently back, bigoted and lazy as ever. Can't even post a bad link to the subject he wants people to talk about.

LOL. One hundred and forty seven people are dead ...in a single incident... and this is evidence of... me doing something.

Wow.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

While very gruesome and unfortunate incident, I don't see any wider implications. iirc Al-shabab were targeted by kenia\somali operation some time ago, although I am not certain on its results.

So this is probably either reaction against female education like in Afghanistan, or they are trying to make a statement that they are still active, using shock value, trying to top all the usual church burning, and christian attacks in Africa.

Ultimately the only answer to muslim extremism is to tackle Saudi Arabia, which is where the vast majority of extremism has its spiritual, educational and financial home. Won't happen of course, because drawing the link between wahhab/ salafi extremism and Saudi is politically inexpedient.

Tackle huh original.gif While exaggerating, you aren't saying anything that hasn't been said after 9/11, but there is a reason why those terrorist nationality came as a surprise, because Libya, Syria, and Iran were it at the time, while Saudi were largely a pro-western force ever since the cold war.

Regardless, since then Saudis has been making progress, at least until the recent even which pressed liberal Arabs into the corner, notaly the Nuclear talks with the world's biggest sponsor of international terrorism, hardliner, Iran. Who has been continuously working against our attempts to Tackle sources of any terrorism in the region..

Besides, Saudis are leading the Arab coalition that supposed to tackle extremist in the Arab peninsula, which threaten the stability of their regimes. I am afraid that the only people who would find it politically expedient to tackle Saudis, are either support Iran and wish to see its major counter balance in the region gone, or has some deep resentment to anything associated with west.

Edited by Tort
  • Like 1

Just an observation here. There is a bill passed in Indiana that MIGHT lead to a handful of shop owners to serving a gay couple. None of that has actually happened yet mind you and everyone is going bat**** nuts about how terrible Christians are.

These people where slaughtered by Muslims for no reason other than that they were Christians yet all you hear are crickets.

I'm not singling out this forum or anyone on it. Just in the world in general something that might happen but hasn't has energized a lot more fury than something that did happen. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just an observation here. There is a bill passed in Indiana that MIGHT lead to a handful of shop owners to serving a gay couple. None of that has actually happened yet mind you and everyone is going bat**** nuts about how terrible Christians are.

These people where slaughtered by Muslims for no reason other than that they were Christians yet all you hear are crickets.

I'm not singling out this forum or anyone on it. Just in the world in general something that might happen but hasn't has energized a lot more fury than something that did happen. 

I have a suspicion that the christians did not make the pass to marginalized group while the muslims did. You see, according to the narrative of structurialism, it is not as bad since the muslim are fighting upwards against those in power. Sure, i can tell you it is quite embarressing with the use of over-violence, but the lesser people sometimes cannot help themselves, you know? After all, evil is just a relative concept to the social group practicing it, so you better not judge.

Or i could be completely wrong. Just a little brain-storming here, chief.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it is more of the fact there isn't much to discuss on the extremist violence topic that hasn't been said.  It's evil, we need it to stop, not many of us are in a position to do so.  

The Kansas legislation is simply more debatable, and on a national level it is something that can be changed through activism.

• Like 1

Well, you are right that the silence with regards to this is rather deafening. I disagree with your perspective, however. No one pays this much mind because this happened in Africa and we don't really care what goes on over there as long as it doesn't involve us. It's not Master Race Westerners dying, so it's not news. Hence my "Je suis" remark. We are desensitized to atrocities being constantly committed elsewhere. Now, I don't remember any demonstrations in Egypt, Turkey or Tunisia after the Paris attacks were carried out, so it's not like we have a monopoly on callousness, heh.

I also have this theory that, due to time spent daily in poor posture, slouching in front of a computer or looking into their "smart"phones, citizens of developed countries tend to lose the ability to keep an upright back, forever being condemned to gaze at nothing beyond their own navels. I came up with this while trying to understand the really weird priorities some people seem to have.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's in most media, so no links.

There's so much of that bro. What you want to discuss? Tell me, what has given to rise of radical Islam? They weren't always like this.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

After all, evil is just a relative concept to the social group practicing it, so you better not judge.

