[SPOILERS] Convincing Durance

Hi everyone,

I'm having a blast with my first playthrough, I've gotten to Twin Elms and have appeased all the gods. Tried to get to know Durance as well as possible, I've exhausted pretty much all of his dialogue options as far as I can tell. Trouble is, my journal tells me there is still something he's not telling me about the Godhammer, and I can't convince him that Magran betrayed him. I can ask him if he's troubled by what we learned about Woedica, and after some interesting talk about it eventually I have to say I just "have a feeling" and he doesn't believe me because there is no proof. How do I get the evidence that will convince him?

Edited by communard

I personally passed a Mechanics ( 8 ) check and that convinced him.

I passed that mechanics test too - where you tell him you think she wanted to kill him. But after I tell him that he looked blurred in the vision and I think Magran can't see him as he was, he thinks about it and then dismisses me because I have no proof. It is frustrating to be so close to a resolution!

• Like 1

I passed that mechanics test too - where you tell him you think she wanted to kill him. But after I tell him that he looked blurred in the vision and I think Magran can't see him as he was, he thinks about it and then dismisses me because I have no proof. It is frustrating to be so close to a resolution!

I think it might have something to do with disposition, but just to be certain, What's your int?

I think it might have something to do with disposition, but just to be certain, What's your int?

Did you manage to have the conversation upon waking up, when the circles (representing the other 11)  on his staff are fading?

Yes, I got the vision talk with no problems. It is the very last part of the talks that is failing.

You need to camp in order to also see the event in which one of the symbols on his staff dies. Then you can ask Durance the question: "I had another vision of you. One of the symbols on your staff - it was dying." For me it happened fairly late in the game.

I was stuck at the same part. After doing the god quests the dialogue went until "There is no proof, Watcher. I was a fool...", but I had none, only a feeling. I tried every dialog option and rested a lot (in the tavern in Twin Elms), but to no avail. But when I rested in Caed Nua, a last dream followed and then I could finally convince him.