What are people's experience with crown control in PoTD, i mention this because my monk in PoTD normally hits ok through deflection but his knock back which targets fortitude misses 2 in 3 attempts, its so bad that Im considering skipping it as a skill even though in lower difficulties its a great CC spell. Is there any way i can boost how often it hits, it would be really useful in boss fights if it actually hit more than one in three tries, my experience so far is that the drop in dps and opportunity cost (of not using the level one attack) is not worth the pretty low chance that they will get prone. I mean i think reliable dps beats a low chance of cc, especially since my monk has terrible intel so it doesnt last that long anyway

PotD is just kinda dumb like that, everything gets such high deflection/defenses you have to stack accuracy with spells and/or consumables before being able to reliably land many hits or even grazes in some circumstances. There's no purpose to many builds that aren't carefully crafted to handle the particular ways in with PotD skews the combat system.

Edited by Odd Hermit

PotD is just kinda dumb like that, everything gets such high deflection/defenses you have to stack accuracy with spells and/or consumables before being able to reliably land many hits or even grazes in some circumstances. There's no purpose to many builds that aren't carefully crafted to handle the particular ways in with PotD skews the combat system.

Yea so im not just imagining it, so i spent the skill point on long strides instead to let me kite and split pull, or just run away lol