Into The Fray already activated.

Nogaxeh

Question

Fighter ability, Into the Fray is stating that it is "already activated" and cannot be used at all. It has this written there 100% of the time.

I have tried loading and reloading the game, dismissing the fighter to the stronghold and back again but to no avail.

I am not 100% sure on what caused it, but I do remember the last time I tried using it on an enemy, the enemy was on the other side of one of my allies. The ability did not work, so I assumed it was blocked, after the fight was over and out of combat, the ability procced and then did not work again after that.

I did not notice it was broken for quite a while afterwards, but that was the last time I had used it.

I did look through the patch notes briefly, but did not notice if this one was addressed already.

Thanks for the great game. Cheers for fixing the insect swarm. Bastards for killing slick, but understandable.

7 answers to this question

Hey Nogaxeh, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If you have any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

Hey Nogaxeh, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If you have any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

I'm getting abilities getting stuck in the final battle quite a bit, where they'll show as casting something but it never casts and I can't cancel, use something else, or move the character.  Seems to be happening right after the mid-battle cutscenes; perhaps if the fight finished with someone in this state, the ability would show as already activated?

It's mostly showing up with the item that lets you fire off 8 fireballs, possibly because you can spam them pretty fast so it's easier to get the timing just right.

I'm getting abilities getting stuck in the final battle quite a bit, where they'll show as casting something but it never casts and I can't cancel, use something else, or move the character.  Seems to be happening right after the mid-battle cutscenes; perhaps if the fight finished with someone in this state, the ability would show as already activated?

It's mostly showing up with the item that lets you fire off 8 fireballs, possibly because you can spam them pretty fast so it's easier to get the timing just right.

Yea, that is the place we found to most easily reproduce the issue as well, and how we realized that cutscenes can cause the issue. Thanks for the feedback. We're now investigating being charmed or dominated, as some users have ideas that those afflictions might cause the issue as well. Keep up the great work!

Yea, that is the place we found to most easily reproduce the issue as well, and how we realized that cutscenes can cause the issue. Thanks for the feedback. We're now investigating being charmed or dominated, as some users have ideas that those afflictions might cause the issue as well. Keep up the great work!

Oh, incidentally, it seems to be happening when I try to fire off the last fireball left in the... necklace, I think it is?  Even without a cutscene.

Just had Barbs of Condemnation join the list of unusable skills alongside Edér's Into the Fray.
Definitely seems to be connected to skills not properly getting cancelled after combat ends/gets interrupted or some such event.
Making the game think its still toggled when it is not.

Had this happen to me twice when I was queue-ing Durance's Barbs of Condemnation.

It was caused when I queue'd several actions, including Barbs of Condemnation and then for whatever reason he continued to cast after combat ended. It wasn't a big deal for the AoE buffs since those took place as usual, but it's odd that Barbs was still cast even though the target was no longer there.

[unrelated side note: it sure would be great if I could see what was queue'd.]