Thing is, it wouldn't make any practical difference if it were christians, hindu, buddhists, atheists- or other muslims, by far their largest target- being killed to those doing most of the killing and quite often to those writing the headlines. The fundamental problem is that a very large proportion of the Salafi/ Wahhabi sect, founder included, doesn't really believe that basically anyone else is legitimately muslim and that pretty much anyone who doesn't follow their branch is 'takfiri' (~apostate), and is thus a valid target for just about anything; as well as believing in an explicitly dark age interpretation of islam. Further, many believe that they can simply label anyone they want as takfiri, essentially divinely justified mass murder of anyone and everyone on the fly.

In contrast, under most orthodox muslim teachings christians are actually protected as people of the book, and of course other muslims are as well. Ironically, many moderate muslims consider salafi themselves to not actually be muslims due to those differences, in much the same way that if Torquemada was still running around burning heretics there'd be a lot of christians quite genuinely disowning him as a non christian nutbar. Ultimately of course the problem is with Saudi sponsoring salafism and spreading it widely to bolster their influence. Alternatively it's all Iran's fault and if all shia just converted or committed suicide there wouldn't be any problem with salafi extremism; of course logically since everyone who doesn't believe strongly, rightly or at all is their target everyone else would have to commit suicide or convert for it to work; and the salafis would then inevitably start fighting among each other per Al Nusra and ISIS, but it is an alternative suggestion in some quarters that like to blame Iran for everything.

On coverage though, when ISIS were murdering thousands of shia nine months ago in Iraq it made some minor headlines as a sidenote, but far far less so than when they murdered their very few western hostages (at least one of whom should have been protected by having converted) as well as that sunni muslim Jordanian pilot. That's just typical 'local man drowns in river' banner headline vs '250k die in Bangladesh hurricane' p24 quarter column bias towards local interest though, not any politically correct bias.

You know who I feel sorry for the most? God. Put yourself in His place for a moment. You have created the heavens and the earth, performed feats of engineering that stagger the imagination.  You pick the third planet of a run of the mill solar system and put humans on it. You give these humans a soul, self awareness, and the capacity to love and ask for nothing but that they USE that capacity to love one another and what do they do? They rampage around killing each other and to add insult to injury they say they are doing it all for YOU!  

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's difficult to get a sustained movement in Western countries over issues in places like Africa and the Middle East because of the inability to really affect what is happening.  The Bring Back Our Girls movement swept the US, received a ton of attention, but after a month it was out of the media and no progress was made.  That's a tough thing for anyone to swallow, so it shouldn't be surprising when the Western Media stays away from this stuff.  It's a scenario of helplessness. 

• Like 2

In contrast, under most orthodox muslim teachings christians are actually protected as people of the book, and of course other muslims are as well.

By "protected" you mean they have to accept Muslim domination, instead of being killed outright, like the "unprotected".

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It's difficult to get a sustained movement in Western countries over issues in places like Africa and the Middle East because of the inability to really affect what is happening.

Indeed. Military speaking, the world isn't in a position todo much more there. Last year, USA drone attacks in Somalia is the most we can expect. And Arial campaigns inherently has very limited effect without active support on the ground. Such support for our "ideas" is hard to come by, and unfortunately it is a struggle over which we have only limited influence.

With that said, in the long term, activism against the religious and ideological roots that bring rise to such violence, while empowering and protecting moderate voices in the Islamic world, can set the conditions for the moderates success. (btw, I am not singling out Islamist e.g. this just as true for those drunk on the cold war kool-aid, frothing at the mouth at any mention of the west or ranting about "Murica").

Ohh yeah, you are sooooo enlightened, not at all confused by the "politically correct" language that is designed to avoid alienating Muslims, and the fact of 'Islamist terrorism' that consumes that region, that us "bigots" seem to try to address.

And in light of all the church burning and attacks on Christians in Africa, I'd wish there was less of the former whitewashing the issue and more of the later trying to promote religious tolerance in the Islamic world. Speaking of, I find the Egyptian president, El Sisi, recent actions encouraging. It might be just another streak of optimism, but for once it doesn't appear as pure lips service for the benefit of western audience.

President El-Sisi's Greetings:"..Egyptian President el-Sisi did the unprecedented and congratulated Egypt's Christian minority in their cathedral – a small but courageous step on the long road of what el-Sisi calls Egypt's "religious revolution."

Islams Improbable Reformer: "The real Islamic religion grants absolute freedom for the whole people to believe or not believe. Never does Islam dictate to kill others because they do not believe in Islam. Never does it dictate that [Muslims] have the right to dictate [their beliefs] to the whole world. Never does Islam say that only Muslims will go to paradise and others go to hell."