Basically exactly what's in the title. I'm thinking of re-rolling as a barbarian and wanted to know if intellect affected frenzy, I'm not too bothered about the yell abilities so if frenzy is unaffected I doubt I would invest much in intellect.

Didn't know that, looks like I'm maxing intellect then. With that in mind I'm now thinking of running Coastal Aumaua from The Living Lands and run Might 21, Con 3, Dex 18, Per 3, Int 18, Res 15 - the way I see it Con doesn't need to be high as Frenzy with Greater Frenzy will give me +6 anyway and Barbarians naturally have ridiculous endurance, I see very little point in having even more. Reducing Per, though slightly annoying as I won't get much interrupt, doesn't affect my raw damage and whilst it does reduce deflection that isn't a barbarian strong suit anyway - besides maybe my high hit rate will allow me to interrupt anyway. Resolve is so I don't get interrupted myself.

Thoughts? I would go dual wielding and take Two Weapon Style so I'm hitting crazy often with frenzy, and also use lightish armor to really pump my DPS.

Didn't know that, looks like I'm maxing intellect then. With that in mind I'm now thinking of running Coastal Aumaua from The Living Lands and run Might 21, Con 3, Dex 18, Per 3, Int 18, Res 15 - the way I see it Con doesn't need to be high as Frenzy with Greater Frenzy will give me +6 anyway and Barbarians naturally have ridiculous endurance, I see very little point in having even more. Reducing Per, though slightly annoying as I won't get much interrupt, doesn't affect my raw damage and whilst it does reduce deflection that isn't a barbarian strong suit anyway - besides maybe my high hit rate will allow me to interrupt anyway. Resolve is so I don't get interrupted myself.

Thoughts? I would go dual wielding and take Two Weapon Style so I'm hitting crazy often with frenzy, and also use lightish armor to really pump my DPS.

as long as you have a main tank and a healer this should be viable, youa re gonna need to look after him though as if he gets focused he will drop, not as fast as a rogue but still pretty fragile (depending what difficulty you play)

Barbarians have really bad Deflection, from my experience I'd dump Res and Per and go for Con anyway. Though to be honest, what you have is perfectly fine. As for Dual Wielding, I personally like Maces for their DR Reduction. Stilettos are another nice choice, there's a fantastic Stiletto you can buy at Gilded Vale which will make your Barbarian do ridiculous AoE damage.

They probably should've named the stat Wisdom or Determination or something. High Intelligence Barbarians is just silly.

Or they just should've balanced the Attributes better so that Intellect weren't completely crazy and hyperintellectual barbarian wouldn't be one of the clearly best builds for a barbarian.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

Damn, intelligent Barbarians - perfect! It's just that I like my main character intelligent, but i also like melee fighting. So I made a rather intelligent Fighter, had I only known about the coolness of genius Barbarians... ^^