[SPOILERS] Eothas didn't die... he was reincarnated... as YOU

The timeline doesn't fit - the PC would have to be quite young in order for it to work out that Wiadwen was the PC.

Furthermore none of your past lives make any mention of Wiadwen, and there are times when you can *see* Wiadwen in visions and it doesn't trigger anything or awaken you further. 

But I wouldn't say it's totally out of the question with a bit of fudgery here and there lol. 

• Like 2

Waidwen wasn't Eothos, himself: Waidwen was the Chosen of Eothas. There's a lore book that describes the scene where Waidwen was first possessed by Eothos in front of a group of villagers, and supposedly Eothas himself described Waidwen (through Waidwens mouth) as his chosen.

• Like 1

Flawless theory, 10/10. Protagonist character is clearly 7 years old so story checks out.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

What was time line with Maerwald? It confused me a bit... And when does Soul enter a child? At birth?

Oh god, this is beginning to sound like some political abortion debate....

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

What was time line with Maerwald? It confused me a bit... And when does Soul enter a child? At birth?

Oh god, this is beginning to sound like some political abortion debate....

Wait wait wait...I got it. In PoE, abortion...could actually be the cure for Waidwens Legacy. Just transfer the souls over to Hollowborn. You could even make the argument that nobody dies.

Flawless theory, 10/10. Protagonist character is clearly 7 years old so story checks out.

Eothas imprinted part of his soul in you when you "survived" the biawac. Thaos had entered the ruins nearby and Eothas saw a chance to act. That was his soulstorm. You were found to be an appropriate vessel.

From then on you were acting as his agent to avenge him, and right the atrocity that was falsely called "Waidwen's Legacy" and unfairly blamed on him.

Eothas was about renewal and rebirth, he didn't want his name associated with the horrors of the hollowborn. You corrected this, and at the end of the game released the trapped souls back onto the Wheel for their rebirth.

I strongly doubt it. However if you play a priest of Eothas it would be pretty cool. That's pretty much what I did in my first playthrough. Benevolence and honesty to the max, also every Eothas dialogue.

But anyway, as I said, I strongly doubt it. One of the aspects of Eothas is honesty, he wouldn't hide in you like some thief afraid to get caught. He would show himself as he did before.

I legit thought that the Grieving Mother was Eothas, for a little while. All that focus on souls and rebirth? I was like, "dang, wounded amnesiac god."

Kinda disappointed that she wasn't.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Eothas imprinted part of his soul in you when you "survived" the biawac

Going into it, I was actually worried this was going to be the story and we'd be repeating the Child of Bhaal Eothas plot all over again.

Happily, this doesn't happen.

@Ekaros, timelime with Maerwald-

Maerwald was born many, many years after. But based on the dialogue with the spirits, his two incarnations go like this.

settlers do stuff, warrior gets angry, goes on a raid, rapes woman, child conceived

warrior gets into some fit about betrayal shortly thereafter within his group, dies.

child born with father's soul, grows up to kill his father's people

years later, Maerwald can't cope with human nature.

I strongly doubt it. However if you play a priest of Eothas it would be pretty cool. That's pretty much what I did in my first playthrough. Benevolence and honesty to the max, also every Eothas dialogue.

But anyway, as I said, I strongly doubt it. One of the aspects of Eothas is honesty, he wouldn't hide in you like some thief afraid to get caught. He would show himself as he did before.

After the Godhammer incident Eothas was understandably more cautious. A subtle vessel was needed. His soul had already been fragmented into pieces, he couldn't risk a repeat of what happened on the bridge. One of his soul fragments entered you. And merged with your soul. This is why you are referred to as the 'Ancient One'. This is why you were destined to fight Thaos and Woedica.

Sure I'm the reincarnated Eothas *shakes down merchants on the way to Caed Nua*

There's a certain entropy to the world of Eora, and Eothas is dead and gone. So's Waidwen.

The ending has a lot of interactions which would've shown or at least hint at the Watcher's nature if it was true, but there's nothing.

After the Godhammer incident Eothas was understandably more cautious. A subtle vessel was needed. His soul had already been fragmented into pieces, he couldn't risk a repeat of what happened on the bridge. One of his soul fragments entered you. And merged with your soul. This is why you are referred to as the 'Ancient One'. This is why you were destined to fight Thaos and Woedica.

That still does not fit with his persona of honesty. Remember that gods are bound to ideals. The ideals of Eothas are benevolence and honesty. A deception, like the one you describe, is completely opposite to him.

I'm pretty sure NOONE is Eothas, even Waidwen. Waidwen was just the Eothas equivalent of Thaos, an agent of their god's will, minus all the body surfing.

Yeah, Durance clarifies this point. Waidwen was the flesh, and Eothas is an ideal that inhabited him. Being tied to flesh made Eothas vulnerable and, one presumes, imperfect - as ideals tend to be when they confront reality. Waidwen was Eothas in that sense, but he wasn't Eothas the God, because gods are not physical entities. They can assume the mantle of physical entities, but Durance makes clear that a god's purity and invulnerability comes from lack of form.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.